1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

F1 season 2016

jojo Dec 11, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Mark_86

Mark_86 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Black Edition DSG

7 if your counting last season yes; but that was 2015... I'm only counting 2016 as that's what you score points for that years WDC. But yeah, Lewis took his eye off the ball after winning his 3rd WDC at the end of 2015.

I don't agree with what Niki said, i think that was a late move by Rosberg to cover Lewis off. Lewis came off turn 3 soooo fast, and committed to the inside way before Nico started moving across and Lewis just had no-where else to go. But, Lewis should have sold him a dummy on that one in my opinion.

Besides, they both got no points for that race, so it cancels out.

Not a Lewis fanboy as i said earlier and some of his off track antics are somewhat, odd. But, he's the better, quicker and more talented driver of the two.

Scottyg, martin1984 and Ghost like this.
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. RCD6FC

RCD6FC Active Member Team Samoa Orange Audi TT

I didn't call into question Rosberg's champion credentials or describe his efforts as boring. I just couldn't resist the opportunity to try and wind up a NALF!

:-D

Scottyg and 45bvtc like this.
  4. Bugeye_bob

Bugeye_bob Active Member

Lewis Hamilton will not be punished for his tactics in the season finale at Abu Dhabi by his Mercedes team.

"There is no need to say anything to Lewis. We have no problem about how he raced in Abu Dhabi. We have drawn a line under it," Niki Lauda has told The Mail on Sunday.

Scottyg likes this.
  5. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter SQ5 owners group Team Cornflower Blue Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Team Sepang Audi RS3 Audi TT

OK, here's the deal: Valtteri Bottas to Mercedes; Valtteri is a tough fighter and in the same car as Hamilton, interesting: and Valtteri is managed by Toto Wolff.

Now, replace Valtteri at Williams with Pascal Wehrlein, also managed by Toto Wolff.

And reduce the cost of Mercedes engines to Williams - they have been complaining of the £/$/€ costs - and you have a deal.

And then maybe Alonso to Williams... [​IMG]

Ghost likes this.
  6. Bugeye_bob

Bugeye_bob Active Member

Williams wont let Valtteri go, and with a rule change I very much doubt they would change both drivers, even for Alonso.

7. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter SQ5 owners group Team Cornflower Blue Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Team Sepang Audi RS3 Audi TT

Here you go Damien...

Nico Ice.JPG

RCD6FC, jojo and Ghost like this.
  8. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

And what position did Vettel finish? :laugh:

Ghost likes this.
  9. 45bvtc

4th Jojo, and I like Sebastian... [​IMG] As you know... [​IMG]

Drivers 2016.JPG

No one but no one expected a non-Mercedes powered car to beat the Mercedes in 2016 as the following shows:

Race results 2016.JPG

10. RCD6FC

Shouldn't Kimi be shown frantically chasing the ice cream van?

:icecreamcone:

11. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Behind Ricciardo:D

Ghost likes this.
  12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. 45bvtc

But in front of the rest, jojo, and generally two-by-two ALL the way down the grid; and with 2 x Mercedes at the front that must surely, please, tell you something about 2016 F1 racing... [​IMG]

A driver may be wonderful, and each will favour their own, but the car does have a modicum of input into their overall success or failure.

14. 45bvtc

At 37-years of age I wouldn't have thought so...

My money's on another boring Scandinavian who's 7-years younger than favoured fiery Spaniard and 4-years younger than the now demonstrably untrustworthy Brit, maybe... [​IMG]

However, the 'car' will be the strongest element, again, in the 2017 F1 circus.

Last edited: Dec 5, 2016
  15. AndyT306

AndyT306 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona S-line owners group Audi A6 Black Edition S tronic DSG

unfortunately the drivers championship has for a number of years been decided by the car, we haven't had a fight drivers in different cars since 2012

45bvtc likes this.
  16. 45bvtc

Back in the 70s, I was there and driving a Lotus, or two; Lotus put a badge (I still have a spare) on the side of their road cars which showed:

P1040150.JPG
    It didn't mention the "driver" and Lotus for sure had some bl**dy good drivers... [​IMG]

Lotus Badge-1.jpg

Sandra likes this.
  17. RCD6FC

No, no, not chasing it for the seat. Chasing it 'cos he likes ice cream!

45bvtc likes this.
  18. 45bvtc

Oooop! So I was both wrong and right, Damien; a 37-year old chasing an ice cream van would be a tad silly, wouldn't 'you' agree...

With the 'big' 7 zero behind me I prefer this method:
    [​IMG]

jojo and Ghost like this.
  19. 45bvtc

Hmm, that nice cash strapped Williams Team negotiating with Toto for power-units who just happens to be Valtteri's manager and Toto with a "needed to be filled pretty-damn-quick" Mercedes seat; and wanting a young, experienced, competitive, and long term TEAM positive/faithful driver and one who he already manages! I wouldn't bet against it.

Give Williams Wehrlein, Toto's own Mercedes development driver (remember that Hamilton doesn't want to do the "going around and around testing stuff" (bless!!) and has dropped out of the last two tests) and who's Toto gonna upset? Manor Racing, OK. Manor will be content to 'train' any up and coming driver providing they bring with the a competitive Mercedes power unit, or two, for the season.

Just can't see the 'why not', Bugeye-bob (and from an ex-Bugeye owner:

Frogeye #1ZX.jpg

20. jojo

Vettel should just go to Mercedes as the 'German' driver! Then we will actually know which driver is quicker?! Not likely to happen though... Lewis will probably be the quicker of the two, but his engine will probably explode in the last 2 races of the season! :laugh:

Scottyg and Ghost like this.
  21. Ozmosis

Ozmosis Well-Known Member Sportback Team Sepang Audi RS3 quattro S tronic

Toto himself has said he does not want to ruin the equilibrium within Williams. However, stranger things have happened...

Nice Sprite!

Scottyg and 45bvtc like this.
  22. slepy

slepy Extremely smart and handsome person. VCDS Map User Fantasy Formula 1 Winner 2018

Don't want to ruin your discussion but Toto sold his Williams shares earlier this year.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

45bvtc likes this.
  23. 45bvtc

Well spotted slepy, I'd forgotten that, and for me that makes Valtteri even more suitable: or as reported in today's The Times:

P1040152.JPG

I'm still betting on Valterri... [​IMG]

24. SteveMcB

SteveMcB Well-Known Member SQ5 owners group Team Sepang Audi Cabriolet Owner Group

If you insist Toto, I suppose I could free up next year's diary :racer:

slepy likes this.
  25. Mark_86

Mark_86 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Black Edition DSG

But he does manage Bottas. Doubt he'll move from Williams to Mercedes though.

26. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Bugeye_bob and Mark_86 like this.
  27. slepy

slepy Extremely smart and handsome person. VCDS Map User Fantasy Formula 1 Winner 2018

And he would be a good number 2 driver.

jojo likes this.
  28. 45bvtc

And Hamilton sure needs one of those.... [​IMG]

NALF [​IMG]

29. Ozmosis

I read this on another site too. Please do it!

Hamilton vs Alonso Ver.2: Fireworks!

Scottyg likes this.
  30. Bugeye_bob

Bugeye_bob Active Member

Swolff.jpg
    The secret is out . . . .

slepy and Ozmosis like this.
  31. Ozmosis

@BugEye-bob, would this be a perfect replacement for Maldonado???

32. Bugeye_bob

Bugeye_bob Active Member

It was on their own Facebook page earlier, I couldn`t resist.

:hubbahubba:

Ozmosis likes this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. slepy

jojo and Ozmosis like this.
  35. Ghost

Ghost Booooooo! Gold Supporter

:)

[​IMG]

Scottyg, 45bvtc and jojo like this.
  36. fearLesss

fearLesss Active Member TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Audi S4 quattro Manual

I think having Button in the driving seat would be amazing, perhaps dreams come true...

Bugeye_bob, jojo and xpoweruk like this.
  37. jojo

Depends how watertight his gardening leave contract is?

38. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

39. Ozmosis

I did make some enquiries, but not having a super license and being about 22 years too old kind of scuppers my chances hahahaha!

Ghost likes this.
  40. AndyT306

AndyT306 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona S-line owners group Audi A6 Black Edition S tronic DSG

i don't think Button wants to race

i'd love to see Vetell, but it won't happen

i imagine Hamilton will be pleading for wherlin, and making sure he's a defined number 2 driver so he can have another easy championship win

slepy and 45bvtc like this.
  41. desertstorm

jojo, Ozmosis and Bugeye_bob like this.
  42. Bugeye_bob

Bugeye_bob Active Member

This is if Mercedes still have the fastest cars, 2017 is a big Aero change, not something Merc adapted to in the past quickly,
    they dominated a engine era,

Look at the Schumi/Rosberg days, tyre usage was all over, they still had a good engine as Mclaren had continued to be up there, but they didnt have the Aero for the balance,
    Merc were also in the Championship fight till the last race, now I know it was a two horse race so they wouldnt have had to develop as such, but they won`t have been on the 2017 car in the same way as they were in the build up to the 2014 rule changes, so will they be in the same position?
    Has Rosberg seen their car isnt looking as good ?

Also the Button Contract will be pretty watertight, this was mentioned before he was ever allowed to see what the Team had been working on for 2017,
    Dr JB Mentioned this in a Brundle interview, which at the time obviously was a "they didnt let me know any secrets until I was unable to go elsewhere and tell them" comment, but I guess this would still apply, they seem to have to work a gardening leave if they leave early for another team.

45bvtc and Ozmosis like this.
  43. Ozmosis

Very valid points, @BugEye-bob. There's going to be a lot of 'ground effect' aero, and we know that Adrian Newey will be working his magic here on the Red Bulls.

Hopefully Ferrari and McLaren can find something too and we can have a decent scrap, like the beginning of 2012 season...

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.