1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.
  2. Dismiss Notice

F1 season 2016

jojo Dec 11, 2015

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter SQ5 owners group Team Cornflower Blue Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Team Sepang Audi RS3 Audi TT

Top marks for all of that, Andy, and I agree with every word - especially that "effectively cheating" in Spa though I don't blame Hamilton for that but credit given to whoever thought up that idea.

"And don't discount the development Nico put into the car" to that should be added the re-development of the drivers glove (stitching) that Hamilton then copied and which overcame his inability to get the car off the line properly - lets not forget.

Hamilton always seems to have done it ALL when he wins but it's always the TEAM when he doesn't.

An engine man for most of my working career I readily accept that a driver can regularly break an engine where another may not - backing off 5% on an engine can increase its life cycle enormously and to win you just have to be in front of the guy behind and not try to lap the field for an ego boost.

The car was the start in 2016, any other two current F1 grid drivers would have achieved the same; done and dusted, move on...

NALF

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  2. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

3. 45bvtc

45bvtc Well-Known Member Supporter SQ5 owners group Team Cornflower Blue Gold Supporter Team Sahara Silver Team Sepang Audi RS3 Audi TT

"Lewis Hamilton has pulled out of a test aimed at finalising tyres for next season because he was feeling unwell.

Hamilton was scheduled to drive all day at the Yas Marina circuit but after a few laps the Briton felt ill, and Pascal Wehrlein took over."

The last tyre test in October Hamilton had a bad foot "A team spokesperson said: "Lewis had some discomfort in his foot after training on Tuesday"

Echoing AndyT306: 2017 chassis and tyre development down to Nico and Pascal Wehrlein again...

4. Bugeye_bob

Bugeye_bob Active Member

5. C39KER

C39KER Audi TT MK2 With MSS Street Kit

With the amount of money F1 teams spends to get 1/2 sec fast than their rivals bad luck doesn't exist and not being able to detect the issue before it happens that's BS.

Nico development of the 3 years is a joke...He was they for 3 years and no companionship the first year LH come and look at what happen, its was the same as Mclean. When Lewis came to the team Nico still was not up to Par until they started to share data then he began to set up his car the same as Lewis. Don't get me wrong

Nico is still a good driver or he will not be where he is today but he is not at Lewis's level and the team bosses knew it that's why they swap engines and that didn't work so Lewis started to get "BAD LUCK"

For me I stay let them race and have the same level of support and don't favour any of them.

Last edited: Nov 30, 2016
  6. 45bvtc

A quote from Chris Froome, three-times winner of the Tour de France in yesterday's The Times interview:

"You give everything as an individual, but you are utterly dependent on those around you"

I think that well applies to Formula 1, too

Ghost likes this.
  7. Ghost

Ghost Booooooo! Gold Supporter

[​IMG]

:)

jojo, Bugeye_bob and desertstorm like this.
  8. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Looks like Lewis probably said something similar to what I would have said and Toto agrees with him. I really can't see there being any sanctions from Mercedes against Lewis now. They hired a racer who wants to win, what did they expect him to do.
    As Martin Brundle said "show me a good loser and I will show you a loser."
    http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/347602/wolff-malaysia-failure-cost-hamilton-title/

9. 45bvtc

Maybe Toto was thinking what Hamilton had been thinking a couple of races ago...

Champion.JPG

10. Bugeye_bob

Bugeye_bob Active Member

Hamilton has been accused of this in the past, Nico threw his toys out that time but nothing from "the management" then, so why is it different,
    Lewis has refused to slow to let Nico past ,"if he catches up I will let him past", again nothing done.

11. 45bvtc

But that particular theme only applies when you have competition.

For the last 3-years Mercedes have had ZERO competition.

The ONLY competition Hamilton had was Nico Rosberg and Hamilton LOST, LOST, LOST! :yahoo:

12. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

13. 45bvtc

But in Monaco Nico did let Hamilton past. Hamilton trailed for so many laps that the Team asked him to step aside as Hamilton was nano-seconds faster and that's what Nico did and ALLOWED Hamilton the chance of a win, the first of the year, having crashed into Nico - in desperation the race before in Barcelona.

Hamilton LOST the 2016 World Chamionship while Nico won through shear consistency in the SAME car; do the maths...

NALF

14. 45bvtc

And that's Hamilton's image of himself, of course... Maybe the one thing for me this year he got right...

Champion.JPG

15. 45bvtc

breaking news...

Rosberg announces his retirement from F1 racing

On the day he is set to collect the trophy for winning his first drivers’ world championship, Mercedes’ Nico Rosberg has announced that he is to retire from Formula One racing.

“Since 25 years in racing, it has been my dream, my ‘one thing’ to become Formula One World Champion,” said Rosberg via social media. “Through the hard work, the pain, the sacrifices, this has been my target. And now I’ve made it.

“I have climbed my mountain, I am on the peak, so this feels right. My strongest emotion right now is deep gratitude to everybody who supported me to make that dream happen.”

Bugeye_bob and slepy like this.
  16. 45bvtc

It was rumoured that one had to go last year but instead they swapped mechanics - I wonder who'll accept the poison chalice to drive alongside Hamilton - Pascal Wehrline would be my best guess as for sure Hamilton needs a development driver to cover them development days he's unwell.

And good luck to Nico and family

NALF

Scottyg likes this.
  17. Scottyg

Scottyg Well-Known Member Team Floret Silver TDi Audi A3 S tronic

That because he knows he'll never win it again???
    IMG_1108.GIF

Having said that, I wish him all the best.

slepy likes this.
  18. Bugeye_bob

Bugeye_bob Active Member

OMG I never saw this one . . . . .

19. 45bvtc

Alonso to Mercedes but then there's Hamilton and the pair didn't get on at McLaren, then again, no one ever does get on with Hamilton....

A wild card: Hamilton retires also as 2017 is going to be way more competitive than 2016 and Hamilton wouldn't want to loose, AGAIN...

20. Scottyg

The more I think about Rosberg's decision, I think he made his mind up after testing the 2017 Merc. He complained that he was physically knackered when he finished testing with the added G-force and had to rest for two days! Did he feel he couldn't do it physically?

21. desertstorm

desertstorm Moderator Staff Member Moderator VCDS Map User TDi quattro Audi A4 Audi Avant Owner Group

Big surprise this. Toto better not get on Lewis's case too much he may well just retire as well. I suspect a few drivers may be found out next year with the increases in grip and speed the cars are going to be a big challenge.Pascal must think christmas has come early if he gets the nod after being side lined by Force India.I would have thought Mercedes would like another German driver.

Scottyg likes this.
  22. jojo

jojo Looking for Boost! Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Audi A6 Audi Avant Owner Group

Ha! Nico didn't have the balls to do it all again next year! :laugh: #hitandrun

C39KER, slepy, Ozmosis and 1 other person like this.
  23. 45bvtc

Doesn't have to 'cos Nico just did "WIN IT" and Hamilton's gonna be doing a BIG Xmas (and 2017) GRUMPY [​IMG] wondering who's gonna develop his car for next year as he won't cos he'll be poorly on each of the development days but most won't care as they think the WINNING is ALL down to Hamilton but he already knows it ain't.

I wish 'em ALL the best 'cos they're way faster than me anyway and I'm getting slower by the day
    [​IMG] but STILL going, going, going....

Here's betting either a) Hamilton will throw in the towel or b) the towel will be thrown at Hamilton - I mean, why would you pay someone £30-million a year to loose when the £10-million a year guy wins?

Oh the shame... [​IMG]

NALF

24. AndyT306

AndyT306 Moderator Staff Member Moderator Team Daytona S-line owners group Audi A6 Black Edition S tronic DSG

Mercedes to quit and Hamilton left without a drive?

I can see Vettel possibly moving, he's driven for Ferrari which is something he wanted,
    I'd love to see him and Lewis in a straight fight - see who's the best from the last decade

Ozmosis and 45bvtc like this.
  25. 45bvtc

Been there done that!

Nico #2.jpg

Go Nico... [​IMG]

26. Ozmosis

Ozmosis Well-Known Member Sportback Team Sepang Audi RS3 quattro S tronic

Well it was certainly a surprise to read THAT news today!

Rosberg himself said he cannot go through another year fighting, he has achieved his aim which is fair enough. Last guy to retire after winning the title was Prost. At least next year no car with a '0' number!

So who to replace him? Seems to me that Wehrlein would be a natural 'shoe-in' as he hasn't actually been signed anywhere yet.

As much entertainment as it would be to see Alonso or Vettel there, I cannot see it happening... Red Bull are probably checking Verstappen and Ricciardo's contracts right about now too...

20161202_191628.png 20161202_191541.png

RCD6FC likes this.
  27. Mark_86

Mark_86 Well-Known Member Team Daytona Audi S3 quattro Black Edition DSG

Jenson Button to Merc next year... calling it now.

28. Bugeye_bob

Bugeye_bob Active Member

Never, he wanted to retire but Ron talked him into the deal he signed, Jenson doesnt want to race anymore,

Shame Susie is pregnant or Totto could have employed her.

29. Mark_86

A second WDC is pretty big motivation. I'd want to leave after driving that dog of a McHonda.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

30. Scottyg

I'd love to see Jensen back with Lewis. They were great team-mates and Jensen out scored him over 3 seasons. Interesting.

jdp1962 and Mark_86 like this.
  31. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition S tronic

My heart says Jenson to join Mercedes but my head says Max.

jojo and Scottyg like this.
  32. Bugeye_bob

Bugeye_bob Active Member

I know it is Friday evening, but do you really think that RBR will allow that lol

jdp1962 likes this.
  33. Avatar

snack-media
    Advertisement

34. RCD6FC

RCD6FC Active Member Team Samoa Orange Audi TT

No John, the only competition Hamilton had was Rosberg and Hamilton WON, WON and LOST...

:playful:

jojo and Scottyg like this.
  35. jdp1962

jdp1962 Grumpy Old Man TFSI Owners Group Team V6 Gold Supporter Team Tornado Audi S4 quattro Black Edition S tronic

I know, but can you imagine it, Max in a Merc?!

36. C39KER

C39KER Audi TT MK2 With MSS Street Kit

And the team knew he was going y must have discussed this mid season...Nico signed a contract for the next few years so how did he break that one if the team never knew.

All BS to me...I guess the team gave him the best going away present

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

37. Bugeye_bob

Bugeye_bob Active Member

Totto said Nico told him on Monday, not before.

38. RCD6FC

Max might be better off staying where he is if Newey and his team can be the best interpreters of the new regs. Newey seems to have form in that area!

Ghost and xpoweruk like this.
  39. RCD6FC

Outstanding.

You do realise that if Toto does answer one of those calls and brings Fernando on board that the new Merc will be a shopping trolley, Newey will design a masterpiece and McLaren will find a decent car down the back of the settee. Fernando will be left thinking WTF, again? We'll be left wondering how such a talented driver has a special knack for making the wrong career moves!

jojo, Ozmosis, Ghost and 2 others like this.
  40. 45bvtc

Don't hold back wanting to join him guys...

P1040067x.jpg

xpoweruk likes this.
  41. 45bvtc

No Damien, more like after you, after you, and now it's your turn to follow me:

Nico ended the 2015 season with 3-wins and started 2016 with 4-wins and by Suzuka (Nico won and Hamilton was 3rd, remember) held a 33-point lead over Hamilton sufficient to win the driver championship providing he brought his one of the 2-best cars in the 2016 F1 field home, and that's what Nico did.

Sometimes brain-power though boring for spectators does work.

Some might call it a beautiful game, others may say it's boring, but for me Nico's strategy was perfect and Hamilton could see it, and there was nothing he could do. [​IMG]

NALF

42. Mark_86

Not sure I agree. Although Nico got off to a great start and won 4 races on the bounce, I still think he was abit lucky. I don't like saying that you win a WDC by luck, because the same could be said of Button when he won his. But, as Toto has already alluded to, if Hamilton didn't have that engine problem in Malaysia he would have beaten Rosberg. I think that's the only sticking point with me and being able to say that Nico beat Lewis by going toe-to-toe. But, not taking anything away from Nico, he did what he needed to, but no more...

43. 45bvtc

Ahem, 7-races on the bounce and then was crashed into by someone who wasn't even on the race track:

x.JPG

Or as Niki Lauda said after the incident: “It was a miscalculation in Lewis’ head, I blame him more than Nico.”

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.