F1 season 2015

Tells you all you need to know that the inuendo's possible from the podium celebrations were probably the most exciting part!

Verstappen was again the only real entertainment... Not all of it good though for once!

The massive changes coming in 2017 can't come fast enough. Next year will be a non-season. Every manufacturer will be preparing their car and drivers (Hamilton has already changed his training programme to allow him to cope with the increased speed of up to 5 seconds per lap).
Can't believe Merc didn't let Hamilton go into SS. Who said cars didn't need driver??? Oh that's the Robocars next year. May as well have them in F1 next year as well.

That's not yrue about the tyres. They gave LH choice of tyres and asked him on the radio which one he wants. For which they didn't get reply. Engineers chose harder tyre because they were afraid he wouldn't make it till the end of the race.

Another instance of Merc keeping everything the same for both drivers. They could easily have chose otherwise. With 13/14 laps to go the SS would have made it to the end no problems.

Reactions: Ghost
Read that earlier. It wasn't broadcast on the TV over team radios. Interesting Toto said he was! Whoever is telling the truth the fact still remains that they stuck to the same strategy for both which will always then favour Hamiltons side of the argument.

Did you see the post race press conference? Hamilton and Rosberg asked who was happiest going into winter break? Nico- I'm very happy having won the last race.
Lewis- I'm happy as I'd rather be World Champion than won the last race.
Nico's face was a pretty picture! :box:

Yeah. And a bit about xmass presents was good as well

Maybe it would be best if Hamilton did his own thing - like start with building his own car 'cos when he loses it certainly ain't his problem and the world and their dogs seem to be against him but when he wins, man it's all Lewis, Lewis, Lewis; yeah, right...

Just sayin' :readit:

Maybe it would be best if Hamilton did his own thing - like start with building his own car 'cos when he loses it certainly ain't his problem and the world and their dogs seem to be against him but when he wins, man it's all Lewis, Lewis, Lewis; yeah, right...

Just sayin' :readit:

?????????????????? :shrug:

BlzcSc_CEAARO3R.jpg

Reactions: Scottyg and jojo
But them signs are on the OTHER side of the race track, Spooky....

Mercedes claim to have spent "£240-million to send 2-cars round in circles for a 2015 season of 19-races"

Next time Lewis shouts to the press he can do it on his own, his way, whatever, then maybe he should think on - there's other teams needin' a driver....

I don’t see a problem with a driver not being happy about coming 2nd & looking to see where to improve, maybe that’s why he’s a 3 time world champion?

..but out of all the drivers he’s the first to say well done to his team for winning & getting him to the end, & he be the first to say if the team made a mistake.. “we win and lose together”

http://www.f1fanatic.co.uk/2015/05/24/mercedes-sorry-for-hamiltons-race-losing-pit-stop/

Reactions: Ozmosis and Scottyg
But them signs are on the OTHER side of the race track, Spooky....

Mercedes claim to have spent "£240-million to send 2-cars round in circles for a 2015 season of 19-races"

Next time Lewis shouts to the press he can do it on his own, his way, whatever, then maybe he should think on - there's other teams needin' a driver....
Come on John, Alonso is probably the most outspoken F1 driver on the grid, and Vettel has had his moments. Winners moan - FACT!, especially when they are not 'winning' lol

Reactions: 45bvtc, Ozmosis and Scottyg
Having played sport all my life, to a high level in two, I've yet to come across a good loser. I am still the worst loser ever! Not ashamed to say it. And it definitely isn't the taking part that counts. Screw the PC brigade.
Hamilton for his 4th title next year and a nice hat-trick.

Reactions: 45bvtc and Ozmosis
I AGREE with ALL of that you guys :hi: but consider how boring F1 would really be if we didn't banter...
And PLEASE remember I'm sitting next to a 100% Hamilton fan throughout practice, qualifying, the race and then post race coverage... :scared2:
I'll be supporting SEBASTIAN again throughout 2016 if only for the banter... :yahoo:

Reactions: Scottyg, Sandra, Ghost and 1 other person
I didnt even get to see the last race, I didnt realise it was only on Sky, for some reason BBC didnt even show the highlights, which was strange and disappointing too!!!

Just checked I player and its on there now, strange as it didnt show up on the sky planner, it was series linked too and wasnt on iplayer on Sky either....

Oh well will download it tonight and watch it then.

I AGREE with ALL of that you guys :hi: but consider how boring F1 would really be if we didn't banter...
And PLEASE remember I'm sitting next to a 100% Hamilton fan throughout practice, qualifying, the race and then post race coverage... :scared2:
I'll be supporting SEBASTIAN again throughout 2016 if only for the banter... :yahoo:

John you whinging about Lewis just gives us ammo to post up photos vids and statistics of his winning ways !!
laughing-msn-messenger-smiley-emoticon.gif

241375B300000578-2875310-image-m-2_1418683690656.jpg

Reactions: Sandra and jojo
It was on BBC2 live from Friday's first practice, qually and race. It moved from BBC1 on Sunday to make way for the Davis Cup. My series link worked fine.

Reactions: slepy
I didnt even get to see the last race, I didnt realise it was only on Sky, for some reason BBC didnt even show the highlights, which was strange and disappointing too!!!

Just checked I player and its on there now, strange as it didnt show up on the sky planner, it was series linked too and wasnt on iplayer on Sky either....

I watched it live on the BBC mate.

Reactions: slepy

Nilz it was live on BBC 2 , there for it didn’t pick up on the series link.

My series link didn’t work either
:shrug:

Reactions: Sandra
I watched it live as well. Davis cup was on bbc1

Aaah!!! Thats why it was missed!!!

So much for advanced technology....oh well, will get it tonight on iplayer and watch it then.

John you whinging about Lewis just gives us ammo to post up photos vids and statistics of his winning ways !!
laughing-msn-messenger-smiley-emoticon.gif

I'll let RS3copilot know... and then do a control-alt-delete and hope it works....

Reactions: Ghost
Nilz it was live on BBC 2 , there for it didn’t pick up on the series link.

My series link didn’t work either
:shrug:
You guys should just stay in and watch it live, hehe :) x

Reactions: 45bvtc
You tell 'em Sandra... :yahoo: Go girl...

And 'some' of these guys claim to be supporters/followers/enthusiasts/etc.

What would Lewis and/or his dogs think?

Tsk! :sadlike:

Reactions: Scottyg, jojo, Ghost and 1 other person
Ooooops!! I guess it REALLY must be me then! Or as reported in The Times today by Kevin Eason:

P1020936

If you listen to the Toto Wolff interview, neither of them are safe. Plus Rosberg's contract is up for renewal at the end of 2016 season. If he doesn't beat Lewis, he's out. Toto has pretty much alluded to that.

Now we could start to fantasise wishing for straight swaps with Kvyat and Verstappen...

This unsurprising news for me has certainly put meat on the bones of the Wolf/Lauda arguments and to the comments from Ron Dennis recently; must go and listen to the interview; F1 is way more than just a race... :racer:

Reactions: Artimus
Team-mates not getting on!!
thud-faint-smiley-emoticon.gif
:)

Mercedes don’t need to worry about forcing Lewis to go…
I give Lewis 2 years max with Mercedes, then he will be wanting to drive for Ferrari

Reactions: Scottyg
Ooooops!! I guess it REALLY must be me then! Or as reported in The Times today by Kevin Eason:

View attachment 74230

I doubt they will get rid of LH, he's too marketable, and it will cost them loads to terminate his contract, unless the feelings is mutual?
I'm sure Lewis and Nico still think they have the BEST car on the grid next year, so they are just going to have to comprimise.

'Experts seek new word to describe this F1 season

Some of Britain’s finest linguistics experts are gathering today as they attempt to create a new word to describe the feeling of tepid dissatisfaction brought on by the 2015 Formula 1 season.

‘This is a really tricky one,’ admitted professor of language Professor Ovlang Widge. ‘English is so rich and varied, and yet still we lack a word that encapsulates the strange, restless torpor and gloom experienced by someone who sat through this year’s F1 season in its entirety.’

‘Thus far we have agreed that ‘ennui’ simply doesn’t cover it, since there was always a faint glimmer of joy when that useless oaf Maldonado invented a new way of crashing,’ Prof. Widge continued. ‘Nor is ‘boredom’ quite appropriate since it doesn’t cover moments when Max Verstappen drove like a mad **** and gave you a tiny sliver of hope that this wouldn’t be another completely wasted Sunday afternoon staring at ******* watch adverts.’

‘I can promise you, we will not rest in our quest to find a new word that really sums up the flat, joyless, underwhelming by-the-numbers tedium of the season past,’ the professor concluded. ‘At the moment our best suggestion is ‘rosberg’.’
http://sniffpetrol.com/2015/11/30/experts-seek-new-word-to-describe-this-f1-season/#.VmCiMMpIxAY

Smallad151130.jpg

:D

Reactions: desertstorm and jojo
Now we could start to fantasise wishing for straight swaps with Kvyat and Verstappen...

This unsurprising news for me has certainly put meat on the bones of the Wolf/Lauda arguments and to the comments from Ron Dennis recently; must go and listen to the interview; F1 is way more than just a race... :racer:
:respekt:

I wouldn't be surprised if Dennis was laying out the ground rules for a Hamilton return to McLaren in 2 years, as there was no other reason for him to comment on Hamilton's recent talk of "...finding drink", and he still admires Hamilton's ability to get the most out of any machine given him. He'll want a proven champion in the car when the Honda starts to sing! Alonso will be too old to take the risks needed, and Vettel won't be leaving Ferrari any time soon - So who else is there?

:respekt:

I wouldn't be surprised if Dennis was laying out the ground rules for a Hamilton return to McLaren in 2 years, as there was no other reason for him to comment on Hamilton's recent talk of "...finding drink", and he still admires Hamilton's ability to get the most out of any machine given him. He'll want a proven champion in the car when the Honda starts to sing! Alonso will be too old to take the risks needed, and Vettel won't be leaving Ferrari any time soon - So who else is there?

Think Kvyat and Verstappen for starters, Artimus...

Reactions: Artimus
Whilst Kyat is fast, there's still no evidence he has what it takes to be Champion - and he's not the easiest on the eye to look at! ;)
I'd like to think Verstappen for youth/speed and Hamilton for experience

Mercedes have Pascal Wehrlein waiting in the wings, another good German driver, I am sure Mercedes would like a German driver to win the world Championship. I expect Rosberg will be moving sideways before Hamilton.
Maybe Mercedes are starting to think a bit like Frank Williams in that you don't need a really good expensive driver to win when you have the fastest car. Mercedes could save a lot of cash and still win with lesser drivers.
I can see Verstappen replacing Raikonnen when he retires.

To sum up the 2015 F1 season in one word (for me anyways) -
Predictable :(

'Renault has confirmed that it is to buy Lotus F1 and says it is ‘praying’ that the team’s return season isn’t ‘ruined’ by having to use ‘that ****** Renault engine’.

‘We are delighted to be taking over at Enstone and we cannot wait to work with the immensely talented chassis designers, aerodynamicists and other staff,’ said a Renault insider. ‘We just hope that everyone’s hard work isn’t undone by that ****** Renault engine.’

‘This is great news for everyone here at the factory and I know that under Renault ownership we will go on to even better things in 2016,’ added a long-serving member of Lotus staff. ‘Assuming of course we can keep that decent power unit we’ve been using. God help Renault if they take it away and we have to fit that ****** Renault engine from Renault.’

‘Hmph. We thought that Renault engine was quite good,’ said a puzzled spokesman for McLaren.'
http://sniffpetrol.com/2015/12/04/r...-use-that-******-renault-engine/#.VmGgjcpIxAY

SPAD_JensonButtoninShitcar.jpg

:D :D :D