F1 season 2015

Now Nico has secured second place ahead of Vettel, I'm betting Hamilton will be back to winning ways at Abu Dhabi.

ya see, it's all been pre-planned to keep Rosberg onside. :sign yum:

Hamilton likes Abu Dhabi and normally goes well there. Just hope some of the others can get a bit closer... Roll on the 2016 season.

Reactions: Artimus
I was just wondering just now, Rosberg's recent motivation with back to back wins, what has changed?

The F1 pundits reckons that the latest upgrades on the Mercedes has benefitted Rosberg's smoother style of driving.

Or could it be that Lewis has backed off a little, now that he's won the Championship? Lewis has been up to a lot of things away from F1, including a lot of partying, setting up him mums birthday party etc., which ended up with him crashing his Zonda(tw@t) to a row of parked cars, as he was exhausted.

Rosberg is under no pressure, now that he knows he can't win the championship, so can drive with freedom? We've seen him crack/make mistakes whilst leading the race on a few occasions in the past, whilst the championship was still ongoing.

Lewis has wound his teammate too much, and Rosberg has had enough, so has finally decided to come out fighting, albeit, 10 races too late!? If you remember last year, Nico 'touched' Lewis on lap 2 of the Belgium GP, and he he became the hate figure, and Lewis milked this one, and dominated the season from then onwards. Nico has suddenly found his mojo after Lewis threw the 2nd place cap at Rosberg after the US GP right after the race, live on TV.

What you reckon? Any thought?

I think you could be on to something there Jojo. Lewis has definitely been winding Nico up recently, and Nico raced well in Mexico and Brazil. We know that Lewis wanted to stay out on the tyres in Mexico and Merc said "No!", and we also know that he wanted to change strategies in Brazil and again Merc said "No".

Now I am not going to suggest for one minute that IF he had changed strategies in either race he would have won, but it does potentially demonstrate that Merc wanted to make sure Nico had confirmed second place in the driver's championship. Maybe it is Merc who are winding both of them up, to try to spice things up as it also appears they are not allowed to actually race! Look at how surprised Nico was when Lewis passed him in Austin...

There is also the fact that Lewis has not been so hot since the tyre regulations changed about pressures/temperatures. Read into that what you will!

Tha cap incident after Austin was blown out of proportion, claiming Nico was acting like a pillock, when (if you do a quick search on youtube for example!) you can clearly see the way Lewis chucked the thing into his lap clearly got on his nerves. I would probably have reacted in the same way and then would have required a "bleep" to cover the word "Pr**k" as I did so!! LoL

I think you could be on to something there Jojo. Lewis has definitely been winding Nico up recently, and Nico raced well in Mexico and Brazil. We know that Lewis wanted to stay out on the tyres in Mexico and Merc said "No!", and we also know that he wanted to change strategies in Brazil and again Merc said "No".

Now I am not going to suggest for one minute that IF he had changed strategies in either race he would have won, but it does potentially demonstrate that Merc wanted to make sure Nico had confirmed second place in the driver's championship. Maybe it is Merc who are winding both of them up, to try to spice things up as it also appears they are not allowed to actually race! Look at how surprised Nico was when Lewis passed him in Austin...

According to the commentators, the whole strategy thing is to make it fair to both drivers and for Mercedes to make sure of the 1-2 podiums to keep the sponsors happy. Basically, they are allowed to 'race' on track, but not change strategies to gain an advantage. Even Damon Hill has commented that the team should let the driver's make the choice, instead of being tied down with the same strategy for both drivers.

Reactions: Ozmosis
Damon Hill... Now there's another (ahem) 'racer'. He was quick but not a racer.

Remember when Hamilton and Rosberg were on different strategies one time, Rosberg on options and Hamilton on primes in Bahrain? That was the only time they were actually allowed to race in my opinion.

I think Rosberg has an understanding and thinking that if he is in front the Hamilton is not allowed to attack, and vice-versa. Maybe this came after Rosberg's 'lunge' in Spa last year...

Is Lewis playing games ?. He has won the championship and I think has taken his foot off the pedal a bit. Is he lulling Rosberg into a false sense of security? Rosberg will be quite happy ATM thinking he has the best of Lewis . And he will take that into the break.
Lewis has been partying hard by the sounds of it and enjoying his success, If Lewis had been in front at Brazil, Rosberg wouldn't have got past him either. Lewis's tyres were always going to be worse off than Rosbergs as he was always following in dirty air.
The real Lewis will probably appear again next year.

Reactions: jojo and Artimus
Hopefully the real Ferrari, Williams and Renault (for Red Bull and Torro Rosso) will turn up next year too!

Hopefully the real Ferrari, Williams and Renault (for Red Bull and Torro Rosso) will turn up next year too!
Lol, you've got to hand it to Mercedes, for building such a superior car! Red bull, with their aero advantage, can't challenge, but Vettel has managed to convert a few wins in the Ferrari. I think the Mercs will still have the edge next season.

Lol, you've got to hand it to Mercedes, for building such a superior car! Red bull, with their aero advantage, can't challenge, but Vettel has managed to convert a few wins in the Ferrari. I think the Mercs will still have the edge next season.

Yeah there's no getting away from that fact. Plus although many people belive it was Merc that really wanted the V6 hybrids, it was actually Renault who threatened to pull out if the format stayed with V8's.

I think next season Merc will still have the edge but it would be nice to see some competition. 2017 will be the next big rule changes so we will see...

I just hope Manor come up the grid and get it some fights in the midfield. They have been languishing off the back too long.
On the Hamilton front, I believe there's a stalemate been 'semi' agreed behind the scene to secure Nico second place. The last race I can see them both on different strategies and let them race it out the way they want. The only issue is that Merc has one strategist for both drivers. Every other team has one for each driver. German efficiency or deliberate to get the results they want.
I just hope for a storming last race from Hammer and put Rosberg back in his wee moaning box.

been following the season and lewis has driven a nearlly perfect season. and to win the championship at the 3 to last race is quite an acivment. but i think that merc want nico to finish second. and not vettel. iam thinking that they are slowing lewis down to give nico a shot at the second spot. it would be nice to see lewis finish the last race of the season with a win at abu dabi

Smallad151118.jpg

:D

Reactions: Ozmosis

Reactions: xpoweruk, desertstorm, Ghost and 4 others
So one more race to go, the drivers championship is done, constructors championship is done and Nico has secured 2nd! Will they be allowed to race with freedom of strategy in the final race?

I damn well hope so. And not the strategists calling the shots. Let Lewis and Nico call the shots. Is time to put down the 'Hammer' and squash Nico!

Reactions: jojo and Ghost
Probably not as they need to beat the points total record that they set last year. They set a new highest total points score last year of 701 and that included the double points for the last race. This year they have 660 at the moment and with 25 for 1st and 18 for second they could better last years total score with 703 but only if they get a 1 , 2 . So they won't really mind who comes first and who is second. Maybe it's Hamiltons turn to win :) .

Reactions: Scottyg
So gutted to hear Susie Wolff will be leaving Williams this year.
There’s a lot of talk of “let’s see the young guns in the top cars”. (and id like to see this too) but..
How about seeing Susie in a F1 race?

So gutted to hear Susie Wolff will be leaving Williams this year.
There’s a lot of talk of “let’s see the young guns in the top cars”. (and id like to see this too) but..
How about seeing Susie in a F1 race?
She's already made her choice. She knew after Bottas had the accident earlier in the season, and she wasn't given the chance then, that she would never make it onto the grid of an F1 race. I too would have love to see her race, but it's just not meant to be.

Reactions: Ghost
Surprised she retired totally after ROC. Thought she might like to join the BTCC or even drop down to GP2. Great racing in that series. I actually prefer watching GP2 due to the close wheel to wheel racing. Lots of overtaking due to limited aero on the cars.

She's already made her choice. She knew after Bottas had the accident earlier in the season, and she wasn't given the chance then, that she would never make it onto the grid of an F1 race. I too would have love to see her race, but it's just not meant to be.

Spot on @jojo, I think we/I posted something to that effect around the time.
I think Williams would have played “she will be the next lady F1 driver” card all year, but when Bottas was out of the car, they was forced to show their hand
:sadlike:

Surprised she retired totally after ROC. Thought she might like to join the BTCC or even drop down to GP2. Great racing in that series. I actually prefer watching GP2 due to the close wheel to wheel racing. Lots of overtaking due to limited aero on the cars.
There must me loads of reasons to for her to not go down that route. To her, F1 is the pinnacle of motorsport perhaps? No point going down a level. Her husband is Toto Wolff, even though she has chosen to quit motorsport, she can still jet around with the F1 Circus as his wife, and attend all the races, albeit, not as a racing driver.

TBH if she had raced I don't think she would have been that good. Indeed she would have probably embarrased herself. She never won a race, got a fastest lap and only got on the podium 4 times in her entire professional racing career.
In 6 years racing in DTM between 2006 and 2012 she only scored 4 points in one race in 2010 where she came 7th out of 9 and 9 cars retired in that race.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2010_Deutsche_Tourenwagen_Masters_season

Mind you she did beat David Coulthard in that year for points as he only got 1 point.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Susie_Wolff
She got married to Toto Wollf a majority shareholder at Wiliams in 2001 and became there test driver in 2012.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toto_Wolff
Toto Wolff also owns 49% of the compant that runs DTM which he bought in 2007. You can see who has been bankrolling her career in motorsport,
http://www.susiewolff.com/#!gallery/zoom/ctzx/i21cva
There are hundreds of drivers with more ability than Susie and probably some of them are women.Unfortunately they don't have the contacts / money / ability.
Carmen Jorda is another one in the same vein as Susie in what she has done in her career, I think a woman attracts certain sponsors.
If her career goes well I could see Sophia Floersch being in a Torro Rosso in a few years if she still has Red Bull backing.
http://www.motorsport.com/openwheel/news/sophia-floersch-the-14-year-old-girl-worth-watching-for/
Did really well in the Ginetta Junior championship races she took part in, obviously has a great amount of natural talent.

Reactions: Ghost and jojo
Just had a thought maybe Susie is clearing her calendar so she could be a presenter on the new Top gear . #suiewolfftopgear :) .

Reactions: Ghost, jojo and Scottyg
"Hamilton resigned to strategy limitations" Moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan,

Someone give 'im a McLaren and guess what it'd be: moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan, moan - as he did when he was there...

On a HIGH point: having watched ROC - just BRILLIANT and no Hamilton so no moans and everyone excited at the one-to-one competition; and last night some of the 6-hour WEC from Bahrain - GO watch it for some AMAZING overtakes/strategy.... I get to ask myself 'x' and then hear a long moan in the background 'cos for sure it'll happen this week if everyone ain't doing EVERYTHING for this...

NALF

Reactions: Sandra and Ozmosis
If LH is as good as he thinks, why does he not enter the ROC? I seem to remember a certain Ayrton Senna wiping the floor with the other drivers of his generation in a Merc 190!

Reactions: 45bvtc
If LH is as good as he thinks, why does he not enter the ROC? I seem to remember a certain Ayrton Senna wiping the floor with the other drivers of his generation in a Merc 190!

He can't even handle a Zonda between parked cars, what chance does he have?! :laugh:

Reactions: 45bvtc and Ozmosis
He can't even handle a Zonda between parked cars, what chance does he have?! :laugh:

JOJO! I can't believe you wrote that... :nogarors4:

I'll send you an application form...

NALF

PS: how's that new car of yours - bet you're loving it with ALL them torques...

JOJO! I can't believe you wrote that... :nogarors4:

I'll send you an application form...

NALF

PS: how's that new car of yours - bet you're loving it with ALL them torques...
I'm just annoyed he crashed a Zonda! A car I doubt I'd ever get to drive or own!!

Scrap the application form, I'm still a fan! :D

The A6 is rather nice after a B5 Passat, and I let the Torque do the talking out on the road! :racer:

Reactions: 45bvtc
Scrap the application form, I'm still a fan! :D

RS3copilot will be happy about that, jojo; I can't persuade her to join either... :sadlike:
And guess what, the Merc's are top in practice one - again; well ain't that a surprise, must be all down to them fabulous drivers...:blownose:

If you can go take a look at the last WEC race either before or after this weekends F1 'event' and tell me it's F1 you're after... :search:

But my boy SEB :yahoo: was still joking and blaming no-one but himself while others were blaming the car for example: "I've generally been struggling with the car all weekend. I've changed a lot to try and get around the issues - but I'm still not really feeling comfortable with it" :sadlike:

Bejasus, if it were not for THE! car where would one be...

Enjoy the race - my money, 50p only, is on my man SEB to be on the podeum... but hey, no worries, oh to be driving an F1 car... :racer:

Reactions: Ghost
But my boy SEB :yahoo: was still joking and blaming no-one but himself while others were blaming the car for example: "I've generally been struggling with the car all weekend. I've changed a lot to try and get around the issues - but I'm still not really feeling comfortable with it" :sadlike:

Bejasus, if it were not for THE! car where would one be...

Enjoy the race - my money, 50p only, is on my man SEB to be on the podeum... but hey, no worries, oh to be driving an F1 car... :racer:

I think after the poor season he had last year in the Redbull, where he was beaten by Riccairdo, and finding himself only second to the dominating Mercs, he can afford to joke about. Let's see him joke about next year if he's a serious contender for the title. :p

Maldanado off on the first lap thats never happened before

Reactions: jojo
Wow looks like it wasn't Maldanados fault

Reactions: Ozmosis, slepy, Scottyg and 1 other person
Go for the Super Soft LH
Let's see a race !!!

Another good season for Mercedes and Lewis. Another season with one team dominating all year.
I personally got fed up watching same story every year. Red bull 4 years, merc 2 years. Couple of good races this season, but more that I watched on fast forward.

I for one decided to cancel my skysports subscription because I don't believe it is worth paying for it only to watch couple of good races a year.
I also will get eurosport subcription to focus more on WEC and WTCC.

Unless there is one hell of a change in regs in f1, I don't see the point in wasting my time watching boring races, dominated by one car. And then we get team orders etc. Boring, boring , boring.

OH LORD won't you buy me a Mercedes Benz.....

NAH! I'll stay Audi thank you Lord, whatever, however....

What a boring event; till next year :bye: