F1 season 2015

It is a bit the same with BTCC. You see more on TV. I just find it more entertaining. You have different classes throughout the day. Clio, formula ford, ginetta , porsche cup and touring cars. You can walk all over the track, general stands are free as well. Plus more accidents ;)

Silverstone is brilliant BTCC time. Brands hatch is very good as well. Rockingham is cool because you can see a lot of the track from the stand, but weather is always rubbish.

Reactions: jojo
So only a week left before the season starts! Really looking forward to this season! Will Mercedes dominating again kill off F1? I mean the Vettel/Redbull era was killing the sport at one stage, will we see a repeat of this?

BTCC sounds awesome watching live compared to tv, will be going Silverstone and Thruxton rounds with my two boys, also got Tickets for F1 so would be nice to hear what these sound like in the flesh.

So only a week left before the season starts! Really looking forward to this season! Will Mercedes dominating again kill off F1? I mean the Vettel/Redbull era was killing the sport at one stage, will we see a repeat of this?

I think the only saving grace of the Mercedes domination is hopefully one driver will not walk away with it, and we witness a good fight between the 2 Mercedes drivers like last year.
On saying that I do think Lewis is the better driver. :)

I think we will see some good close racing between Ferrari Williams and Red Bull.
Lotus has a good car, so no doubt we will see them up front at times, but I don’t think McLaren will be anywhere near as quick as some would like to see them.

I will be surprised if mclaren even finishes first few races, looking at their testing sessions.

Love the website http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com/
One of the reasons I never went for Lotus and also they are a bit short of funds, they could probably do without him crashing as often as he tends too.
I cannot believe Manor F1 (Marussia) are going to be on the grid next week. Last years tweaked car with last years Ferrari engine and drivers with little F1 experience they will be lucky to make 110% of the Mercedes lap time never mind 107% .

I don't see any point in them being there at all. It is obvious they will be last all the time.

I think he has every right to take them to court if he had a valid legal contract with the team and he was expecting to be employed by them this year. It seems the courts have agreed with him, I can't see him driving for the team, I expect they will agree some out of court compensation deal.
Monisha Kaltenborn is a corporate lawyer so you would think she might understand a legal contract.
The two drivers they have now will also have valid contracts for this year, so have as much right to be in the car, I suspect they are probably bringing more sponsorship money than Van De Garde.
Karl.

Reactions: jojo and Ghost
Anyone else watching FP1 live?

Van der Garde only has an out of date super licence, which means he can't drive an F1 car anyways... Do you think Sauber knew about this?

I am sitting here at work watching sky F1 streaming on the net. Sauber not even turned a wheel nor has Manor. Torro Rosso setting some quick times compared to everyone else, not sure how much fuel they have. No suprise Mercedes are 1-2 .
McLaren look like they have broken both the cars.

Karl.

They have made them fit titanium skid plates underneath to create those sparks.It's Bernie messing to try and improve the spectacle the problem is the titanium wears a lot quicker than what they used to use so they can't run the cars quite as low otherwise they will end up wearing the skid plates away. Should be really good at some tracks such as Belgium and Monaco I think there will be plenty of sparks flying.

Karl.

Reactions: kanecullen89
Mclaren isn't looking good at all. Ferrari looks quick though. Alonso made a mistake leaving?

Rosberg will probably need a few shots after this quali :)

Interesting quali session, everybody new the Mercedes was quick but probably not that quick.
Nice to see the Torro Rosso's have some speed. Looking a bit dodgy for Bottas for tomorrow with the way he was walking after doing something to his back.

Just read that Bottas may not take part in tomorrows race, dissappointed, but his health comes first!

Lewis has just started the season from where he left last season. :racer:

Looks Like Renault have gone backwards with their engine developement, and Ferrari have caught upto them. But the Mercedes are still mighty! I'm actually gunning for Maldonado this year, due to Lotus being if my FF1 team! lol

We need to remember this season, that each driver has 4 engines for 20 races, and Riccairdo has one engine failure already, so he only has 3 engines left! If he uses a 5th Engine, he gets a 10 place grid penalty! Another thing is, Mercedes used only one engine during their pre season testing, so their reliability issues could also be superior also.

It's back. :jump:

Alonso is at home with his feet up, enjoying a Carling methinks. :D

They're saying Alonso won't be in any hurry to get back after McLaren's quail showing. haha.

Johnny's video review showed Rosberg pulled the wrong gear (3) through turn 1 compared to Hamilton (4), and never made the time back up after that, but he wasn't any slower round the rest of the lap, so he'll be pushing Hamilton tomorrow.

Great Quali.

Reactions: Ghost
Johnny's video review showed Rosberg pulled the wrong gear (3) through turn 1 compared to Hamilton (4), and never made the time back up after that, but he wasn't any slower round the rest of the lap, so he'll be pushing Hamilton tomorrow.

I don't think it's a mistake, Lewis has been using a higher gear than Nico on some corners throughout the season last year. That's why his fuel consumption is almost always better than Nico's in the race. Also, these cars are now turbocharged, so more torquey, and Lewis is just using that to his advantage, but Nico would obviously get a better lap when he gets it correct! If you rewatch the video, when Nico goes up into 4th from third in that turn, the back end steps out, which costs him time! :racer:

Reactions: Ghost and Artimus
Don't want to spoil it for the non early birds, but let's just say quali was interesting...

I think it's be best to say from the start… if you see it.. post it!!
If we worry about spoilers, nothing will get posted…
Hope you agree ?

Reactions: jojo and Artimus
I think it's be best to say from the start… if you see it.. post it!!
If we worry about spoilers, nothing will get posted…
Hope you agree ?
I got up and turned on the BBC News channel this morning, the first thing I heard was; Lewis Hamilton is on pole! So I watched the recording already knowing the result and still enjoyed it.

I just avoid this thread before I watch the race :)

Reactions: Ghost
That's our points gone!

Maldanado crashed, well theres a surprise and Grosjean out as well, No Bottas not good for JOJO

Manor will be rueing not running today they would be pretty much guaranteed points if they could have just finished.

http://hasmaldonadocrashedtoday.com :D

886355e2eb1bd1bbfb872fa2b4f0a504_zpsd61d063d.jpg

Reactions: Artimus, slepy and desertstorm
Is it me, or have they just decided to animate the 'F1' trademark logo? And with the amount of money involved in the sport, they only managed 2 frames of animation! It's actually p!ssing me off!! Haha

Seriously, usually the most exciting part of the race is the first two laps, ruined by the virtual safety car, and now I'm bored!

Going back to what Karl was saying about getting points for just turning up. Jenson might actually get a point if he finishes, and a couple more drop out! There's only 13 cars left!

lol @ the Lotus pit crew discharging his fire extinguisher after slipping on the wheel

I don't know. IMO the race sucked. Not enough action other than counting non finishers. Not enough cars racing in first place.