F1 Season 2012

Oh yeah! Brilliant :D
Same penalty as Hamilton's few races back.

TBH i dont think there was anything wroung with Seb's car, he just didnt want to start next to Maldonardo :lmfao:

Spooky - now he will have to pass Grosjean, Kobaiashi and... Massa ;)

lol so redbull said the reason they stoped is due to "force majeure" meaning superior force

or further more

"
force majeure is a common clause in contracts that essentially frees both parties from liability or obligation when an extraordinary event or circumstance beyond the control of the parties, such as a war, strike, riot, crime, or an event described by the legal term act of God(such as hurricane, flooding, earthquake, volcanic eruption, etc.), prevents one or both parties from fulfilling their obligations under the contract. In practice, most force majeure clauses do not excuse a party's non-performance entirely, but only suspends it for the duration of the force majeure"

fia accepted this strange clause, but then a technical delegate said they failed to supply the 1 litre sample.!! so what "act of god" if you will, stopped them, and then stopped them from supplying a sample?!

because

as it says here,

"If the event could be foreseen, the defendant is obligated to have prepared for it.[SUP][5][/SUP] Being unprepared for a foreseeable event leaves the defendant culpable. This standard is very strictly applied"

so as running out of fuel is foreseeable how and why did fia accept this pathetic claim

ah nevermind, shame lh has no chance of winning the title but i hope he goes out with a bang

and good luck to alonso he has every chance

Last edited:
He will make 10 places in the first lap methinks, the Redbull is still a quick car, and with a standing start, the cars at the back of the grid are just sitting ducks!

I dont understand why the RedBull team are starting Vettel from the pit?
I can only guess/think that if they start from the pit lane, they can change to a different set of tires from qualifying?
I cannot see him making 10 places up in the first lap from the Pit...
My money he's going for a one stop'er!

Any thoughts?

I dont understand why the RedBull team are starting Vettel from the pit?
I can only guess/think that if they start from the pit lane, they can change to a different set of tires from qualifying?
I cannot see him making 10 places up in the first lap from the Pit...
My money he's going for a one stop'er!

Any thoughts?

Just noticed he's starting from the pits, I think that gives him tyre options like you say. Can't see him reeling in the top 5 though, but it's been done before. I don't associate Vettel as a driver to make some dive down the inside moves to make a place type driver, so it'd be interesting to see how he does?

simply put
Red Bull's decision to start from the pitlane means it will be able to make some changes to Vettel's car's set-up ahead of the race.

so views on this
line they spun fia?

Good win for Kimi, got to love his replies on the radio throughout the race! :laugh:

As for Vettel coming third, it just goes to show how these cars are comprimised for the quali part of it. Redbull was allowed to make changes to wing setting and gearing starting from the pits! Good driving from him though, he still needed to make the passes, and anyone else catch what he said when Coulthard was interviewing him on the podium? lol :laugh:

Dare I say what happened to Hamilton today is why he's chosen to leave McLaren? They've been costing him race wins & podiums all season.

If you look back over this season and toted up the points lost to team and\or car failures - I think he would have been leading the championship. McMerc has to be one of the most unreliable outfits in the paddock ..IMHO

Hamilton will be glad to see the back of this unreliable car,Vettel did well but also the safety car timing was impeccable for him.

thats true but shumi has dropped out a few times this season

if hami finished in the positions he qualified he would have 273 points, retirements have cost him 100 points, and then more due to bad pit stops and miscalculated strategies, and car setup.

also i read merc have the best engine for 2014, brawn will be the man with the knowledge, he was one of the guys designing/testing the last turbo engines

United States… I like the look at this track, the first turn looks crazy!!

Really looking forward to the US F1, but I cancelled my Sky Sports so I either wait for the highlights on BBC1, or find an online stream. Anyone know of a decent online streaming website?

Looks like Vettel will be the champion again after this race.

I use vipbox. Doesn't freeze like first row. Quality is rubbish on both sites though...

hd package is 10 quid, but end of season now so pointless, find hd package cheaper and more usable the sports, plus get f1 in hd package, dont think alonsos hopes are looking good unless vettels car springs a leak again

I have Sky HD, but not the sports package, does that mean I should still get the F1 channel?

OK answered my own question, I get it free on Sky because I have HD :jump:

Yes Stateofplay.. Sky HD Channel 408
Anyone know what time the race starts?
I will watch it on SKY if its not on live onBBC, but I cannot stand listening to the
Sky Sports F1 team.

I know, what a numpty. I have been watching the highlights on BBC, while all that time I have it live on SKY.

I need a Budweiser.

Or 2.

Start time is 7:00 pm uk time.

Good race. All down to the last race of the season, just perfect.

I would love to see a Ferrari win it.

Good race good result for F1 fans. :racer:
Lewis was on fire :yahoo:good driving by so many drivers today, and maybe the best iv seen Button drive. :icon_thumright:
Im with you, Id like it see Alonso win it. :icon_thumright:

How much are McLaren going to miss Hamilton? And how much is Hamilton going to miss McLaren?

Lewis_Hamilton_2402592b.jpg

No engine issues No tire issues just a straight fight??? Who’s on top!! :racer:

A8BImTbCcAAqk6P.jpg:large

Love how Alonso was chatting up Hamilton on the podium ...just in case he needs a favour in Brazil maybe?

Looks like its going to be a dry Friday at Interlagos, dry Saturday but rain moving in late afternoon and showers Sunday heavy at times.

I dont mind a little of the wet stuff, but hope it don’t stop the race. :blink: