F1 Season 2012

imo Lewis is the best driver out there, Lewis just needs to workout he dont need to win every race.
Maybe hes listening to me? :laugh:

"Lewis Hamilton says he has learned the "value of consistency" in Formula 1, and he is not too worried about not having won yet this year despite two pole positions."
The Briton says, "that the 2011 season taught him the value of scoring points consistently rather than go all out for victories all the time."

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/98605

i thought i'd read the Texas one was off, something about lack of private funding.....

No idea. It's still on the calendar so if it has all fallen through they would have taken it off surely. Guess we'll all find out later on in the year!

A week to go till next race. Should see an update or 2 from a couple of teams. Most of the races in China have been wet haven't they?

Anyone remember my VIP invite to the Shanghai GP? Looks like i'm going to have to give it a miss, would have cost me £2k in aeroplane tickets alone, and a change is staff timetables means I couldn't get the week off! :(

Bit gutted, since I could have done with a break!, but there's always next year...

That's a bit of a sh*tter Jo...

Next year like you say. I know a guy that's marshalled there, and Dubai. Said its epic. Come away with a Massa's wing mirror too after he came together with someone!

scaled.php
:haha:

I dont think it was quite the recognition he was looking for!! :)

Lewis given a five-place grid penalty after changed his gearbox!! :banghead:

Why do they have silly rules... its ridiculous!! :banghead: :banghead:
I know you can say its the same for them all, but theres no point to it.. only to stroke the ego of the FIA

Any thoughts

i guess it supposed to promote endurance and thus aid the development of road cars as well

I thought the engine and gearbox regs were introduced as part of the cost saving initiatives along with the standard ECU and banning of exotic materials for engine and gearbox components.

Hope the China race is as unpredictable as last year when the tyre performance/degradation meant you couldn't pick a winner.

Away visiting family this weekend so will have to Sky+ it and watch it when I get home. Will be avoiding Twitter, radio and TV news until late Sunday

Lewis given a five-place grid penalty after changed his gearbox!! :banghead:

Why do they have silly rules... its ridiculous!! :banghead: :banghead:
I know you can say its the same for them all, but theres no point to it.. only to stroke the ego of the FIA

Any thoughts

Its to reduce costs, same princple as the amount of engines their limited to during the season otherwise teams with access to plenty of cash would be ble to run new gearboxes each race or have one for quali and one for the race:

Each driver may use no more than one gearbox for five consecutive events. Every unscheduled gearbox change will require the driver to drop five places on the grid at that meeting. Every subsequent unscheduled gearbox change will require the driver to drop five places on the grid

Hi Alex, thanks for your reply
I can see your point but apart from endurance id debate you get more development if you let them change the gearbox/ parts when they needed too.

Its to reduce costs, same princple as the amount of engines their limited to during the season otherwise teams with access to plenty of cash would be ble to run new gearboxes each race or have one for quali and one for the race:

Each driver may use no more than one gearbox for five consecutive events. Every unscheduled gearbox change will require the driver to drop five places on the grid at that meeting. Every subsequent unscheduled gearbox change will require the driver to drop five places on the grid

The cost for any team is in development, once you come to the start of the season with a gearbox your happy with, there isnt much cost to replace it.
One of the main resons for the high costs in F1 is the FIA changing the rules to the cars at the start of the season.

My Rant above is more to silly rules, i understand there needs to be a cap on the number of gearboxes a team can change, but why is Lewis having a penalty if this is his first gearbox change only two races in??

Rules are rules, Kimi had to lose 5 places in the last race for the same reasons. I don't agree with them neither, but hey, they should just get on with it!

Just a reminder that F1 is live on the BBC this weekend and the red button :icon_thumright:
thats where im watching it!! :racer:

Its certainly going to be an interesting race. :)

I think McLaren pit crew need to sort themselves out, the back Jackman lost Lewis a few seconds and maybe a place.
Now the team are listening.... ;)
"Lap 14 saw Lewis Hamilton and Kimi Raikkonen dive into the pits for a fresh sets of boots. Lewis was behind Kimi when he came in, but once he was released Kimi was released in his path and they both had a drag race to the end of the pitlane, with Lewis just edging Kimi out of the way to get ahead of him!!

article-2129591-129A7470000005DC-439_634x286.jpg

Mclaren pit crew was awesome today imo, heard they sorted out something with the back jack as well. :icon_thumright:

Bad luck for button, dont know 100%... was it the gun or Wheel nut at fault or the gunner, but this happens.

Happy for Rosberg and the Mercedes team, Ross Brawn is one if not the best strategics in F1, im not a fan of Schumacer tbh but yep bad luck today.

lots of wheel to wheel racing today.
Webber brings in new sponsor deal with RyanAir! ;)

tumblr_m2irksDpvO1qakavy.png

IMO rosberg had the legs on button anyway, even before buttons nightmare stop rosberg had just about enough time for an extra stop

Great race, 1st half was a bit dull, but 2nd half was excellent, I think they got the DRS zone just right as it didnt make it to easy. I bet Webber loved over taking Seb. Its shaping up to be a great season with so many cars and drivers in the mix, seeing some great racing, roll on next week although im not pleased there going to bahrain, A) its a crap track (although the DRS and tyres may change this) B) I dont think its right to be there with the issues the country is facing.

What a race I really enjoyed that, the fight for secod and third was really exciting. Well done to Rosberg and Mercedes but felt sorry for shumi. Would have been nice to see him challenge for a podium finish.

awesome race, first time ive been on the edge of my seat since start of the season, nice to see rosberg get his win well done to him and the team.

bahrain im looking forward to now, i hate 2-3 weeks inbetween F1 lol

Lewis Hamilton quickest in first practice! :)

Good news for me naturally, but I'm still unsure about the Bahrain GP. I'm as keen to watch this as the next man(even though it's from the comfort of my armchair), but it doesn't look safe there! It wouldn't bother me one bit if it's cancelled if I'm being honest....

Does look like it's gradually looking worse out there. Will Sunday go ahead?

Great race. Well done to lotus and kimi, I for one am glad to see he is back to form. Don't know what the deal is with Mclaren and those pit stops. Whether its mechanic error or the wheel nuts they need to sort it.

:motz::motz::banghead:

mmmmmmm is it just me or can you see Lewis wearing wings next year?

What are McLaren playing at?

i agree 100/% what Schumacher said today about the tyres, "the drop off"

http://www.autosport.com/news/report.php/id/99103

For me F1 is.. or should be all about getting the best out of the car and driver.

Good race, shame Kimi didnt get past Seb but good to see him and Lotus up front, disapointed for Button and Lewis but its a long season and its been a great one so far roll on Spain. As for Schumacher in a sense I agree but I love the action its creating, the alternative would be tyres that last the whole race.

That was probably one of the best out-and-out F1 races I have seen for a while!

And Rosberg has been cleared by the stewards....

If Hamilton had done something similar he would have been penalised. Fact it happened to Alonso afterwards I thought made it a clear cut case but then what do I know.

The tyre situation sucks, but then they're Pirelli's. If a driver tries too hard their tyres give up, what a joy. A kick in the nuts for frenetic balls out racing! No more than 3-4 proper charging laps per set of tyres, less if you follow in the wake of someone else. Tyre management in F1.... Wonderful.

I say bring back refueling.

Why? So we can have overtakes through pits stops rather than on track, no thanks. At the end of the day the tyres and DRS are giving us differences in performance throught out the race which means were seeing wheel to wheel racing on track and overtakes and not just in the DRS zone either. And remember Pirelli have been asked to design the tyre in that way, it just means the tactics have moved out of the pit lane and on to the race track. Frenetic balls out racing went out the window as soon as they put a restriction on engines, no longer do we have racers pushing their cars to the limit because they now have to play the long game.

At the end of the day F1's not perfect but can you really complain about the action we've seen in the last 4 race's? And unlike last season theres no run away leader its all very close.

The weather for Spain. Early forcast dry and clear skies for Friday and Staurday but rain coming in Saturday night/ Sunday morning but Dry for race.

Lets hope Mclaren have been practicing how to change a wheel :whistle2: