F1 Season 2011

Like I said I'm not arguing with you about it - but as the link states he's constantly being picked on and will say no more.

You cant "pick on" someone infront of the world to see if they have done nothing wrong. You can only investigate issues when they are there for the world to see. Not to mention if he was wrongly done by then Mclaren would appeal in the FIA courts as they have done in the past for other issues. They dont do it with Lewis because the FIA was right to punish him fair and square.

Personly i think he is just too hot headed and cannot use his brain to play the long game. He has to put his car in a gap that is not there (Monza 2010) or try to force someone off (monaco 2011). Im not having a go, just saying he needs to sort his head out and grow up.

Monza 2011

Monaco 2011

Martin talking after monaco 2011

Last edited by a moderator:
thats more like it reptor, your starting to think properly about lewis. yes he does need to start thinking about things when he is racing but lets face it. lewis is the most exciting driver in F1 at the moment.

if you put all the drivers in the same car i will bet that lewis will get it round a lap quicker than anyone else out there, he takes risks and thats why i love the guy and love watching him race. people seem to forget about 2007 and 2008 when he was new into F1 and racing the 2 times world champ of alonso and killing him. since then the nando fans have never liked him and i can see why, put it this way, F1 would be quite boring if it wasnt for the likes of hamilton, schuey, senna etc these drivers who are out there to win and take the risks that make or break them.

that said lets leave this topic now as we cant change it.

vettel has basically won the championship again and well done to him. im looking forward to next year already apart from the sky bull **** but never mind. as long as lewis button and nando push vettel for everything they have then ill be happy.

Only saw the highlights, was a good race, well done to button he was having a great race, would of been good to see someone challange the finger he's got the championship tied up now, he could finish 4th for the remaining races and still win it. Im in 2 minds with DRS it gives us over takes we never use to get due to the dirty air effect on the cars, but then it does in away make it look to easy. I think they should scrap the rpm restrictions, maintain the number of engines per year but allow the drivers to take the chance by upping the revs to make a pass,

They need to stick the DRS areas in different places but this is the first season with it so hopefully lessons will be learnt for next season.

They are having 2 DRS Zones in monza now..
The FIA is to use two independent DRS zones for the first time at the forthcoming Italian Grand Prix
Two separate DRS zones to be used at Monza - F1 news - AUTOSPORT.com

In other news...>>
21eyl4g.gif

Reptor - you must be absolutley buzzing off that incident and I think your sttitudes stinks. Bet you wouldn't be laughing if he ended up paralyzed or seriously injured would you? Then again I won;t argue with because it's YOUR thread. Although I see you have mentioned nothing about Alonso grade A ignorance on race day just because he started 8th and thought it was absolutley fantastic seeing Button pass him with only a few laps left.

It's my thread actually ;)

Only because the mods removed my first post when i started it booooooy and dont you forget it. :box: now get back to answering them phones......

Revenge.png

Meer technicality, my name on the door sunshine :)

Phones? :) I am the highest paid phone operator you'll ever meet ;)

Haha yeah coss there all on minimum wage... "hi, how can i help" click..."Hi, how can i help"...Awsome Skills :moa: Bet you wear them crappy headphones too...WOW im jelous. "Daddy, when i grow up i want to work in a .........Call centre"..hehe

contact_centre_1.jpg

Busted :)

You were my inspiration, I just knew I needed to better myself when I saw you on that tall stool at my local swimming baths

Just photoshopped this to pass some time till the next race.

19webbredbbarc201012.jpg

Well ive had a pretty good Saturday, had Mark Webber driving his F1 car around the streets of Cardiff Bay and Daniel Ricardo in the Redbull Nascar.

AMAZING

WHAT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! i didnt hear anything about that down in cardiff!!!!!!!!!!!!! im gutted man

An so it begins.....Monza Practice sessions :)

My prediction for the race is a red bull 1 - 2 and Shamilton crashing out on lap 3.

screwislameilton.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
My prediction is Red bull 1st, Hamilton 2nd...Alonso will probably not be first unless the Red bulls let him by and he has a car advantage - otherwise he'll be his normal boring self and prescribe to what is the norm of most drivers, overtaking where he is supposed to and generally leading a boring race :)

Be interesting to see how many people stop watching F1 if Hamilton wasn't there - Ok recently its got more interesting due to the rules, but how much more boring would it be without his 'wanting to win at any cost' attitude..... reminds me of Senna :)

^^^i'll second that :)

I watched most of last weeks race after he crashed, just wasn't the same for me regardless of the 'DRS action'

Hopefully be a good exciting race tomorrow.

Was a good race. Certainly plenty going on.

good race, hoiw fast was that merc huh!!!! i think vettel was spot on to gor for the shorter gear ratio, so proud of lewis for not taking any silly chances this time as if he had and went off everyone would be for his head. schumey wasnt playing fair for a few laps as we all know which is why ross interviened. overall lewis had a very good race considering the boring german one finger git is destroying everything in his sights. button drove perfect as always and seems to always have the jump on nando. good race, good action with lewis and schumey. i was wishing the race was atleast five laps longer or even just 2 laps as lewis would have got nando who was considerably slower.

only thing that annoyed me was some people saying that vettel should be in the same light as the likes of senna and schumey, lauder. PLAESE!!!!!!!!!!!!! this guy has THE best car on the grid. please put him in a maclaren next to lewis and lets see how he does against him. we all see what can be done when you have the best car. look at nando, amazing driver and has proved his worth but being in the ferrari which isnt the best right now he is looking average. i remeber when lewis first drove everyone was like this guy is going to be the biggest thing sincle sliced bread. yes because he is a class act but his car was also class at the time. ill leave my judjement on vettel for a few more years yet as one year he might have a bad car(not looking likely with newey) and he could be left behind, yes he is very good but i wish people wouldnt say he is par with the likes of the legends i have said.

rant over

Good race, great start by nando, seeng all 3 side by side down to the first corner was brilliant, faultless drive by the finger again, thats the championship sorted, the race is on for 2nd though and im backing Button who still needs to work on his start but had a great race overall. Glad to see Lewis keep a cool head and finish, and to see schuey up there racing too, glad the DRS didnt have a big effect this time out so most overtakes wernt aided. I dont think we'll ever have legends like senna, prost, mansel again as the sport has moved on so much since then, safety, costs, carbon reduction has changed so much about the sport that you cant really compare it with the past as much.

I was deflated by the whole race, some good bits but the bad bits and some peoples obvious misguided thoughts......ruined it for me

Wasn't a bad race, seen worse.

They **** me off with Vettel though, he makes one overtake on Alonso and suddenly he is up there with the all time greats, If the Ferrari that Alonso was in was as fast as the Red Bull would Vettel have got past him then??? Very much doubt it.

I think they need to get ditch Webber and get Vettel a real partner for team RedBull and then see how he compares then.

i agree, was reading some of the BBC comments earlier.... some of them are laughable, Button is 100 times better than Hamilton a few said..... what are they doing, playing it on the Xbox :)

Vettel is a future champ, no he has a car that sticks...he knows it sticks therefore knows he wont fall off the track

i agree, was reading some of the BBC comments earlier.... some of them are laughable, Button is 100 times better than Hamilton a few said..... what are they doing, playing it on the Xbox :)

Vettel is a future champ, no he has a car that sticks...he knows it sticks therefore knows he wont fall off the track

Sour grapes anyone?

155733289_44299089e6.jpg

not sour grapes at all....think your judging me by your own standards kid :) (clearly you don't know the definition of the term) perhaps this could be put down to your obvious (not an insult as it has been proven before you hit complain) lack of education.

Alonso did well, another lap and he'd have been fourth - I actually really (genuinely) felt sorry for him, his countrymen deserve a win on their own soil. Wonder how many Italians would be a cheering a Brit at his own countries track :) don't you wonder that sometimes Rep?

Last edited:
Ive wasted £50 at the beginning of the season with my bet for Alonso to win the championship..
i do like Vettel and Redbull so dont mind him/them winning again this year.
Hamilton for next?

Wasn't a bad race, seen worse.

They **** me off with Vettel though, he makes one overtake on Alonso and suddenly he is up there with the all time greats, If the Ferrari that Alonso was in was as fast as the Red Bull would Vettel have got past him then??? Very much doubt it.

I think they need to get ditch Webber and get Vettel a real partner for team RedBull and then see how he compares then.

exactly mate, one pass on a slower car and then free clear air in front of him all race basically and he is now the greatest since senna. **** OFF. im glad that martin brundle is there as he has a fair realistic point on all drivers and doesnt care if he says they are stupid or average or great. then you get horner saying vettel is up there and can race wheel to wheel??????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????? hmmmmmmmm not really racing wheel to wheel now was it, lewis and schuey were racing wheel to wheel now that was racing.

bettel has a car which is destroying everything in its wake and nothing can stop it. i think red bull will be dominant for 2-3 more years yet as they are reaping in all the cash from winning everything and can put it all back into the car not that the other big boys are skint but they need to work on a budget. all i do know is that adrian newey will be on a pay rise soon if he keeps up with his cars the genius that he is, i wish he was at maclaren lol

not sour grapes at all....think your judging me by your own standards kid :)

Alonso did well, another lap and he'd have been fourth - I actually really (genuinely) felt sorry for him

Really? Thats funny as i seem to recall you calling his a "Spanish ****". Funny how people switch sides dont you think?

Yeah definatly sour grapes m8. :kiss: