F1 Season 2009

yup suprising really especially as they werent the worst team by far.....hope they use the money saved to make their production car interiors better!!!

OMFG!!

Schumacher in for Massa!

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/motorsport/formula_one/8172310.stm

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090729190859.shtml

I listened to schuey chatting at the last GP and i actualy thought he was a great guy now he is now racing now more.

"Now, the German racing legend has decided to come out of retirement and make a sensational return despite admitting: "It is true that the Formula 1 chapter has long been closed for me."

If he does good the rest of the season he will DEFO come back next year.

i seemed to remember he quit because Alonso beat him twice on the trott.

Schumacher is coming back!!!! Awesome!

Cant wait to see him in action. Him & Hamilton are my fave drivers, going to be brilliant to see them battling it out!

Michaell Schumacher driving again for Ferrari.

That should add some extra spice to the next few races.

As a massive Michael Schumacher fan this is great news. Now he will show RAIKKONEN how to drive
laugh.gif
laugh.gif
. This is going to be intresting as to see how he goes against RAIKKONEN (as a team mate) & HAMILTON. I can't wait for Valenica now
smile.gif
smile.gif
(pitty its 4 weeeks away
sad.gif
sad.gif
)

you realy dont like hamilton do you. schumacher will still have the touch but he will prob take a few races to get up to speed. do the rules mean he cant do any testing in the car till the practice on the friday? if he went out and won the first race all the others would have to hang their heads in shame.

He is a legend .. cant wait to see him drive that red horse ..

he must be confident he will do well,i mean he wouldnt come back if he thought he would be near the back of the grid. he will know from his lap times in the car as he will have driven it loads in development. both him and hamilton are pretty agressive so it would be interesting if both cars are getting up to speed as they seem to be.

schumacher will still have the touch

all the others would have to hang their heads in shame.

LOL you forgot Alonso beat him twice on the trott, then schuey quit when he knew he couldnt win the title agian. go read his biog. :rock:

"Michael Schumacher's retirement from F1 - Alonso pace a factor former champ concedes

Michael Schumacher has admitted for the first time that the ascendancy of reigning world champion Fernando Alonso contributed to his decision to retire"
http://michaelschumacherf1.blogspot.com/2007/09/michael-schumachers-retirement-from-f1.html

Sore loser springs to mind.

Last edited:
This is the most exciting thing to happen to Formula 1 in a long time. Still cant believe I'm going to get to see Hamilton vs Schumacher :cool: :yahoo:

I would love it to be those battling it out for the race lead at Valencia!

yup this is very exciting..... Hamilton and shueys are the ones to watch in my mind....nobody else out there seems to have that aggressive streak like these two champs ;)

Let me be the first to post about massa`s recovery.

He is on the mend now and talkin fine. i reckon he will be back on track in a few races time. Woot Woot.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090803155122.shtml

"He said the blank is "sort of a strange feeling," but his number one aim is very clear in his mind: "I'm feeling much better now and I want to recover as soon as possible to get back behind the wheel of a Ferrari.""

big shame for some reason knew he wouldnt, id have never come back anyway if i was him, had so much pride at stake, didnt think he would cut it second time around with the newer rules and car!

Newer rules and car - he's done the business no matter what machinery he had and he has proved himself through so many rule changes from 94 onwards, when Hamilton and Rosberg were still in short trousers - it's a fitness issue not a capability one!

Newer rules and car - he's done the business no matter what machinery he had!

Cough* why did he retire again? read my post 5 posts down.

so basically he quit F1 because Alonso beat him twice on the trot(read his bio) An now is not returning to F1 because his neck hurts due to crashing a bike?
I for one am glad he is not returning. Finally we can get on with this years championship without any more media *****.

"Unhappy Montezemolo selects Badoer for Valencia"??? Well he is the reserve driver so he should be first choice when the main drivers are injured or whats the point in being a reserve driver??

Lets get back to supporting this years drivers and watch the remaining races without the distraction of poomacher.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090811112214.shtml

ohhh shocker. Monza Will be When Alonso Gets the Nod to Take kimis seat.

Last edited:
Alonso and Massa have got to be the future for Ferrari.
Kimi's body language is wrong. He doesn't seem to have the same desire of a couple of seasons ago. Schumi was a real pity. Would have paid hard cash to see him race again. A true legend regardless of the attitude.

I'm most interested to see what Button can salvage during the next few races. It's got to be his best chance even of becoming champ and yet BrawnGP are struggling.

It's gonna be an interesting final third as the unlikely's continue to take GP wins.

Alonso and Massa have got to be the future for Ferrari.
Kimi's body language is wrong. He doesn't seem to have the same desire of a couple of seasons ago. Schumi was a real pity. Would have paid hard cash to see him race again. A true legend regardless of the attitude.

I'm most interested to see what Button can salvage during the next few races. It's got to be his best chance even of becoming champ and yet BrawnGP are struggling.

It's gonna be an interesting final third as the unlikely's continue to take GP wins.

Yes - it's been a cracking season again, third one really in a row, looking forward to this weekend, even without Schumi.

Title race is too close to call - Button has still kept his points ticking over since the great start....

OMG! What's going on?, Lewis Hamilton is on Pole!?! :yahoo: Where's Alonso???!? :search:

Of course it's all about the cars and not the drivers isn't it? :moa:

Number Car Driver Weight [kg]​
01 McLaren Mercedes Lewis Hamilton 653.0
22 Brawn Mercedes Jenson Button 661.5​
23 Brawn Mercedes Rubens Barrichello 662.5

First Pit stop
Lewis Hamilton +0.249 (lap 15)
Rubens Barrichello lap 19
Jenson Button +0.291 (lap 18)

Not really that amazing :tocktock:

Barrichello is carrying 9.5kg more fuel than Hamilton, which means he will probably stop four laps later than him in the race. And that is likely to set up a fascinating Grand Prix.

The weights of the cars at the start of the 2009 European Grand Prix will be:
*declared weight​
01 McLaren Mercedes Lewis Hamilton 653.0
02 McLaren Mercedes Heikki Kovalainen 655.0
03 Ferrari Luca Badoer 690.5*
04 Ferrari​
Kimi Räikkönen 661.5
05 BMW Sauber Robert Kubica 657.5
06 BMW Sauber Nick Heidfeld 677.0*
07 Renault Fernando Alonso 656.5
08 Renault Romain Grosjean 677.7*
09 Toyota Jarno Trulli 707.3*
10 Toyota Timo Glock 694.7*
11 STR Ferrari Jaime Alguersuari 678.5*
12 STR Ferrari
Sébastien Buemi 688.5*
14 RBR Renault Mark Webber 664.5
15 RBR Renault Sebastian Vettel 654.0
16 Williams Toyota Nico Rosberg 665.0
17 Williams Toyota Kazuki Nakajima 702.0*
20 Force India Mercedes Adrian Sutil 672.5*
21 Force India Mercedes Giancarlo Fisichella 692.5*
22 Brawn Mercedes Jenson Button 661.5

23 Brawn Mercedes Rubens Barrichello 662.5

1 Rubens Barrichello lap 19
2 Heikki Kovalainen +0.216secs (lap 16)
3 Lewis Hamilton +0.249 (lap 15)
4 Jenson Button +0.291 (lap 18)
5 Sebastian Vettel +0.507 (lap 16)
6 Nico Rosberg +0.540 (lap 20)
7 Mark Webber +0.610 (lap 20)
8 Kimi Raikkonen +0.614 (lap 18)
9 Fernando Alonso +0.871 (lap 17)
10 Robert Kubica +1.114 (lap 17)
Barrichello is carrying 9.5kg more fuel than Hamilton, which means he will probably stop four laps later than him in the race. And that is likely to set up a fascinating Grand Prix.

Kimi Raikkonen on Friday admitted for the first time the possibility he will leave Ferrari at the end of the season.
Noooo whata shocker...NOT. Like we didnt know this 2 yrs ago. F1 Teams must think the fans are stupid not to no things like this..

"If for some reason I am not at Ferrari next season I know I'll have a seat at another team in the paddock," he is quoted as saying by Britain's Daily Telegraph. "It's not a problem. Other teams want me."

His comments coincide with increasing speculation that Ferrari has now signed a contract with Fernando Alonso and needs to part with either of its existing contracted drivers for 2010: Raikkonen, or the recovering Felipe Massa.

It is believed an amicable split between Ferrari and Raikkonen is likely, but it will cost the Italian team millions as his engagement next year would have earned him in excess of $45m.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090828215056.shtml

Is it just me or is Niki Lauda a complete and utter ****!! He talks the biggest load of poo since eddie jordan. One week he sayd how good a driver is because he won a race. he says how brilliant they are and how top teams should sign them. Then the next week they dont drive so good and he says how **** they are and how they should be sacked.. What a tosser!!!

"Ferrari must absolutely get Fisichella into the cockpit at Monza," Said Lauda.

LOL im sorry but check this stat out....Fisichella has won three races in his career to date. He has been trying for 12yrs.. Yeah great choice Niki...:gun2:

LOL ******** quote of the day here

"Lewis Hamilton produced a stunning late lap to snatch pole position for the Italian Grand Prix in his McLaren.
The world champion stormed to a time of one minute 24.066 seconds"

LOL hardly!! he carrys the least amount of fuel. P.R load of *****.

heres the fuel weights...im gunning for rubens :)

01 McLaren Mercedes Lewis Hamilton 653.5
02 McLaren Mercedes Heikki Kovalainen 683.0
03 Ferrari Giancarlo Fisichella 690.0*
04 Ferrari​
Kimi Räikkönen 662.0
05 BMW Sauber Robert Kubica 697.5*
06 BMW Sauber Nick Heidfeld 697.5*
07 Renault Fernando Alonso 677.5
08 Renault Romain Grosjean 699.8*
09 Toyota Jarno Trulli 703.0*
10 Toyota Timo Glock 709.8*
11 STR Ferrari Jaime Alguersuari 706.0*
12 STR Ferrari
Sébastien Buemi 706.0*
14 RBR Renault Mark Webber 683.0
15 RBR Renault Sebastian Vettel 682.0
16 Williams Toyota Nico Rosberg 708.6*
17 Williams Toyota Kazuki Nakajima 706.2*
20 Force India Mercedes Adrian Sutil 655.0
21 Force India Mercedes Vitantonio Liuzzi 679.5
22 Brawn Mercedes Jenson Button 687.0

23 Brawn Mercedes Rubens Barrichello 688.5

LOL ******** quote of the day here

"Lewis Hamilton produced a stunning late lap to snatch pole position for the Italian Grand Prix in his McLaren.
The world champion stormed to a time of one minute 24.066 seconds"

LOL hardly!! he carrys the least amount of fuel. P.R load of *****.

I'm sorry to say Reptor, but the ONLY ******** here is coming from you, and it ****** stinks! :)

That quote was made at the end of qualifying was it not, well before the car weights was released!

I'm not too sure if the fact that Lewis Hamilton made pole that it kicked you into gear, that you have to find something to scrutinise it! Your vision has been blurred by your dislike of this young man who represents his country and drives for a team who you apparently support also(I think I read that in the past, but stand to be corrected).

Luca Badoer has proved in the last 2 races that driver ability comes to it aswell as a decent car, why was he so poor in a car which Kimi can bring home 1st in the same race?

Get over it man, Lewis is starting to race again, and where the hell is the superior Alonso? :search: ....... behind Force India debutant Vitantonio Liuzzi, not that's a FACT!

not really dude. maybe you should take your rose tinted glass off and think outside the box once in a while. i did support the team and have done so for the past 10yrs. I no longer suport them after ron denis **** on Alonso and even martin whitmarsh said that he regrets that. Anyways the FACTS still remain that "a stunning pole" is bolloxs when P1 = Hamilton +0.047 (lap 16) and P2 = Sutil +0.200 (lap 17) and the rest of the field will be pitting some 10 - 15 laps later. (Alonso+0.381 (lap 26)

All im saying is i dont buy into the whole "stunning pole" from no-one!! albeit alonso,kimi,lewis or button. Lets face it. Even Luca Badoer could get pole if he had no fuel in it!

Lewis aint all that and only one the "fluke" championship by a lucky point. He wont be world champ again and lets just sit back and see what happens m8

All im saying is i dont buy into the whole "stunning pole" from no-one!! albeit alonso,kimi,lewis or button. Lets face it. Even Luca Badoer could get pole if he had no fuel in it!

But it WAS a stunning lap at the time of watching bud, not you, me or the commentators knew the car weights when he got pole!

You can say what you want afterwoods, but to say that quote from a few posts above is bullsh!t, at the time of it being quoted is a bit ahead of yourself is it not?

Not too bothered who wins it, I'd like Lewis Hamilton to win it, which I'm sure you know already, but so long as Jenson benefits in some way by the results, then I'm a happy man.

So Hamilton for the win, Jenson for the championship at the end of the year, with Ruben's breathing down his back for second, probably a point in it again. :moa:

Force India's FTW! :)

agreed. Hammy wont win tho. sorry to burst ur bubble. :rockwoot:

I'd like to think he 'can' as opposed to he 'will' win the race. Let's see what McLaren has lined up, they didn't make him light just to get pole, they have a strategy in hand, and it may or may not work.

I reckon a KERS equipped car will win the race in the end, the track suits that type of a system.