F1 Season 2009

I'm sitting in the cheap £200!! seats at Stowe I like that corner I can get some good shots from there, I'm going with four mates from thurs till sunday, funny you should say about TV they have been talking about some kind of dressing up in god knows what to try and get on TV for a laugh, but as ill have my arms full of camera gear I'm not that keen LOL.

I'm sitting in the cheap £200!! seats at Stowe I like that corner I can get some good shots from there, I'm going with four mates from thurs till sunday, funny you should say about TV they have been talking about some kind of dressing up in god knows what to try and get on TV for a laugh, but as ill have my arms full of camera gear I'm not that keen LOL.

Stowe is a good spot. You can see the whole of Hanger Straight, right the way through to Abbey/Farm. I like the Maggots/Becketts bit. There's a sweet spot where you can see the exit at Copse and you can see right the way down to Stowe. Luffied is a good spot too but further round the outside so you can see the start/finish too. Wish I was going. Haven't been in 2 years. Always a good atmosphere there! Be a shame to lose it. I think Donington will flop as an F1 track.

Let me know what you'll be wearing! I suggest pink tu tu's. You'll all stand out like a soar thumb then! :)

LMAO!!!! :lmfao::lmfao::lmfao:

HAHA Cheap seats. £200 For Stowe b or c. There **** seats m8 :jump:

Try sitting in the pit straight m8. much better veiw. You get to see the start and finish close up and not to mention the winner going up to get there trophy. HA

I`ll be the one booing shamilton. thats if he finished the race

Try sitting in the pit straight m8. much better veiw. You get to see the start and finish close up and not to mention the winner going up to get there trophy. HA

Nah I don't agree. Plus points for being right in the middle of the start/finish straight are that you see the start (which can also be seen at Woodcote, the edge of Luffield and Copse), you see the pit-stops, and you see the podium ceremony. Other than that, all you see is 3-4 seconds as they blast it past the track in a straight line. You see sod all else (apart from the TV's and if thats the case, you may as well sit at home on your sofa).

No no, your strong in putting your opinion across so im interested in a healthy debate. You made a strong statement and id like you to explain it abit more m8

dance_4-1.gif

since Newey left they had two great cars though (MP4-22/23)

Wasnt this the car that they copied from ferrari? "Stepneygate"
and a exclusion from the 2007 Constructors' Championship and a record-breaking fine of $100 million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Fo...ge_controversy

carefactorjz3.gif
:lmfao:

Try sitting in the pit straight m8. much better veiw. You get to see the start and finish close up and not to mention the winner going up to get there trophy.

i disagree. you get to see this
IMG_1134.jpg

Well from your first quote I thought you were on top of the start/finish line. You're at the back end of the grid there! At a guess the last grandstand that comes under 'start/finish' so of course your gonna see Woodcote/exit of Luffield.

as well as this

IMG_1140-1.jpg

Plus points for being right in the middle of the start/finish straight are that you see the start (which can also be seen at Woodcote, the edge of Luffield and Copse), you see the pit-stops, and you see the podium ceremony.

You don't have to convince me about the podium, I know lol.

He's just got the hump because everyone has reinforced their view on his stupid medal system by saying that if it was in force this year, Button could potentially have the title wrapped up in 3 races time.

People said the 2002 season was boring because Schumacher won the title early. Button could potentially win it 1 race sooner than MS did with the medal system! Bernie don't like it when he's wrong.

I'm waiting to see what happens with FIA vs FOTA. Friday is the deadline where the FIA publish next years teams. They've got to come up with some sort of agreement!

If the medal system was in play, then Button wouldn't have won 6 races, he would have been taken off the track by Ruben's at least twice by now lol.

Woot Woot, just had a change at work so now can go watch the friday practice too. Booked a late room hotel and im all set for Silvetsone weekend. Hotels and grandstand ticket. life is good.:)

Come on BrawnGP!!

Don't suppose anyone heard Lewis Hamilton on Radio 1 the other morning? Proper spot on fella but then I never doubted that he wasn't! Said he was going back on Top Gear in July too! :)

Yea I missed it but then heard it on iplayer. He comes on about an hour in Chris Moyles' show for those that want to listen to it. Got to a agree, he came across nicely. I think now he's realised he's lost this year the pressure is off and he's back the way he was. He seemed a bit edgy and down beginning of the year but then again who blames him considering the amount thats gone on!

Looking forward to him going on TG again too! :) Here's hoping to a dry track.

They should get all the F1 drivers down there on the same day to put in some laps. See who is the fastest. All would be using the same crap car on the same day. Be interesting!

WTF is going on for next year?! The carmakers (ACEA) have waded in now backing up FOTA. They've pretty much extended the deadline by a week. Also pretty gutted that Prodrive aren't on the grid for next year.

Why do I get the feeling that F1 is going to implode this weekend? FIA just rejected FOTA's cost cutting measures/ideas after a meeting yesterday. The teams have until Friday to lift their conditions, Ferrari, RBR and STR are saying they won't be bound by the FIA forcing them to race next year, and FOTA and the FIA aren't budging! Something has to give! Considering that there are 26 slots next year and only 10 are looking to be racing at this point, where are the extra cars going to come from? 8 new teams?!

To those that are going to Silverstone this year, enjoy what is bound to be a very interesting weekend!

p.s. If anyone sees Mosley and Bernie, bang their heads together please, ta :)

Im looking forward to seeing Lewis. Well if my tickets are for the back end on the pit straight then im bound to see him in P21. LOL

My misus was going to buy full hospitality tickets for my 30th, meal in marquee etc etc....trouble is she didnt know what she was doing and had to ask me how to book and where the best spot was..... after a long discussion about the weather and the politics of this years championship (car specs included) i decided to have a second hol instead - 2 weeks in Egypt

I just hope next years will be much more competitive technology wise, i have no doubt every driver out there deserves his place, but its sad to see someone who is known to be a damn good driver trailing....soo frustrating as you can see hes wringing that cars neck week in week out...roll on Donnington and a shorter journey for me :rock:

Well I'm off down to Silverstone in the morning, I just hope Max & his cronies don't put another shadow over the racing this weekend with their politics,

97687661fj6.gif

Well I'm off down to Silverstone in the morning

Why you going in the morning? is that so u can get a good spot in the cam site.
With gold tickets you dont need to go early m8.

Im going up first thing friday morning, watching the free practice at 10-11:30 then again at 2 - 3.30 then down to the hotel for a nice nights kip before the qually and then back to the hotel before the race and pit straight seats.
Always pays to book a year in advance

yeah baby.:p

We just go on thursday to chill really, and to avoid the friday traffic etc, we're staying at one of the golf clubs 5 mins walk from the track so it's dead handy, you can be having some beers outside the club house & we know when it's time to go over because you can hear the engines.
we booked last August.

aha i see, cool. Hope they have better laned traffic this year. i remember the last few years they blocked off some of the lanes to get near the circuit and most people ignored it and went down the lane anyways. ****** me off when they do that. lucky for me tho my girlfriend is driving her car as mine lowered and dont wanna get it stuck on the grass like i almost did last year and it wasnt lowered then. im soo gonna sit back and let her do all the driving..hehe

we got air horn this year too so when we see martin doing his grid walk, were gonna do 3 short blasts then one long one :)

Holy shitballs!!!

FOTA have announced that they will not continue with F1 next year and they will start up their new series! They say that all 8 teams and their drivers will be racing as well as getting in new teams.

Wonder what Bernie and Max will do next... :scared2:

Be interesting to see what happens. If they do go ahead and set it up then I'll be watching it as all the best teams will have left F1!

Yea me too. Who's going to watch a race where nobody knows the drivers and teams?

The FIA have just announced that they still stand firm on their rules and that they won't extend today's deadline and that they will announce next years teams tomorrow morning.

What's the chances of Ferrari, STR and RBR being on that list and then there will be another titanic battle in courts? This is getting silly.

Off to court they go! Not surprisingly they are upset with Ferrari the most and they are starting legal proceedings against all 8 FOTA teams but Ferrari more so than the others. FIA say that Ferrari are contracted till 2012 and Ferrari say that in the same contract, they have right of veto on any rules (which the FIA are ignoring) which makes the contract void. Surely the FIA haven't got a leg to stand on from this respect?

This is turning into a right sh!t storm :sadlike:

Well I can report from silverstone, that the weathers great I've got some great pics( I think)and I'm doing my best to ignore all the fia squabbling and enjoy the weekend plus it's my birthday on race day. What ever the fota teams do next I'll be watching it .

You probably won't read this until after you've come back but they are expecting rain for quali! So hope you took your brolly! You'll have to show us some of your snaps after the weekend.

You must have had a good view of Sutil crashing there Martin?!

I missed it while I was wandering taking pics, Just watching GP2 right now.

Thats a shame. Enjoy the race today!

Happy Birthday too fella! :beerchug:

What happened to Lewis Hamiltons dad? Not seen him for months now hogging the limelight and whoring himself out to TV?

I thought that was a great race! Vettel was in a league of his own out there. Make an interesting end to the season I think. Red Bull vs Brawn. McLaren was an absolute dog out there! They need to forget about this year I think and concentrate on next year's car. Same with Ferrari, although they didn't do too badly.

just got back from silverstone. Was a great 3 days there. Vetel was unbeatable and it seems the red bulls ARE winning all the races. lol

Took some pics of rubens too. was about 2 metres away from him. Got some great shots of heikki, along with the podium shots :) I got loads of video too :)

Rubens, Ross Brawn And martine brundel
rubens.jpg

Jenson
IMG_1266.jpg

Heikki
IMG_1337.jpg

IMG_1343.jpg

IMG_1350.jpg

Damon Hill And Sarah Fergison
IMG_1356.jpg

Fatty Chris Moyal
IMG_1355.jpg

Vettel Crossing The Finish line
IMG_1387.jpg

Winners Podium
IMG_1396.jpg

IMG_1402.jpg

i just got back about 30min ago, was an awsome day! well for the 500mile round trip :D