F1 Season 2009

Yeah it's never been quite right since Brawn left, yes Brawn & Newey are probably the best engineering brains in F1 I think Patrick Head was too in the 80's to mid 90's, Brawn probably has the edge over Newey though, look at Mclaren in the first half of 2000's they were always just a bit behind ferrari.

I'm so glad Jenson is doing well. For years he has had crap cars and he has always been one of the best drivers out there. When they had TC and they showed the telemetry you could see that Jenson hardly every triggered his, but when you watched Massa as soon as he hit the apex or before his TC light was on. These low downforce cars without electronic aides really suit people like Button and Vettel as they are smooth and progressive. Hamilton is great and I am a massive fan, but his aggressive style will not work as well in a low down force car. In the past Ferarri and McLaren relied on their amazing aero which was down to massive spending on wind tunnel and testing. So restricted wind tunnel use and reduced testing equals slow cars!!! The other teams are used to making cars go quick as possible without the massive spending. Also, Ross Brawn is an effing genius in my opinion!!!!!!!

Question. Why is it that now lewis is doing rubbish. No one on here is talking about him but yet last year there was more people in here than there is people in a ethiopian kitchen on the lewis band-wagon.

anyways nice to see jenson on pole and should be another great race tomo. Woot Woot.

because everytime he's mentioned you go off on a rant about him. gets boring.

Spot on. Thats what I think too. Ferrari was showing signs of a car that was good today but what they are REALLY suffering from is decisions and strategy. Brawn is the best for that and its shows now. Ferrari are making such sloppy mistakes its unreal! And since Brawn left, their reliability went downhill too. Ah well, at least now I can't be called a glory hunter!

I totaly agree. It will be good to see what happens next year. i mean now brawnGP are showing all the signs of a title winning team. The sponsors will be flocking in and therefore Brawn can spend more money were its needed. Its funny to show that you dont always need the most money to win like Mclaren and Ferrari. All you need is brains. :)GO GO GO JENSON

because everytime he's mentioned you go off on a rant about him. gets boring.
LOL classic m8. So basically your not going to discuss him on here or support him in public because of me. Brilliant. :haudrauf:

No, I'll still post. You just bore the pants off me :laugh:

Hope Massa can get a good start off the line and use his KERS to good affect! Dont want Button to win again

Ferrari are abolutely amasing. How many times?! Their decision making is dire! If Brawn or Todt was still there, heads would have rolled by now!

Great race from the Brawns. Interesting to see two strategies. I'm just wondering if Brawn are now behind Button a little bit for the title hunt? Because Rubens got the jump on him (great start from him!) and then ended up miles behind when they changed him to a 3 stopper. Massa didn't make the most of his KERS at the start... but it didn't make much difference did it? :sadlike:

Ferrari are starting to show promise at least. Cant believe they got themselves into that situation though.

Hamilton would of had a hell of a start if he hadn't of been forced onto the grass! Car still isn't performing though, must be so despressing when you are the world champion and are doing everything you can but the car isn't up to it.

Ferrari are starting to show promise at least. Cant believe they got themselves into that situation though.

Their reliability is nothing to shout about. They used to be bullet proof! They've had failures of some sort at every race so far. To finish first, first you have to finish! Golden rule of racing...

Once again BrawnGP Owned the race track. Another faultless drive from >> "jensOn" <<. I feel sorry for Rubinio as he drove well too and he looked abit down to not win it. :icon_thumright:

I'm just wondering if Brawn are now behind Button a little bit for the title hunt? Because Rubens got the jump on him (great start from him!) and then ended up miles behind when they changed him to a 3 stopper.

I feel sorry for Rubinio as he drove well too and he looked abit down to not win it. :icon_thumright:

I still think they didn't let him race Jenson. There was nothing wrong with keeping him on a 3 stop because their first stint was within a lap of eachother. Hence maybe why Rubens was a bit down?

My theory is Button is the clear leader of the Brawn duo and they know that later on in the season, they will be cought up and maybe overtaken in terms of pace so they are trying to give Button as many points as possible before that happens.

EDIT: The official story is they changed Button from a 3 to a 2 stop. Maybe I like my conspiracies :rolleyes:

Great race from the inform man Button, they interviewed Ross Brawn after the race, and keeping Rubens on a 3 stop(they changed Jensen's strategy from 3 to 2 stop) strategy was suppose to enable him a better chance of winning, but he/the car didn't perform in the second stint for it all to work, he was like 1/2 sec off the pace per lap in the second stint.

Shame Hamilton couldn't get a solitary point for his efforts.

The medal system has been scrapped for next season :yahoo:

I'm all for the no fuel stops too but the ban on tyre warmers I'm not too sure about. Now anyone that's done racing will know that going out on cold slicks is like driving on ice for the first few corners. At the start it shouldn't be too bad because they have their warm up lap. Coming out of the pits on the other hand.... you can light up the rears to get them to have some sort of grip but I'm not sure how swerving in the pit lane will go down :unsure:

What do we recon for Monaco? Boring race or lots of crashes? I couldn't say who'll be on top. Could be anyone I think.

Shame I wont be able to watch the quali or the race! The boss' son is coming out so I have to entertain him instead :3sadwalk:

Boring for sure, since the amount of overtaking is practically zilch around the tight street circuit, it's all going to be won in the pits as usual.

Yeah of course, its all the car thats causing his results, its always the same old excuse, my sole of my shoe had a speckle of dust on so it affected my balance whilst steering round corners etc etc, they all blame the car but never themselves for being **** on the day, they're all the same, bit like footballers, the grass was 1mm to thick for my technologically advanced boots made from gold pressed latinum, lol

Yesterdays mistake wasn't the car no, he has admitted that himself but if you have been watching F1 this season you'd of seen how much slower both the McLarens were than most of the field. Yet Hamilton has still managed to pull some reasonable results out of the bag - best of a bad job.

Going to take a miracle to turn it around today though!

Raikonnen could be in with a shout if he gets the jump on Button in the 1st lap. I hope so!

Raikonnen could be in with a shout if he gets the jump on Button in the 1st lap. I hope so!

I don't think there's any doubt Kimi will be ahead of button into the 1st corner, Ferrari has KERS, BrawnGP car doesn't! Unless it's not working again for Kimi or he screws his launch up!!

But we all know that the race will be won buy a clever pitstop strategy by the man Ross Brawn, you read it here first. :)

SILVERSTONE BABY!!

Tickets came yesturday. You guys jelous. hehe

Pit Straight Gold Tickets

IMG_1235.jpg

Well done to Jenson again, he drove a great race.

I do feel sorry for him beacuse the British public just aren't behind him the way their were with Lewis last year

I saw none of Monaco but read about it. Brawn really have put the hammer down! They recon Ferrari is up there giving them a run for their money. I'm not convinced myself but we'll see this weekend. Brawn and Button are looking really strong for both titles this year now.

As for this whole FOTA vs FIA thing... what do we think is going to happen? Both camps are calling eachother bluff! Mosely has turned round today and said "If you want to have your own rules, make up your own series". Surely FOTA will blink first. Won't they....? :unsure: They're quickly running out of time!

I should be able to watch this weekend's race. Brawn should be up there again. They've proved they have a solid enough car at all tracks. I'm expecting RBR to pick up again this weekend. I think Ferrari will be closer, but not quite as close are people are saying. Time will tell I suppose!

Interesting quali. Brawns popping up again towards the end! Looking forward to seeing the fuel loads. Race tomorrow should be a good'n :racer:

How twitchy was Hamiltons car lol. All they can do now is keep developing the car with the hope of making it competitive next season...

They were bigging up Massa saying they thought he'd do it. Just glad not to see a Brawn on pole!

So who do we recon for today? Button for win number 6? I think either Button will jump Vettel at the start (Brawns tend to be good off the line) or Ross Brawn will work his magic at the pit stops. Should be a great race though!

So who do we recon for today? Button for win number 6? I think either Button will jump Vettel at the start (Brawns tend to be good off the line) or Ross Brawn will work his magic at the pit stops. Should be a great race though!

Agreed, that's what I think will happen also, Vettel is a great driver, but Brawn is just head and shoulder abover everyone else when it comes to strategies and tactics during the race!

Quite gutted about Lewis Hamiltons performance though, it was very clear in yesterdays qualifying that his car has no back end grip, he also said the rear tyres had gone during the last race didn't he?

The back end was all over the place wasn't it?! Very nervous car through the corners. I don't know about last race because I couldn't watch it but he may strugle with the softs today if the car will handle the same. He'll destroy them in no time! Especially considering his agressive driving style when it comes to the race.

Next year with no fuel stops will reward the drivers that are kind to their tyres so his driving style will hurt him there.

So I think either Button will jump Vettel at the start

I doubt it. Vettel has lighter fuel and jenson will let him go as he will beat him in the pit stops and wouldnt want to crash into him as he will play the long game.

2 more weeks and i will be sat in the pit straight grandstand at silverstone. YAY :arco:

on a seperate note,

Eddie Jordan had told the BBC that the MP4-24 was "possibly the worst car McLaren has ever designed," and Hamilton did not try hard to disagree.

http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090607092617.shtml

Its clear there feeling the Adrian Newey effect like i said along time ago in this thread. It was easy for mclaren to tweak the car that Adrian Newey built. Now they had to build a car from scratch, they didnt have a clue.

this is what i said

I think that ferrari and mclaren will only do good half way through the year and therefore will be too late for the championship. Next years cars might be worthy of racing but not this year.

The words "Mclaren" and "No adrian newey" spring to mind for the complete no idea on how to build a car from scratch and this mess is proving it it my mind.

Yeah & the Red Bull cars are winning all the races aren't they:wacko:

so it seems :applaus:

Jenson Wins 6 outta 7!! :applaus:

Lets face it, he romped home

great driving and well deserved i reckon. :superman:

Button had another great days racing. Like jojo said, I think the win was always Button's. He's making it look easy out there. The only excitement of the day came from Rubens!

I was always sceptical about Ferrari taking the challenge to Brawn. Today showed that they were still way off the pace. The race battles will be between RBR and Brawn. Maybe Toyota will mix it in every now and then. Silverstone is another high downforce circuit so I think it'll be same front runners as today.

I didn't realise that there were talks of scrapping KERS for next year. I quite like it and think its a good idea although I'd make it compulsory. It would be better if all teams had to use it at all races. Of course costs come into play on developing it for the smaller teams but they could buy them off other teams like the do with the engines and drivechain.

Its clear there feeling the Adrian Newey effect like i said along time ago in this thread. It was easy for mclaren to tweak the car that Adrian Newey built. Now they had to build a car from scratch, they didnt have a clue.

but the last car Newey did for Mclaren was rubbish, the MP4-21 never won a race!,
The MP4-22 (Alonso/Hamilton) was designed by Pat fry & was a great car & he also did this years car that's rubbish,

I think like ferrari the main problem is that they threw all their time & resources into the 2008 car right till the last race so thats why their feeling it now,
since Newey left they had two great cars though (MP4-22/23)

but the last car Newey did for Mclaren was rubbish, the MP4-21 never won a race!,
The MP4-22 (Alonso/Hamilton) was designed by Pat fry & was a great car & he also did this years car that's rubbish

I remember that one. Was that the one where they went for a 'radical' design and it just flopped big time? If I remember, it was so tightly packaged which ment that the engine had to be tightly packaged as well that it just wasn't reliable at all. Things kept breaking in the engine because it was too tight in there for the vibrations etc. Everyone has good and bad years.

This years regulations were so different, everyone tried something new and different. Some succeded, others failed. I think it will be much the same story for next year as the regulations will be massively different again with bigger tanks, no tyre warmers etc. If they race at all anyway!

I think like ferrari the main problem is that they threw all their time & resources into the 2008 car right till the last race so thats why their feeling it now,

Yea, Ferrari and McLaren were limited on development, especially without winter testing too. Shows too!

but the last car Newey did for Mclaren was rubbish, the MP4-21 never won a race.

Newey wanted to leave the team, and by late 2004 his future began to look uncertain, Ron Dennis stories continued to circulate during the 2004/2005 off-season that Newey's departure was imminent

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Adrian_Newey

He wanted to leave and clearly didnt want to commit to Mclaren in both his efforts nore his future.

Really???

8 wins out of 17 races aint excatly great m8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren_MP4-22

same goes for there tweaked version that only managed 6 wins out of 17 races. not great.

Revisions from the MP4-22 include a longer wheel-base, the removal of the "bullhorns" from the airbox and a new rear wing which differs both in main profile and its endplates

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren_MP4-23

Wasnt this the car that they copied from ferrari? "Stepneygate"
and a exclusion from the 2007 Constructors' Championship and a record-breaking fine of $100 million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Formula_One_espionage_controversy

Bottom line is Newey is a proven master at design, you only have to look what he has done since joining red bull. stats say it all.

David Coulthard said today after the race that Ross Brawn has the brains to win and doesnt need endless money.
Unline ferrari who bitched like little girls with grazed knees as they wanted a uncapped F1. Clearly money doesnt buy you wins.

Really???

8 wins out of 17 races aint excatly great m8

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/McLaren_MP4-22

same goes for there tweaked version that only managed 6 wins out of 17 races. not great.

Bottom line is Newey is a proven master at design, you only have to look what he has done since joining red bull. stats say it all.

If I was in that team I'd be gutted to ONLY have 8 wins in a season & to lose the championship by 1 point & then to ONLY have 6 wins then win the championship,:sm4:

I'm not saying Newey isn't a brilliant engineer , he is but the cars after he left were good till now & it's only this season his red bulls have been up the front regularly his 07/08 cars weren't anything special, so really they all have their off years.

you forgot to quote and comment on this m8

Really???

and a exclusion from the 2007 Constructors' Championship and a record-breaking fine of $100 million

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Formula_One_espionage_controversy

Allegations were subsequently made during November 2007 by the FIA against the Renault F1 team regarding information they were found to have in their possession concerning the 2006 and 2007 McLaren F1 cars

i do agree with your point about having off years tho. Schumacher had 2 of them before he quit. No wait, Alonso bet him fair and square.:rolleyes:

Can't be *****, your right so everyone else must be wrong.

See you at silverstone.

Can't be *****, your right so everyone else must be wrong.

See you at silverstone.

No no, your strong in putting your opinion across so im interested in a healthy debate. You made a strong statement and id like you to explain it abit more m8.

you forgot to quote and comment on this m8

Really???

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/2007_Fo...ge_controversy

Allegations were subsequently made during November 2007 by the FIA against the Renault F1 team regarding information they were found to have in their possession concerning the 2006 and 2007 McLaren F1 cars

i do agree with your point about having off years tho. Schumacher had 2 of them before he quit. No wait, Alonso bet him fair and square.

Your going to silverstone? cool. fancy meeting up to discuss the race afterwards?