F1 Season 2009

I'm also looking forward to it starting again as I'm off to Melbourne for the first race :yahoo:Just over 6 weeks until I go.

you going to silverstone too? im going this year like ive have done for the past 3yrs. got my pitlane grandstand 3 day tickets bought and cant wait. better not rain again this year.

you going to silverstone too? im going this year like ive have done for the past 3yrs. got my pitlane grandstand 3 day tickets bought and cant wait. better not rain again this year.

I don't have any plans to go Silverstone yet! but you never know :think:

you going to silverstone too?. better not rain again this year.

I'm going to silverstone again this year, I thought it was a great race in the rain last year, Infact I felt lucky to witness hamiltons dominance in the rain on that race, something like that doesn't happen very often, over a minute in front of the next car at the finish.

Martin thats the only race i missed!! was in the air at the exact time it started and finished, totally gutted!! jealous mate:icon_thumright:

I saw Lewis at Silverstone in his last year in GP2. That was an EPIC race to watch him! Will never forget it. Romped away in the 1st race, started 8th in the second and won that too. He overtook 2 people at the same time round the outside of Becketts. I was standing right at the corner and I was truly speachless! So was everyone else there! Been going every year since '99 but havent been in the last 2 years. Much of the same really. Would love to go to Monza tho!

Just been reading up on USF1 and they're saying that they are considering Danica Patrick as one of their drivers. Hope they do!

danica-patrick-picture-1.jpg

...........mmmmmmmmmmmmmm

Add a bit more spice to F1 eh?

It would be good to see a female or two in the driving seat for a change, is the USF1 team definatley going to happen then? I read about them about a week ago but I wasn't sure if it was going to happen in time for australia?

If they do make it, they're hoping to be on the grid for 2010. I hope they do (regardless if they have Danica or not) because it'll be interesting to see how an all American team does against the rest of Europe basically. It'll be good to have an 'all new' team rather than same team, same people just different name because they were bought out by someone else.

So we'll have Brawn GP on the grid next year then?! The amount of time they've lost in testing, it wouldn't suprise me if they were in the same place as they were last year! Be interesting to see how they get on.

I also just read about the new FOTA plans for the next two years. The two things that stand out for me are the new points changes (12, 9, 7, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1) and possibly a bonus constructors point with the fastest pit stop of the day! I'm liking that idea! I wouldn't mind seeing a driver's point for fastest lap too. There's also talk of them looking for a new quali format. I like the current one! The only thing that I'd change is I'd have the last session on low fuel flying laps like the first 2.

Hmmm Mclaren were ***** will alonso joined them and then they were lightning. Alonso left and the first year without him lewis won in the same car alonso helped develope. Now alonso`s gone, look were mclaren are.

Hamilton and McLaren continue to struggle
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090312200402.shtml

Haug admits new McLaren 'far too slow'
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090313090839.shtml

Another difficult day for Hamilton
http://en.f1-live.com/f1/en/headlines/news/detail/090311185146.shtml

looks like there gonna be at the back of the grid and Brawn GP will be at the front. oh how the tables have turned i reckon.

Lets see how much of a true champion hamilton is and lets see what imput this amature can give.

and possibly a bonus constructors point with the fastest pit stop of the day! I'm liking that idea! .

that would be interesting to moderate.

in previous seasons, if you earned any points, you were entitled to free supply of tyres.

You run the risk of the lower teams, doing a pointless, quick stop, just to earn one very valuable point.

Same if yr outside the first 8, point scoring positions. Say youve crashed, but capable of limping back to the pits. your team "bandaids" you back together so you can do another lap, a quick stop and earn a point for nix

Well Brawn GP are raising a few eyebrows aren't they?!

I think if they do choose to give points to the constructors, there will probably be a certain criteria involved (ie must change all 4 wheels plus fuel). I can still see your point tho. There will be grey areas. But I wouldn't mind seeing a driver getting a point for fastest laps. Then all drivers will be pushing throughout all the race and not slow down after the final stops.

Could be a very intresting season this one, Mclaren are struggling big time so far from what I've heard, but as you say Brawn is leaving a few heads scratching lol, I suppose whatever team he's involved in it will get results he's one hell of an engineer.

I suppose whatever team he's involved in it will get results he's one hell of an engineer.

TBH I didn't expect him to turn things around this quick! I know that pre season testing should be taken with a pinch of salt but still. Be interesting to see their pace come Oz.

Brawn is a genius, look at what he achieved at Ferarri!!

Who do you think will be the contenders this year? I think Vettel, Button, the Ferarri boys and you can never rule out Alonso.
The McLaren is SO slow it is rediculous, they are about 2.5 seconds behind the front runners and if that translates into race pace then they will be in a worse situation than Honda last year!!! It's interesting how the McLaren pace has dropped without Alonsos help. I have been saying for awhile that Hamilton can really drive fast, but he can't set up or develop a car like Alonso. It took Hamilton ages to dial in last years car which was basically a good car, where as Alonso took what was essentially a poor car and turned it round (even though it did take him a long time). It will be interesting to see where the Renault sits in Oz.

The McLaren is SO slow it is rediculous

It's interesting how the McLaren pace has dropped without Alonsos help. I have been saying for awhile that Hamilton can really drive fast, but he can't set up or develop a car like Alonso.

Thats excatly what ive been saying for a while. Lets see how much of a worthy champ he actualy is now without alonso`s input.

I for one will be cheering on alonso this year at silvetsone. You will see me stood up on the pit straight stands whilst all the other fans of nampy pampy hamiliton are sat down because he is doing nothing but winge an cry because he is last. HA

So negative, I personally hope Hamilton will achieve something this season, he's a British driver representing his country and the current World Champ, and you don't get handed these on a plate I'm afraid.
Also hope Button gets a decent car under him to see what he can poduce, either way, I hope the cars are much closer in performance between everyone, that it actually makes some of the races interesting as opposed to one sided.

Who do you think will be the contenders this year? I think Vettel, Button, the Ferarri boys and you can never rule out Alonso.
The McLaren is SO slow it is rediculous, they are about 2.5 seconds behind the front runners and if that translates into race pace then they will be in a worse situation than Honda last year!!! It's interesting how the McLaren pace has dropped without Alonsos help. I have been saying for awhile that Hamilton can really drive fast, but he can't set up or develop a car like Alonso. It took Hamilton ages to dial in last years car which was basically a good car, where as Alonso took what was essentially a poor car and turned it round (even though it did take him a long time). It will be interesting to see where the Renault sits in Oz.

Yea but Brawn needed the best part of 3 years before Ferrari got to the front of the grid! Maybe its his wise head now getting him there quicker! If his teams times are legit (ie respective of race pace and not just going all out for a quick time for sponsors) then my hat is off to the guy. I guess the first few races of the season will tell!

I'm hoping Vettel with have a great season this year. He's a great driver. I don't know who'll be better out of Button and Rubens. It might be about 50/50 I think. Depending on if Renault find a bit more speed, Alonso should be up there too. I've no doubt that McLaren will find some speed before they reach Europe. Ferrari look as though they should be the ones to beat... if they can sort out their reliability glitches!

So negative, I personally hope Hamilton will achieve something this season, he's a British driver representing his country and the current World Champ, and you don't get handed these on a plate I'm afraid.
Also hope Button gets a decent car under him to see what he can poduce, either way, I hope the cars are much closer in performance between everyone, that it actually makes some of the races interesting as opposed to one sided.

I agree. I for one think that Hamilton earnt his place at McLaren through raw skill which he showed in his karting days right through to F1. If anyone denies this, then they blatantly have something against the guy. I'm sure Alonso wasn't too brilliant at setting up an F1 car at 23/24 either. He's got 4 years on Lewis! Hamilton still has a hell of a lot to learn and once he's got experience under his belt then he'll be able to develop a car pretty damn well too! Give him time to develop.

I've just read that next years championship winner will be the one with the most wins! I'm not too sure on that idea. It wont be medals per say... There will still be points in the current format but the champion will be the driver with the most wins. If the top 2 have the same amount of wins, then they look at the points.

They keep saying about making it simple for the viewers, especailly the ones that dont watch F1 regularly. You try explaining to them that the driver with the most points wont necessarily win the title... :sadlike:

Yea but Brawn needed the best part of 3 years before Ferrari got to the front of the grid!

I for one think that Hamilton earnt his place at McLaren through raw skill.

earned his way or was paid via mclaren ALL of his career. Wouldnt say earned m8, id say more like mclaren made him what he is today and thats a nobody when he loses his LUCKY crown from last year. Lets just chill and see what happens shall we.

Only 4 more work days left until I fly to Oz for the GP :arco: Can't wait!

I'll make sure to post some good pics while I'm over there for you all to see.

earned his way or was paid via mclaren ALL of his career. Wouldnt say earned m8, id say more like mclaren made him what he is today and thats a nobody when he loses his LUCKY crown from last year. Lets just chill and see what happens shall we.

Chill? I never realised that things heated up! lol There's nothing wrong with a good old debate. :beerchug: What I can't stand is people who try debating without giving any reasons to their opinions. But anyway...

The reason why its been made so public about McLaren is because one of their drivers has come through the system and is actually quite good... yes albeit with the guidance of McLaren. They take on drivers from a young age all the time. If they aren't quite as good as they hoped, they drop them! If Hamilton wasn't good, they would have dropped him too I'm sure. So from that respect, I think he did earn it.

McLaren have another kid going through the same route as Lewis did. Oliver Rowland. The only reason I know this is because I used to be in the same team with him back when I took karting seriously. He's another great driver and McLaren are paying for all his races at the mo. If he turns out to be a dissapointment, you'll never hear about him. But if he turns out to be good, he'll earn his way into F1 just like Lewis has.

.... in my opinion of course :friends:

Only 4 more work days left until I fly to Oz for the GP :arco: Can't wait!

I'll make sure to post some good pics while I'm over there for you all to see.

Lucky sod! :beee: lol

Just make sure your batteries last till the end of the race! If you're anything like me, I'm running low after the 2nd lap! lol

Have a safe flight mate and enjoy it! :thumbsup:

Thanks lil_coz :icon_thumright:. I think I best get a spare battery to be on the safe side. I'm sure I will have just as many photo's of the pit board girls as the cars! Got to be done I guess :hubbahubba:

Cant denie that Mclaren were **** just before Alonso joined them and he undoubtebly dragged them from nothing to a winning team. Youve only got to look at what he is doing now with renault. U know that team that was winning for years untill he left, then they was **** too. abit of a coinsidence me thinks not.

Oh I'm not denying that Alonso can develop a car. He did a good job when he went to McLaren and he's doing a good job now with Renault.

I'm hoping that this year there will be as many winners as there were last year... if not more. Ferrari obviously look strong, Renault arent too shabby either. Hoping Vettel can get up there along with Kubica, and no doubt McLaren will get their act together at some point. Maybe even Brawn GP can get a win or two. Only a week left! :jump:

im hopeing that rubens can out shine button. Not that im anti brit as i am one but i just feel sorry for rubens and he is a great driver and no one can denie that the year he let schuey win when he pulled over in Austria, he could have got the title himself.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EyHUygPQ38E

this is interesting what rubens says here about the move

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vssilEdhK7Y&feature=related

i think this year will be a great one to prove who is the best of the best as there all on equal new rules with the cars from scratch.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=txKfqjasUKE&feature=related

This whole medals things could be on shakey ground! The FOTA have said that the rule change that the FIA have made is 'invalid'. In the FIA rules, some paragraph from a certain article in the book says that when a major rule is changed, it must be done at least 20 days before the first race and if it is changed after then, it needs to be unanimoulsy agreed by all teams and drivers. Because the FIA sprung this AFTER the 20 day mark and all the teams dont want it enforced, they say that they cannot change it. Which means that they will go back to the 10, 8, 6.... points system with no medals! :yahoo:

Be interesting to see what the FIA says about this...

I dont like how its all gone VERY political and the season has not even staretd yet!

UPDATE: Looks like the FIA have backtracked and there wont be a medal system this year. Will be the same system as last year. Thank f*ck for that!

Hmmm Who is driving the shitest, slowest car? Who would it efect the most if the "new system" was to carry on like bernie wants? How much money in advertising would they lose just like moaning schumacker used to do when he didnt get his way.

nuff said really.

Thank God they back tracked! Maybe the FIA where glad in the end, as I don't think the FIA or BE thought the medals rule would be hated as much as we have seen. Basically everyone except BE thinks it is a terrible rule change. If it ain't broke don't sodding fix it!!!!

I think they should stick to the points system, the winners medal system is too sudden for it to be implemented.

The FIA's response went along the lines of, 'Sorry but we thought that all the teams liked the idea which is why we went for it'. What a load of crap lol.

Thank God they back tracked! Maybe the FIA where glad in the end, as I don't think the FIA or BE thought the medals rule would be hated as much as we have seen. Basically everyone except BE thinks it is a terrible rule change. If it ain't broke don't sodding fix it!!!!

I dont know about 'glad' but like you said, I dont think they expected the teams and drivers to fall on them like a ton of bricks! They say that they will postpone it till next year but I think the teams wont allow it unless BE says "tough" which I can see happening tbh. If they want to reward the winner more, go back to the old system of 10, 6, 4, 3, 2, 1.... Simple! Or if they want to give points down to 8th then change it but keep the % of difference to same. 15, 9, 6, 5, 4, 3, 2, 1

So who do we think is going to win this weekend then? If someone had a gun to my head, I'd say that a red car will probably win. Brawn GP could be a dark horse too! Mind you, if Renault are quick, Alonso could make a good job of it. BWM and Williams might get lucky I suppose if there will be any carnage like last year... And I suppose you can't count out McLaren either.

Who did I miss.....................? lol :)

As above...I think its really exciting not knowing who`s going to be on top, just looking at the teams opposing the diffuser issue and the old Merc boys are not one of them now, I have a sneaky suspicsion that we may see a new rear diffuser on those silver merc`s come race day???...Who knows ? But they need some more speed from somewhere and if its passed the initial test then I reakon thats why they are keeping quiet about it?
Goodluck to Jenson & Hamilton, however if I had to choose, I think I might have a bet on Alonso. Looking farward to it!:racer:

I'm looking forward to it already, who cares who wins the first race, so long as it's exciting and good to watch, throw in a bit of drama also, this season is going to be a major shock for most of us I reckon.

Come on Hamilton!

Anyone actually going to watch any of the practice or qualifying live?

I might get up to watch the race on Sunday but could always wait till the repeat is on at lunchtime

Anyone actually going to watch any of the practice or qualifying live?

I might get up to watch the race on Sunday but could always wait till the repeat is on at lunchtime

OMG!! YOU SHOULD ALWAYS WATCH IT LIVE.. anyways, yeah a true fan watches it live. none of thsi editing out the tension when theres crashes *****..

does anyone no how to watch the practice sesions live as now its on bbc i dont htink u can like u could on itv`s webby.

EDIT/ Press the red button then 3 on bbc interactive :D

OMG!! YOU SHOULD ALWAYS WATCH IT LIVE..

Completely agree!!! I schedule things around the F1 calander lol :blush:

Although its not too bad for me now coz I'm in Spain so I get an hour extra in bed :)

Looks like the teams with their controversial diffusers are running at the top of the time sheets this morning. I myself, I dont see anything wrong with it. They found a loop hole and they are making the most of it. Fair play to them for thinking outside the box! In the end, thats what engineering is all about. Should be a cracking quali/race! I cant wait!