F1: ITV are tossers!

Shades

Reaction score
:motz: :motz: :motz: :motz: :motz:

I know ITV are a commercial station and therefore rely on adverts during the F1 for their income so this rant isn't going to be about that, however much it annoys me, but do they have to be the complete and utter, grade A c**ts and spoil the late highlights for those of us that didn't see the race earlier?

All day I've been avoiding looking at papers, listening to the radio and other places likely to say something about F1 on purpose, so I didn't know the results before watching the highlights. So what do ITV news go and do? They go and announce the results as one of their lead stories!!!! AAAARRRRRGGGGHHHH!

WTF! They never used to do that, they used to leave it till the 'sports' section and even then they would tell you to look away if you didn't want to know the results (for the very reason the highlights show would be on later and not everybody had seen the race live so was waithing for the highlights)

I know Hamilton has acheived some amazing things in his short F1 career but ever since he rolled into town ITV have been in a Hamilton love fest. Fair play to the guy, he's a Brit and he's doing rather well but ITV only used this as a 'lead' news item, not as a celebration of the talented individual, but to boost interest in their own coverage knowing that many people had switched off years ago. They couldn't care less if it spoils things for the fans that never left!!

I expect other stations to broadcast the results on purpose, simply because they don't show F1, but the station that actually provides the coverage? ITV are f**king w**k and should stick to the myriad of bilge, such as 'talent' shows and 'reality' tv, that they think passes as entertainment!

The sooner F1 is shown on another channel (even if it Pay-Per-Race) the better!!!!!!!!!

:motz: :motz: :motz: :motz: :motz:

Don't get me going on the subject of "spoilers" i never watch who wants to be a millionaire and the one time i did there was an old guy who got to quite a high figure before the end of the show. i thought i'll watch that next week to see how he finishes up only to pick up a copy of the sun during the week to see a full story on how much he won.

another bunch of *******

seems like they either want to jump in and grab the headline or spoil the story for the other networks, either way the fans don't seem to be the ones in the forefront of their priorities.

as an aside, and severely showing my age, i remember an episode of the likely lads where Rodney Bewes and James Bolam had been avoiding the score of a big match all day so they could watch it on match of the day only to be told just before it started that it was a crap game because it was a 0-0 draw.

so it's not a new problem then, lol

shineydave said:
as an aside, and severely showing my age, i remember an episode of the likely lads where Rodney Bewes and James Bolam had been avoiding the score of a big match all day so they could watch it on match of the day only to be told just before it started that it was a crap game because it was a 0-0 draw.
Yes you are showing your age! :lmfao:

BaBs said:
bring back Murray Walker!
Don't get me started on that either! James Allan has to be one of the worst commentators I've ever heard. During the US GP he couldn't even tell the difference between the front and rear of a car during a pit stop!! And his wild speculation "...He must be having a problem with his tyre pressures..." Oh yeah, because you really know that do you. Knob. I love it when James Allan says something wrong and you can quitely hear Martin Brundell correcting him with a single word and a little bit of contempt in his voice! Murrey Walker was/is a legend and its a shame he retired. I know he didn't get things right all the time but he was funny because it was more often a case of his brain was working faster than his mouth and things came out a bit wrong. I think its time ITV dumped James Allan and his awful, irritating, naselly voice and gave the smoother tones of Ted Kravitz a chance. At least Ted know's what the ****** hell he's talking about!

If lewis Hamilton hadnt won then they probably wouldnt have mentioned it. Hamilton winning two races in a row and only his 7th race is big news IMO

A4Quattro said:
The BBC can't afford to buy the rights to anything more than the National Indoor Bowls championship, let alone F1.

Personally I like ITV's coverage. True, they did have far too many ad-breaks in the US GP, but then it was a dull race really, good as it was for Lewis. Martin Brundle is a brilliant, knowledgeable pundit who doesn't talk in clichés all the time.

I think we'd have more to worry about if it left the terrestial networks.

nooooooo starting this one was a mistake!!!!!

F1
--

1. Change rules on car design as so to limit cars speed for safety reasons.
2. Put in more corners to slow down the cars.
3. Limit the number of tyres and engines available so that drivers have to take it easier.
4. Change to fuel to normal pump fuel to prevent any progress here too.
5. Change tracks so that overtaking is impossible, and races are won by pitstop strategies.

AND THEN FROM ITV

6. Go to advert break just as pit-stop windows are open, and come back just after everyone has pitted.

Result is nothing worth watching whatsoever.

F1 is a pile of big brown steaming ****.

madvw said:
Result is nothing worth watching whatsoever.

F1 is a pile of big brown steaming ****.
To be fair, last season was good as it went to the wire with Schumacher/Alonso, and this season is all about Hamilton so far which makes it interesting.

But - at the risk of a barrage of criticism here - F1 is nowhere near as exciting as NASCAR. Have been watching it for a few years now, having previously thought oval racing was dull, but when they're running three wide at 200mph it's pretty tense. After 400 or 500 miles drivers win races by just a car length, and the technology, or lack of it with pushrod, carburettor-fuelled V8s, keeps things simple. And when they "wreck", boy do they wreck, one reason motor racing has always been popular.

Try it - usually shows on either Thursday or Friday on Five US.

benw123 said:
But - at the risk of a barrage of criticism here - F1 is nowhere near as exciting as NASCAR. Have been watching it for a few years now, having previously thought oval racing was dull, but when they're running three wide at 200mph it's pretty tense. After 400 or 500 miles drivers win races by just a car length, and the technology, or lack of it with pushrod, carburettor-fuelled V8s, keeps things simple. And when they "wreck", boy do they wreck, one reason motor racing has always been popular.
I have to say I agree a little with you a little there. F1 has been sterilised, its no longer the pinnacle of motorsport that it should be. Granted, the technology is nothing short of amazing but there's far to many races with a lack of anything really happening. The bid for safety has effectively killed off any true competition in the sport and the FIA's meddling and stupid rule changes, which are desperate, half-***** attempts to rectify their own stupid rules from previous meddling sessions, has run the sport into the ground. Motorsport, as with many other high-octane sports, is all about the risks, we know that, the drivers and teams know that yet the FIA want to remove all risk from F1. Without risk there is no reward. I feel a little sorry for the drivers too. Imagine reaching the 'pinnacle' of motorsport, that you've dreamt about and watched some of the great battles of years gone by, only to find that the only real purpose for racing has all but been removed.

Exactly shades! I thought I was going mad... F1 is all about fast cars, fast crashes, fast overtaking. Not pit strategies being the only way to win the races, thats what I hated when schumacher was racing, he was rubbish at overtaking and used the pits and qualifying to get ahead without actually overtaking anyone, hamilton does bring a little excitement with his overtaking.

My all time award goes to juan pablo montoya for his driving though, the only thing that kept me watching through the 6 or so years procession that was schumachers F1!! Rawr rant over lol

TheSpaceCowboy said:
Exactly shades! I thought I was going mad... F1 is all about fast cars, fast crashes, fast overtaking. Not pit strategies being the only way to win the races, thats what I hated when schumacher was racing, he was rubbish at overtaking and used the pits and qualifying to get ahead without actually overtaking anyone, hamilton does bring a little excitement with his overtaking.

My all time award goes to juan pablo montoya for his driving though, the only thing that kept me watching through the 6 or so years procession that was schumachers F1!! Rawr rant over lol

^^^truth

good post mate