F1 ain't dead yet

45bvtc

The Older I Get The Better I Was
Supporter
Gold Supporter
Reaction score
F1 ain't dead yet but in its current format it ain't got long to go with road-car manufacturers - and after this weekends performance some (more) F1 drivers - rushing to WEC.

A follower of F1 for 40-years and more of the races this year I recall none.

BUT, of the three WEC races; Silverstone, Spa, and Le Mans, I remember 'em all, Silverstone especially.

Enjoy, if you can, the current F1 parade 'cos WEC is on its way...

Bet Nico Hulkenberg thinks so...

Reactions: S3Alex
Not dead yet,but it needs to sort itself out.

F1 should be the pinnacle of open-wheel racing,and instead it's become a spectacle overrun with rules and regulations and a formula that's too tightly controlled.

For sure,at various times in the past one team has dominated,such as McLaren/Honda in the turbo days,and Williams with Renault,but the racing was still good,and the technology constantly moved.
For me,the rot set in when the Williams FW15 development was banned.

I don't think that any team that has exploited the rules to the maximum should be castigated for having done a better job,and seeing RBR whining now is a bit rich,considering they exploited the previous engine/chassis rules to the best effect.

The new turbo era has great potential,but it's smothered in rules,and driving to a target.

If you look at endurance racing and even MotoGP,the rules are tight,but the racing itself seems to have been preserved to a much better degree.

Reactions: Ghost and 45bvtc