F1 2008 Season

Wes G

Reaction score
So with the 2008 season about to start (16\3)... who is your money on this year???
How do you think Alonso will do in the Renault?
Will Hamilton keep his cool for another good year? Or will it be a one of the flying red machines for the win?

Discuss?...

Wez.:cool:

No money in but Kimmi ro Massa will take it...

Anyone going to Silverstone? My tickets are already at home! :)

Pedro

I`m thinking Kimme also??? Not going to F1 this year going to BTCC @ Snetterton & Brands maybe? ... you been to watch F1 before?...dont forget your ear plugs! I never realised quite how loud they are!:blink:

yeah wes... been there... ear plugs def a must.

Going to see DTM in Brands Hatch and also WTCC...

Pedro

When is DTM there??? Might be interested in going to that myself?:cool:

newbiecrg said:
No money in but Kimmi ro Massa will take it...
Probably, especially with all that McLaren IPR designed into the Ferrari car ;)

Wes G said:
I`m thinking Kimme also??? Not going to F1 this year going to BTCC @ Snetterton & Brands maybe? ... you been to watch F1 before?...dont forget your ear plugs! I never realised quite how loud they are!:blink:

Pah, ear plugs... I want to hear the engines not muffle the sound! Especially now that there is no TC. Engines wont sound horrible no more. Be nice and smooth out of corners!

Wont be able to make SS this year. Got a race at Cadwell that I've got to be at on the same weekend.

I think the red cars will be the ones to beat.

Coss

i know you'll laff at me but, but in all seriousness i think red bull will do well this year if they've sorted their reliability probs out. when they were testing their cars they were lapping faster than Mclaren

S90GAV said:
i know you'll laff at me but, but in all seriousness i think red bull will do well this year if they've sorted their reliability probs out. when they were testing their cars they were lapping faster than Mclaren
I`d love to see one of the other teams progress and give the bigger teams more of a challenge...I really hope they can, will make it more entertaining!:icon_thumright:

Williams are looking good, they may challenge for the "best of the rest slot"
Looking like Honda are gonna be struggling again. Button has gotta be getting frustrated by now...

I hope Redbull do well too! Their car has a lot of potential and I hope they've sorted out their reliability. I think DC and Webber are good enough to challenge the BMW's if their gearboxes dont go pop.

As for Honda, my guess is that they'll be fighting at the back of the midfield. Just because they have Brawn on board (granted he knows his stuff!) doesnt mean that they'll be good overnight. You need a lot more than one person to make a team good! If Button didnt try to wiggle his way out of his contract a few years ago and did it properly he would be in a better team now challenging for points at least. As a result, team bosses now dont trust him so he kinda shot himself in the foot...

Coss

newbiecrg said:
Anyone going to Silverstone?

Pedro

Yep, I'm there for three days too, can't wait , I've been an armchair F1 fan for years but this is the first time I'm going to see it for real:thumbsup:

willnabby said:
Yep, I'm there for three days too, can't wait , I've been an armchair F1 fan for years but this is the first time I'm going to see it for real:thumbsup:
You will 100% love it mate...but seriously take some ear plugs, you will love the noise to start with but trust me its SOOOO loud, :faint: :hubbahubba:

I'm going to take some proper ear defenders, headphone style because I lost the hearing completly in my right ear a couple of years ago (too many years stood near the big sub at gatecrasher lol:music: ) so I can't afford the left one going or I'll be up **** creek.

forgot too say before, from a good sourse ive been informed that VW/Audi are thinking about having a F1 team for around the 2011 F1

That'll be interesting. Mosley drafted up some new regs for a few years time. Some of which are re-newable sources of energy, cars which have smaller, turbo'd engines which run on bio-diesel and have 4WD. He sent a letter off to all current teams and one to the VW/Audi group to see if they were interested.

Does it still cost a packet to go see an F1 race? I once looked into going to Silverstone a few years ago when I cared more about F1, price put me right off, been going to motorbike racing ever since cos its a lot cheaper!! You can go see a MotoGP race meet for under £50 at Donnington, they're effing loud too, especially when your behind one doing a burn out during the post race track invasions!!

For my 2 pennies I dont think Hamilton will be giving up easy, certainly dont expect Alonso to win again, can see the red "posh fiats" being there again at the flag.

I was thinking of signing up to www.f1dreamteam.com to try and make this seasons F1 a bit more interesting.

you get a £100 million fantasy budget to buy drivers and constructors, and you win prizes throughout the season, £6 quid to join.

cant be bad