Extreme Parking

Am I taking parking our new X3 a bit too far lol

f4D5EXZl.jpg
No but parking it on an Audi forum is I think...:haha:

Colour is bang on though:thumbs up:

Reactions: CHEZ, Andy F and Bristle Hound
Just found this picture. Isn't it a nice parking place?

Extreme parking 4

Reactions: daytonamart, jrumball, JohnM100 and 1 other person
Found a special space for the AA to leave my broken car at the dealership.....

0E19AEEB 8A1E 45D3 B083 7D89D190259B

Reactions: A4A4, BarryG79, Bishop187 and 4 others
I normally don't do things like that but been forced. Forced by people using designated parking spots for their own pleasure and ease.
Perfectly fit person park on disabled badge holder space or a van taking parental spot.
After two spine operations, I cannot twist and bend in between the car and doors, in order to put my kids in their car seats, buckle them up or undo them, with mind not to ding my own or elses vehicle.

Went to the top floor and chosen these two bays, as far away from stairs or lift as possible.
No one cared, I think.
Well, wifey wasn't chuffed
684a9b25c33e9bc5557d1308cbc068d3.jpg

Sent from H P20 PRO

Reactions: Pinky1959, daytonamart, Audi Bairn and 2 others
Worth a longer walk to get to cineworld.

Came back later and the overflow carpark was rammed.

IMG 20191227 220127

Reactions: JohnM100, daytonamart, Audi Bairn and 1 other person
Made sure I got a good space in the hotel car park, perfect lighting for the CCTV too:footy:

707D3011 4B6A 445B 897A 1E3DA0BC024F

Are you back in an S3?

Sent from my HD1913 using Tapatalk
I am indeed, have been swapped back for about 2 months now, I’ve gone full circle and in pretty much the same spec as my original S3 apart from mag ride and front sensors... I got an offer on my S5 when I looked at selling at £500 less than what I paid 6months prior and after covering 8,000 miles it was too good to turn down, especially as I needed 4 new tyres and a service shortly.

Managed to find my 17 reg S3 with 2 years approved warranty for a decent price and got a good end of month discount, so it’s all worked out well. I’ve not put many photos up yet as it doesn’t get detailed till the end of Jan but I’ve done a few little mods so far in the meantime

Last edited:
Reactions: Adam14
Found this picture of a pair of Minis getting ready to make more....
6ec92c56c7c5ef0ce3fc3e9e0d07e6d6.jpg

Reactions: Pinky1959, Audi Bairn, S32B and 5 others
Found this nice place at a local grocery store last week :)

Extreme parking 5

Reactions: Audi Bairn, w.h.i.p.p.e.t, JohnM100 and 3 others
This selfish mofo
Screenshot 20200108 160312 Photos

Reactions: Audi Bairn, daytonamart and Bells
...see now, I'd have concerns about what those access doors are used for. Is someone going to be coming past with something bulky, or some sort of trolley :frowning:

Would have hedged my bet and gone closer to the concrete post :tearsofjoy:
No worries, I know this place :) The door in front of the lot is a stare case to upper floors (there are apartments on the second and the third floor of the building) and the exit perhaps a fire exit. But it's unlikely that anybody will use it as there is an elevator 20 m to the left.

Reactions: w.h.i.p.p.e.t
Another example of extreme parking at a pet shop. I placed my car between flagpoles at the farthest end of a parking lot.

Extreme parking 6

Reactions: daytonamart and Audi Bairn
No worries, I know this place :) The door in front of the lot is a stare case to upper floors (there are apartments on the second and the third floor of the building) and the exit perhaps a fire exit. But it's unlikely that anybody will use it as there is an elevator 20 m to the left.
Ah ok, seems safe then :)

Another example of extreme parking at a pet shop. I placed my car between flagpoles at the farthest end of a parking lot.

View attachment 196121
You certainly can't forget where you left it here :) But what if there's some flagpole maintenance required? There could be a truck and all sorts...

Your mind works like mine whippet. If I'd parked there, I'd be thinking about the flagpoles too. Not so much maintenance but more the fact they may fall over LOL

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Reactions: dp_motley and w.h.i.p.p.e.t
Your mind works like mine whippet. If I'd parked there, I'd be thinking about the flagpoles too. Not so much maintenance but more the fact they may fall over LOL

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

Good point, should've checked the wind direction and gone to the right dp_motley :)

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Might not be the best place to park ?
Glenfarg

Reactions: CHEZ, Bells, pburv and 2 others
A912 On a frosty morning, Bridge of Earn to The Bein Inn . The River Farg is about 5ft to the right.

Reactions: Audi Bairn
Oooft! That road looks kinda familiar Alistair, where's that?

A912 On a frosty morning, Bridge of Earn to The Bein Inn . The River Farg is about 5ft to the right.

lol how strange, when I saw the pic I thought "Scotland" it looked like the exact place I saw a car that had left the road and parked in the bushes a few years back....it's not though :)

Reactions: Alistair D and Audi Bairn
Yeah, it is a typical Scottish scene.
The speed limit on that road was recently reduced from 60mph to 40mph, but still managed to catch them out.

Reactions: pburv, S32B and Audi Bairn
Parking advice in central Coventry.

I'll be going to Coventry at the weekend (Sunday) for the first time. Can anyone recommended a good car park without risking damaging my car and alloy wheels?

Parking advice in central Coventry.

I'll be going to Coventry at the weekend (Sunday) for the first time. Can anyone recommended a good car park without risking damaging my car and alloy wheels?
I can't for certain but nowadays I use an app/website called JustPark. Can get a private parking space on someone's driveway for less than a car park and usually a decent location.

Reactions: daytonamart and Bells
I can't for certain but nowadays I use an app/website called JustPark. Can get a private parking space on someone's driveway for less than a car park and usually a decent location.

Really, you would leave your pride & joy on a strangers driveway?
Not a chance, what if it’s damaged or worst scenario stolen where do go from there. Not sure how your insurance will react.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Not a chance, what if it’s damaged or worst scenario stolen where do go from there. Not sure how your insurance will react.

That's why you have dashcams. Never had a single issue, it's better than leaving it in a car park where someone can ding it.
I usually try and find a private space that's rented out.

Wouldn't matter for insurance as that's left as home for overnight and office car park which is correct. Car would be locked etc

Reactions: Bells

Exactly the same as using a carpark? Or parking on the side of the road? Never seen an insurance clause that says you can only park at home or work...

Reactions: Bells and Adam14
Exactly the same as using a carpark? Or parking on the side of the road? Never seen an insurance clause that says you can only park at home or work...
Same as parking at your partners or friends I would’ve though, I’d not though of doing this before, not a bad idea to be honest

Reactions: Bryant1998
Out the way at work
ddf3fabac3225efabda8122c389364af.jpg

Sent from my SM-G975F using Tapatalk

Reactions: Potterswheel, rvtb101, CHEZ and 5 others
Has everyone else been laid off :whistle2:
I was in Morrisons early the other morning, the only available way to pay for my items was a self service thing! So I walked to the first checkout and waited! A woman came over and told me to use the self service thing, I said "No I don't like them, I'd like to be served by a person please", she opened the till and got a woman to sit at it :) I said to her those thing will put you out of a job if everyone used them, she smiled and agreed saying "All of these tills used to be open at this time in the morning, now they get everyone to start an hour later".

I see the self service things as I'm doing a job for the supermarket, why should I work for free and put someone out of a job so that the supermarket can make more profit :)

Reactions: CHEZ, JohnM100, pburv and 1 other person