Extreme Parking

martin1984

I understand and agree with this rule.....but with end spaces like this I am doubtful that a penalty could be enforced because you are not encroaching on another parking space. In fact you could say the left line is technically redundant, but is only there to keep continuity with the other lines.
If one was given a ticket then common sense would surely prevail if appealed.
I actively look for spaces like this and park exactly the same. :innocent:

P.S. In case somebody says this end space could be used for a motorcycle, it needs to have a line either side to define the space and also needs to be marked for motorcycle only use by either a sign or painted on the road.
Common sense with local council more look at leaving the e.u

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

S32B

OK so I nipped into B&M to grab a couple of bags of chippings for the garden, saw this space on the way in half covered in bushes, so I parked one down from it!

1.jpg

Looking to my left as I got out:

2.jpg

Came back 10 mins later to find this fool had parked next to me :wtf::

3.jpg

The bushes were touching his drivers door!:

4.jpg

What on earth would you be thinking to park you car there when the other side of me was 100% clear??? :blink::blink::blink:

Andy F

S3 quattro Too Darn Soulful ! Get you some a that!
Audi Drivers lol

AlS3BE

OK so I nipped into B&M to grab a couple of bags of chippings for the garden, saw this space on the way in half covered in bushes, so I parked one down from it!

View attachment 190371

View attachment 190375

View attachment 190373

View attachment 190374

What on earth would you be thinking to park you car there when the other side of me was 100% clear??? :blink::blink::blink:

Happens to me all the time. Normally it’s a massive monster truck like a q7 or Range Rover even though I’m miles away from the entrance with 1000 spaces either side of me. It’s normally 2 inches from my wing mirror as well the buggers

Audi Bairn

Staff member
Gold Supporter

View attachment 190371

View attachment 190375

View attachment 190373

View attachment 190374

An audi owner too!!

S32B

And again! Unbelievable :wtf:

Went out for a pub lunch with the wife and her mum, parked around the back as far away as I could! came back to this :blink:

hmmm.jpg

L_G

Usual spot was taken, but I noticed a car parked at the end of another row which had parked leaving a helpful gap which could be taken advantage of (it looks narrower in the photo but there was space to open the driver's door fully)

parking.jpg

S32B

Not so much extreme parking, but extremely stupid driver!

Saw what was going on here so I waited! The moron coming up behind me had other ideas!!!

I would have loved for the truck to have smashed his car up :D Some people haven't got a minute to live!

Adam14

Saw what was going on here so I waited! The moron coming up behind me had other ideas!!!

I would have loved for the truck to have smashed his car up :D Some people haven't got a minute to live!
Christ. For the sake of what? 30 seconds. Really doesn't surprise me though, some people are just so impatient and in a rush it seems these days.

Sent from my SM-G965F using Tapatalk

Bells

Stupid, driving a lorry and doing that sort of manoeuvre is hard enough without having to watch out for idiots like that :wtf:

Jcbmally

Started with nothing & still have most of it left.

Yup, the idiot only went 10 yards past the truck and turned in anyway. Must have been desperate for a poo.

Andy F

S3 quattro Too Darn Soulful ! Get you some a that!
I get it now !
AndyF

S32B

Maidenhead Aquatics @ Carr Farm Garden Centre this morning, well out of the way of the zombies:

park.jpg

Audi Bairn

Staff member
Gold Supporter
Now there's an idea. I have no idea why it's even hatched off, great space though!
I was thinking that too - no obvious reason to me either.
Initially thinking its because its near the junction but then your space would've been hatched too in that case

S32B

S32B

The guy in the Merc was also at it :p

parking.jpg