Extreme Parking

fb1dae5f0b5ed43380bfa7496d35ec9e.jpg

Found this beauty of a space at Gunwharf Keys in Portsmouth.

Probably best car park I've ever been to. Helpful LED system to point you in direction of free spaces and very generous parking bays.

Used this one a few times as no other car spaces near it :)

Reactions: Mojave96, Martinbanshee, Simon L and 2 others
It's good but my only concern would be if that's the main door to the exit! Wayyy too many people passing it :D

I was reverse parking before and a bloke with two young girls (one either side holding his hands) were walking towards me at an angle across the car park. I had just finished parking as they reached me, the girl on his right was waving her right hand around and singing, as she passed the front of my car she tapped my bonnet twice!!! Her dad never said a word :blink:

Reactions: umm
Nope it's a fire exit. And you will note I could park back 2-3 metres to get away from it if needs be :)

Kids (bless them) are always the worst in car parks. Saw a few weeks a kid going back to his car on a metal scooter with Dad following on behind. Kid falls over and scrapes the handle bar on some poor sods MG 6.

Dad didn't seem to care!

Nope it's a fire exit. And you will note I could park back 2-3 metres to get away from it if needs be :)

Kids (bless them) are always the worst in car parks. Saw a few weeks a kid going back to his car on a metal scooter with Dad following on behind. Kid falls over and scrapes the handle bar on some poor sods MG 6.

Dad didn't seem to care!
That's the point - kids don't know any different, but the parents should foresee the potential for damage to happen and take proactive action. Why do the general public have such little consideration for other people's (generally very expensive) property? You wouldn't go round someone's house and put a big scratch down their front door, walk into their lounge with muddy boots on then scuff the oak coffee table as you sat down so why can't people have some ****** respect for cars?!

Reactions: Mojave96, albu and Pulp84
fb1dae5f0b5ed43380bfa7496d35ec9e.jpg

Found this beauty of a space at Gunwharf Keys in Portsmouth.

Probably best car park I've ever been to. Helpful LED system to point you in direction of free spaces and very generous parking bays.

Used this one a few times as no other car spaces near it :)
Car's looking great into the bargain

Reactions: Pulp84

Dad didn't seem to care!

That's good then ;)

As for kids...don't like them full stop :p

Why do the general public have such little consideration for other people's (generally very expensive) property?
It's called jealousy in most cases!

Reactions: Simon L, Martinbanshee, Matthew_S3 and 2 others
I Park miles away from others on purpose
I can virtually guarantee a silver safira will be parked millimetres if not microns from me on my return
My car is a shed magnet
Simple as.
I do however take a photo, should I find a ding or scrape

Reactions: albu, irowpod, xBox and 2 others
Parking spaces haven't increased in size since the 50s when cars were much smaller. If I was PM I'd pass a law requiring all parking spaces to be like the mother and child spaces at the supermarket, with a 1 metre buffer zone on each side of the car. I'd also reintroduce the death penalty for anyone inflicting damage on a car through general carelessness, ignorance or jealousy.

Edit: and introduce minimum 50mph speed limits on A roads. Anyone doing 37 in a 60 automatically gets 3 points and a £500 fine. £750 if they drive a Micra.

Reactions: hopgop1, Matty_, zaka7 and 11 others
I think I've seen you Jaypers....I'm in South cheshire with a Sepang S3...and my best mate also has the identical car....in South cheshire...we should meet up for a blast! Don't think that's us in the pic though lol...seems to be a popular colour.
I get to park in parent toddler bays but when the little man isn't with me...I sometimes don't even park in a space...I park on the road and walk in.

Blue badge is the way forward...have you seen the size of some of those spaces!!! (Nothing too serious though) :p

Reactions: irowpod
Don't even get me started on parking tickets from ukcps
Got, 1 other month
Yeah well there not the police or the council so legally cannot enforce a fine!

They try and and give it the big old scare tactics, but really they can't do jack!
All correspondence binned

This made me smile today, I came back to my car (which was parked out of the way) to find a VW Golf had parked near me, even though we were out of the way s/he wasn't taking any chances of anyone squeezing between us :D

IMG 2667

Last edited:
Reactions: irowpod and voorhees
This made me smile laugh today, I came back to my car (which was parked out of the way) to find a VW Golf had parked near me, even though we were out of the way s/he wasn't taking any chances of anyone squeezing between us :D

View attachment 69752
Some to$$er with a Fiat 500 will be parked in there before long!

Reactions: albu, irowpod, Jassyo06 and 1 other person
I guarantee someone will park near me by the time I get back to the car...

R

Reactions: millsy4002, irowpod, jaypers777 and 2 others
Yes pdr removal is the same regardless of car make , but it's a little green Daypoo .

Some of these parking spaces are massive. You lot would hate trying to park your cars in Bath, which is my nearest big town. This is my old Golf in a typical Bath parking space. NB, I got there early doors, so the car park would've been rammed by the time I got back to the car later on.

Reactions: Pulp84
Some of these parking spaces are massive. You lot would hate trying to park your cars in Bath, which is my nearest big town. This is my old Golf in a typical Bath parking space. NB, I got there early doors, so the car park would've been rammed by the time I got back to the car later on.

Yeah Bath Is a nightmare for parking!

I live near there too but have found the new Southgate shopping centre underground car park to be excellent.

Lots of big spaces to park the S3 in :)

Reminds me of the old multi-storey in Windsor ..... short spaces, that were so tight you needed to wind down the windows and slide out.

On the positive side, no room for anyone parked next to you to open their door with any force :-/

How weird, I'm originally from Windsor. Went to school there.

I think I've seen you Jaypers....I'm in South cheshire with a Sepang S3...and my best mate also has the identical car....in South cheshire...we should meet up for a blast! Don't think that's us in the pic though lol...seems to be a popular colour.
I get to park in parent toddler bays but when the little man isn't with me...I sometimes don't even park in a space...I park on the road and walk in.
Sounds like a good idea. Whereabouts do you think you've seen me (ball park). I know the guy in my original picture who's got the Sepang S3 too......didn't know it was his at the time. Have taken quite a few shots now of the 2 cars parked next to each other......sad I know.

Don't even get me started on parking tickets from ukcps
Got, 1 other month
Yeah well there not the police or the council so legally cannot enforce a fine!

They try and and give it the big old scare tactics, but really they can't do jack!
All correspondence binned

Is that true? They can't enforce a ticket - so you can just throw it away?

Apparently so
Loads and loads on tinternet about it and basically the advice is don't respond to them.
I am currently ignoring one at the minute

this thread has really made me laugh....psychos the lot of you! see you in the loony bin hahahaha

Reactions: Ben Daniel Grant
I always park in a corner so I don't get a car parked either side of me. Reduces the risk of the side getting dinged by 50%.

Reactions: S32B
Loooool after seeing this thread, I feel normal

Reactions: albu
I always park in a corner so I don't get a car parked either side of me. Reduces the risk of the side getting dinged by 50%.

lol my thoughts exactly ;) Not sure if I've posted this one before:

Wife wanted me to park right outside the hotel = RISK :)

Risk

I decided to take the safer option ;)

Safe

Reactions: albu, Pulp84, Bristle Hound and 2 others
lol my thoughts exactly ;) Not sure if I've posted this one before:

Wife wanted me to park right outside the hotel = RISK :)

View attachment 70174

I decided to take the safer option ;)

View attachment 70175
Although there is a high risk of tree sap parking there. And that's a bitch to get off once it's baked on.

Someone needs to invent some Star Trek-style force shields to keep clumsy/malicious/oblivious people at bay.

If I can't park directly outside my house, as it's on street parking, I will park a mile away at my mums and walk home.

Ain't no way I'm parking elsewhere.

Although there is a high risk of tree sap parking there. And that's a bitch to get off once it's baked on.
That was the best spot to avoid the trees! The rest were like this (pic below):

.....looks like your right next to a secluded pathway to me..................definitely minus points for that 'safe' parking! ;)

No path :) I even looked under the tarpaulin to see that it hadn't recently been used lol :D

Attachments

• tree.jpg
    tree.jpg
    345.2 KB · Views: 343
Reactions: James_TDi, Pulp84, Simon L and 1 other person
I have a dilemma when going abroad on holiday...

Option 1: take the A3, drive 100 miles to Stansted in luxury, then spend the entire holiday worrying about my car.

Option 2: take the Corsa, drive 100 miles to Stansted with ropey steering, wallowy suspension and a 0-60 time of 3.5 weeks but enjoy the holiday and hope with a bit of luck someone has written off/stolen the Corsa while I've been away.

Option 3: holiday in this county and drive. Then fret about parking it anywhere.

Option 4: just don't go on holiday and have a week at home detailing the car.

Reactions: V6_Man, James_TDi, richinsoton and 2 others

Option 1: take the A3, drive 100 miles to Stansted in luxury, then spend the entire holiday worrying about my car.

Option 2: take the Corsa, drive 100 miles to Stansted with ropey steering, wallowy suspension and a 0-60 time of 3.5 weeks but enjoy the holiday and hope with a bit of luck someone has written off/stolen the Corsa while I've been away.

Option 3: holiday in this county and drive. Then fret about parking it anywhere.

:tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy::tearsofjoy:

Muttley75 said:

lol done two holidays this year, one in Scotland and one in Cornwall...both with the car.

Cornwall in July was nice on the coast, but very busy everywhere and a nightmare to park! Once inland you could be anywhere though...it's nothing special. Scotland in June was a different ball game altogether, everywhere we went was breathtaking, parking was fine as June is out of season, we'll certainly be going back next year even though the car does get like this :D:

Dirty1

Parking in Scotland ;)

Scotpark

Reactions: Pulp84, Muttley75 and Kings999
Saw this on Saturday morning, how do you walk away from this and think yep, that'll do.
WP 20151003 09 30 52 Pro

Reactions: Muttley75, batch, CHEZ and 1 other person

Go for option 1 but give yourself an extra 30mins to drive around the airport car park & find a good spot. If you are thinking valet parking or meet 'n greet then option 2.

Reactions: jaypers777 and Blackwhite
Good effort Fred007, but if I was being picky, 2 issues..........(1) Not an end space, and (2) Not central in the space. Yellow card from the 'Extreme Parking Audi-Sport Police' I'm afraid. :friendly wink:

Reactions: Muttley75 and Ben Daniel Grant
Good effort Fred007, but if I was being picky, 2 issues..........(1) Not an end space, and (2) Not central in the space. Yellow card from the 'Extreme Parking Audi-Sport Police' I'm afraid. :friendly wink:

You´re right, I messed it up :) But how about this time?
Thumb IMG 2880 1024

Hmm......what about the risk of side impact from anyone reversing out of the angled spaces opposite? I actually quite like angled spaces as a concept as if designed correctly, as it makes door impact from other cars highly unlikely. I've thought about this subject a lot over the years, but sure you can probably tell.

Reactions: PanamaS3 and S32B