Extravagant purchase

marriedblonde

Reaction score
As the title says what extravagant purchases have you made?

I'm not talking about your cars, alloys, big turbo conversations etc as I would deem these essentials :)

Should make interesting reading :)

J.

32" Phillips flat screen and a PS3 have been the latest purchases. Always spending fortunes on clothes but i deem those to be essentials lol.

1k on something which goes on my wrist a total of about twelve hours a week

Omega Speedmaster 'Schumacher Edition'

32" HD LCD for my bedroom

Another 32" HD LCD for my kitchen

Linn/B&W Hi-Fi for my living room

Silly Home Cinema set up for my Cinema Room...including silly expensive cables etc.

A Master Replica 'Light Sabre' for my Cinema. Don't ask...
I want a 'Stormtrooper' helmet for in there too!

Spending £2000 on a Mountain bike...to do about 50 miles on...
Then spending another £1000 on 'upgrades'. And doing less than 30 miles since.

As others the obligatory 32" LCD TV, acoustic guitar (same as Corien Baily Rae's :rolleyes: ) and a bedroom suite on the wife's orders!!

God I must be the only one without a decent sized LCD or plasma! I've got a 20" on the wall in the dining room and another in the bedroom. I want to get a plasma but Claire wants to move so I am worried that I'll get one now and in 6-12months time will move to bigger pad and need a bigger screen to fill the lounge...

Ok the reason for the post was because I went shopping for a new pair of shoes for my little boy (his feet hadn't grown so didn't need any). Opposite the shoe shop is a bang and olufsen shop, against my better judgement I decided to pop in for a little look around thinking having sam in my arms (he's only 16 months old) would stop me really paying too much attention. I left the shop 5 minutes later... I bought myself a new mobile phone...

J.

marriedblonde said:
God I must be the only one without a decent sized LCD or plasma! I've got a 20" on the wall in the dining room and another in the bedroom. I want to get a plasma but Claire wants to move so I am worried that I'll get one now and in 6-12months time will move to bigger pad and need a bigger screen to fill the lounge...

Ok the reason for the post was because I went shopping for a new pair of shoes for my little boy (his feet hadn't grown so didn't need any). Opposite the shoe shop is a bang and olufsen shop, against my better judgement I decided to pop in for a little look around thinking having sam in my arms (he's only 16 months old) would stop me really paying too much attention. I left the shop 5 minutes later... I bought myself a new mobile phone...

J.

Can't leave it there lol .......

Randomjim said:
Did you get a nemo fish? lol

Nope.
half.gif

3 and a half grand mountain bike, same on a road bike, built a sauna in my garden last year another 3k, remote control chopper, cant fly to save my life, bust one of the rotors, up in loft awaiting summer so i can repair. 2 42 inch plasma, one in br and 32 inch in loft room for x box. cant make my mind up whether to put bath with jets n lites in house or hot tub in garden ????????

In the last year, I have treated myself to an Omega Speedmaster watch as I've always wanted one. :) And for the household, I purchased a Panasonic 42" Plasma.

Over the past few months i bought.

A 40inc Sony Bravia 1080p lcd TV
A HD-DVD player
PS3
Media streamer ( streams movies, photos, music , ect stored on my computer wirelessly to my Tv , can surf the net wirelessly on my tele, ect )
New wireless router
AV Rack
Silly priced leads and cables

Some DJ gear
Amp
Speakers
Mixing decks
Mixer

And a S3

p

jojo said:
I purchased a Panasonic 42" Plasma.
Me too,a 1080p to replace the 37" LCD which is now in the bedroom(looks daft in there so will probably flog it) and a HD DVD-HDD recorder and all the expensive ****** leads,which i didnt know about.
What a picture though.:hubbahubba:

Omega Seamaster + I'm am about to blow £11,500 on 7th of march on a new motorbike which I would deem essential but my wife would call extravagant.

A new Tag Heuer watch and a top of the range Sony Vaio laptop!

32" Samsung HDTV and an Xbox 360 which I wish i didnt get as it gets no love due to my PC which I just bought a 22" Samsung monitor for

Omega Speedmaster.. with a lovely orange strap!

is everyone buying these watches..? haha

Additonally 120quid Orange nike football boots the other day.. (they're quicker than a bugatti according to christiano ronaldo)

Sod all. I spent more on the Blue Thunder last year than I earned after tax.

Maybe next year!

Nothing yet this year, but will be getting a 24" iMac in the not too distant future.

marriedblonde said:
As the title says what extravagant purchases have you made?

J.
I bought some mudflaps for my missus as a Xmas present once, she was not impressed. The nxt year gave her a Halfrauds catalogue in November and told her to choose her own present!!
:icon_thumright:

Sam-K said:
Omega Speedmaster.. with a lovely orange strap!

is everyone buying these watches..? haha

Additonally 120quid Orange nike football boots the other day.. (they're quicker than a bugatti according to christiano ronaldo)

Proper Tango'd

My next extravagant purchase is going to be a Nintendo Wii, sick of going to friends and families places to play on one, just got to wait for my local Argos to get some in stock first.

Just wanted to add that some things are extravagant to some people, some are not, Nintendo Wii's @£180 are dirt cheap compared to PS3 and Xbox360, but it's fun, and my kid will love it!

32" Philips TV, Ps3, xbox 360, 7.1 sound system for it

before i got the car of course as now am skint

Ivf,prams,cot,carseat,nursery paint,carpet,curtains,tiny clothes....fantastic:o.k:
Also an eternity ring to give too the Mrs on delivery of our first born! And a freelander2 to transport the nipper and all his junk.

Along with everyone else it seems, my most extravagant purchases have been

Omega Seamaster
Omega Speedmaster
Hitachi Platara 42" Telly
And the mrs has just made me spend £1000 on a table:wtf:

marriedblonde said:
Are you talking about a watch you only wear at the weekends?
yep
Omega Seamaster (like everyone else on here!)

£500 laptop
2x xbox 360's
42" panasonic plasma
2x 20" toshiba lcd's
these are what I have bought last year

In terms of income Vs expenditure I probably spent more when I was student than my working life. Most of my money went towards computer hardware.

£1300 on a brand new laptop. 133Mhz pentium 1 with 16MB RAM, massive 1.4GB hard drive. :rockwoot:

£200 just for the 4x CDROM drive docking station for above. All weighed around 5kg.

Amiga A4000/040 computer (top of the range). The circuit board got fried after a few years so I ended up spending another £400 on a replacement motherboard!

A 14" PAL monitor + 9" (yes nine inch) monitor which I hardly used.

2 x external Amiga floppy disk drives. £100 each.

2 x 4MB 72pin SIMMS, approx £120 each.

External SCSI mini tower case + 4GB SCSI DAT drive + CDROM

Ok :

Tag Huer Carrera Automatic, rather than the 'common' Omega's ! Only joking !!

50" Samsung Plasma

But the most expensive thing 'bought' or more accurately paid for recently, is a house I've just built, which cost £220k to build...

;))

Was there a group buy on omegas or something?!?!?! Can someone tell me why everyones bought one lol.

Randomjim said:
Was there a group buy on omegas or something?!?!?! Can someone tell me why everyones bought one lol.
cos you haven't one :nyah: