Extra security makes no difference

Raiden

Reaction score
Just something I’ve wondered for a few years as I’m near renewal time.

My Golf has an approved after market imobliser and the van has a ghost 2. No matter what company I ask it doesn’t bring my insurance down and none of them are bothered. Why????

Most of these after market security systems are so called insurance approved so what’s the point advertising it if it makes no difference?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My Golf has an approved after market imobliser and the van has a ghost 2. No matter what company I ask it doesn’t bring my insurance down and none of them are bothered. Why????

Most of these after market security systems are so called insurance approved so what’s the point advertising it if it makes no difference?

Could it be that the rate of thefts of your particular vehicles is low, thus causing the insurance algorithms be less interested in security devices?

Same with me, dashcam don’t make a difference even though it’s an option for security devices.
I have no difference parking my s3 on drive or street either. Maybe low crime rate or less Desirable cars.

Aload of people on Facebook have all said whenever they ask the insurance company is not interested.

Adrian Flux did ask me but my approved system made no difference they said

Sent from my iPhone using TapatIjust a get out of jail free ca

I think it gives them excuses to get out of paying up. For example you tell them you've got CCTV on your driveway and a thatcham approved security bollard. Then your car gets stolen in the daytime when your less likely to have your security bollard up the insurance company will use that against you.

Hi.
When you're ready if you do need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Hi.
When you're ready if you do need any help with insurance at all then please feel free to drop me a line.
Regards,
Dan.

Gave you guys a go. Over £100 more than Admiral.

You where probably the closest but no one can get near them

My RS has a cobra tracker onboard, but the subscription is £100pa. this would get me a maximum discount of 10% on my insurance, so a £30 saving. What’s the point?

Reactions: Raiden