1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

External trim restoration

maxpayne Jun 2, 2018

1. maxpayne

maxpayne Active Member

Hi,
    The various black trims (window seals, B pillar etc.) have become a bit faded on our 2005 A3 (probably a side effect of all the trips to £5 car washes) and I was wondering what’s the best way to get the shine back?

I had some TurtleWax trim wax that I used but it’s not that great to be honest. Anything else you’d recommend?

Thanks.

2. Avatar

Google AdSense Advertisement

3. scotty76

scotty76 Well-Known Member Team Phantom Audi S4

Something like CarPro DLUX would probably do...

maxpayne and Bristle Hound like this.
  4. jassyo06

jassyo06 Voodoo Man ! Gold Supporter Audi S3 Black Edition Porsche Voodoo Blue S3 Saloon

Or Gtechniq C4 permanent trim restorer

maxpayne likes this.
  5. Bristle Hound

Bristle Hound Moderator Staff Member Moderator MQB Platform

maxpayne likes this.
  6. maxpayne

maxpayne Active Member

Thank you everyone for the suggestions. I think I’ll start with the Gummi stuff. I’m also going to ask TPS to see how much some of the trim costs as it could be a viable option too!

7. Adeel43

Adeel43 Active Member

Gummi Pfledge wont work. It is mainly for rubber seals and does a brilliant job of it. Go for the other options...wont be disappointed!

Sent from my SM-N950F using Tapatalk

Taxboy and jassyo06 like this.
  8. teamspb

teamspb Active Member

To throw a real wild card out there, try teak oil, £4 for a liter or half a liter...results are amazing and lasts very well...im on the same bottle that I bought about 2 years ago...on the weekend, I put two layers on my Mk3 Golf which was near enough white!! They were so bad! But they look like new now!

Highly recommended from me...will post some pics when I can get them off my phone

maxpayne likes this.
  9. S32B

S32B Well-Known Member Audi A5 S tronic Coupe