External lights always defaults back to Auto?

KXL

Reaction score
I'm guessing this is normal where despite turing the light switch pressed to side lights or off, once moving the car would automatically default back to Auto, and may turn on dipped beam (even if visually it's still too early/bright to have them on, despite me setting them to come on 'late'). In my previous cars, with old school switch, only on 'auto' this happens, but once on 0, side lights or dipped beam, it keeps tho those settings?

Reactions: DreamInCode
I'm guessing this is normal where despite turing the light switch pressed to side lights or off, once moving the car would automatically default back to Auto, and may turn on dipped beam (even if visually it's still too early/bright to have them on, despite me setting them to come on 'late'). In my previous cars, with old school switch, only on 'auto' this happens, but once on 0, side lights or dipped beam, it keeps tho those settings?
I hadn't noticed if it defaults to this, as I've been happy to leave it on auto. There is a setting in the MMI menu for adjusting the sensitivity of what level of darkness triggers the light, I believe

I hadn't noticed if it defaults to this, as I've been happy to leave it on auto. There is a setting in the MMI menu for adjusting the sensitivity of what level of darkness triggers the light, I believe
Worth noting that the auto setting is also required for the entry / exit lights to work after dark

Not gonna lie, when i noticed this i was like .. wtf ... but the more i think about it the more it makes sense.
Probably will be able to code to not act like this.