Exterior door trim

rob v6

Learning the VAG way
Reaction score
evening how is everyone?

does any one know if it possible to replace the trim at the bottom of the door (exterior) and how much it is either main dealer or else where or if something else can be fitted ie from a newer sline.

Think front door is about £20 and rear about £15 from audi. you can get s4 ones but very expensive and wouldnt work right without the skirts etc. What doors do you need the trims for? Ijust took all mine off and they are ok,2 are about a year old.

all of them need replacing as the metal runner that is inside the strip has gone rotten and does not clip onto the door properley

I'll check all mine later and see what the back of them are like. 2 I know are like new anyway.

Funny you should say that mine are gone aswell on all doors and also the rear drivers door trim has gone to the one thats half way up the door any one know how much they are thanks

They're prone to rust and rot from the inside. The replacement trims are a newer design made of hard plastic inside. There's quite a fair number of b5s I've seen with at least one of the trims removed, leaving behind a row of white clips.

I've had all my door trims and clips removed, dremelled the studs, patched up the holes. All my trims were colour keyed, therefore it wasn't worth replacing a single trim and respraying it. It even looks better than before.

Last edited:
They're prone to rust and rot from the inside. The replacement trims are a newer design made of hard plastic inside. There's quite a fair number of b5s I've seen with at least one of the trims removed, leaving behind a row of white clips.

I've had all my door trims and clips removed, dremelled the studs, patched up the holes. All my trims were colour keyed, therefore it wasn't worth replacing a single trim and respraying it. It even looks better than before.

have you got any pics butty

have you got any pics butty

The sills and door trims had already been painted. This is how it looks without the door trims & corner trims.

Those holes in the corner will be patched up as of next week.

Dsc04242.jpg

Dsc04239.jpg

Dsc04623.jpg

This is how it looked before with the trims on:

zDSC00006.jpg

Last edited:
I need to replace mine too, is the £18 from euro car parts just for the outer trim? Or all the necisary parts to replace? Some donkey **** who owned my A4 has screwed the driver door one on with a self tapping screw!! Looks ****** awful.