Extended Warranty

p90dly

Reaction score
Hi all,
Our car turns 3 in January and il considering extending the warranty on the car with Audi? Just wanted to know peoples thoughts and experiences with this.

Extended is usually ok, although its kinda not as complete as the original, best to ask what it doesn't cover from the original warranty & get in writing to cover yourself.

Expect to fight every time you need to use extended warranty in my experience. I have had 2x 4 figure failures in 9 months on my 3 year old RS.

Are you extending the warranty with the original garage you bought it from?

Extended is usually ok, although its kinda not as complete as the original, best to ask what it doesn't cover from the original warranty & get in writing to cover
Expect to fight every time you need to use extended warranty in my experience. I have had 2x 4 figure failures in 9 months on my 3 year old RS.

Are you extending the warranty with the original garage you bought it from?
I’m dreading your reply, but I’m the 2nd owner, bought it at the beginning of this year. Believe the original dealership was bath audi, no where near us as where in Surrey so will be a dealership round this way.

p.s. what were you claims? Why did they try to avoid paying your claims? (Other than the obvious reason they don’t want to pay if they can get away with it) and how easy were they to fight??

apoligies for all The questions........

There's 2 levels if cover, named or comprehensive. I'd always go comprehensive even if you up the excess.
I claimed on an approved warranty about 8 years ago over a very slight whirring noise on the gearchange from second to third. They put a new gearbox in without hesitation and since then I've always extended it.
I think as warranties go the Audi one is as good as you can get tbh.

Hi all,
Our car turns 3 in January and il considering extending the warranty on the car with Audi? Just wanted to know peoples thoughts and experiences with this.

Save the money, tune it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I’m dreading your reply, but I’m the 2nd owner, bought it at the beginning of this year. Believe the original dealership was bath audi, no where near us as where in Surrey so will be a dealership round this way.

p.s. what were you claims? Why did they try to avoid paying your claims? (Other than the obvious reason they don’t want to pay if they can get away with it) and how easy were they to fight??

apoligies for all The questions........
Same as you im miles away so bought the extended warranty from the franchise dealership. So then if you ever have an issue my advice would be never go to a competing Audi franchise as they’ll look for any way to “void” your warranty to persuade you into feeling that you have to pay for the work. I say void loosely as both times I sent my car off for a second opinion from a garage from within the franchise which my warranty was connected to and it appeared not to be void at all.

In terms of the faults it was the squeaky exhaust valves leading to a new exhaust system. Most recently it was a scraping sound over 25mph leading to a replacement bevel box!