Extended warranty

gforrow

Reaction score
Wife's A4 has just passed 3 years old, 22,000 miles. Looking at getting an extended warranty, reading the booklet and there seems to be little between all components, and named components.

Both exclude servicing and usual wear and tear.

For the difference in price, about £70 for the year, is all components worth it? Is there anything likely to fail that would need all components? Want to avoid any future arguments with the dealer. Car has full Audi history.

Got until the end of the month to purchase, so after some advice from those that have purchased one or the other. Anyone bought named components and got caught out, and wished they had all components?

Cheers

Wife's A4 has just passed 3 years old, 22,000 miles. Looking at getting an extended warranty, reading the booklet and there seems to be little between all components, and named components.

Both exclude servicing and usual wear and tear.

For the difference in price, about £70 for the year, is all components worth it? Is there anything likely to fail that would need all components? Want to avoid any future arguments with the dealer. Car has full Audi history.

Got until the end of the month to purchase, so after some advice from those that have purchased one or the other. Anyone bought named components and got caught out, and wished they had all components?

Cheers
I would say for the hassle go for all components for peace of mind

Reactions: gforrow
Agreed, even with a £100 excess it was useful to have all components when the brake servo sensor had to be replaced on y car

Reactions: gforrow
I had the brake servo sensor warning flash up too. However, the whole brake servo had to be replaced, not just the sensor. £1500, so the warranty extension more than paid for itself. With these cars, I wouldn’t hesitate to get the broadest cover possible.

Last week mine went in to have the rear washer fixed. The nozzles appeared to be blocked and probing them with a needle made no difference. Turns out it was something beyond the nozzles, but part of the rear wiper so I had to have a new rear wiper motor, just to clear the blocked nozzles. £268, but the warranty didn’t cover it as they reckoned the cause was the washer fluid I’d been using - Morrisons finest. OK, so I lost out on that one, but I’ll extend the warranty for as long as I can

Reactions: gforrow and cuke2u
I have had extended warranties on my current A4 and previous A3 (All Component cover). I find that more often than not the cost of the extended warranty pays for itself with peace of mind and unexpected/expensive repairs .. for example an AdBlue Control unit I had to get replaced a few months back which wouldve been a £700+ bill all covered nicely under warranty. I dont take any chances anymore, too much can go wrong :)

Yeah not worth skimping on full cover for just £70, one claim will pay for itself.

My Dad’s A3 warranty expired and a few weeks later his lights started playing up and not dipping, needed a whole new electrical control unit... over 3k parts and labour. Luckily I’d told him to take extended warranty which he had done, £100 excess paid and a big sigh of relief :sweatsmile:

Reactions: gforrow and Jonfun