extended LED interior lights

S32B

Reaction score
Anyone got any pics of the different colours in action? :p

Been trying to show the Mrs but have only found a blurred one so far!

PS: Can you change various areas of the car to different colours, or do they all have to be the same?

Thanks ;)

One colour for all is my understanding although this video shows the difference and you can set the contour lighting as one colour and the interior as another

The lighting looks amazing. Does anybody know if the hardware is installed by default (my S5 has all the ambinet lights but just one colour) or if there is a hardware difference between the standard ambient lighting option and the multi coloured option? In other words can this feature be activated via Software at a dealership (or via OBD Eleven) if it wasn't specifically factory ordered?

You can customise the light colour and brightness to different areas of the cabin. Pretty much any colour. You can also set the driving modes to different colours.

The lighting looks amazing. Does anybody know if the hardware is installed by default (my S5 has all the ambinet lights but just one colour) or if there is a hardware difference between the standard ambient lighting option and the multi coloured option? In other words can this feature be activated via Software at a dealership (or via OBD Eleven) if it wasn't specifically factory ordered?

I too would like to know this but alas I'm unsure there are many people playing much with OBDEleven to see if it is possible. The official forums are deader than here. :( and the only activity seems to be optimistic people asking if xyz can be changed.

I will say I got the extended pack with the matrix pack and to be honest some colours are not as bright as others e.g. The blue is much brighter than the red even when at the same lighting level

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

You can customise the light colour and brightness to different areas of the cabin. Pretty much any colour. You can also set the driving modes to different colours.
How to customise the light?
Talk to audi dealer ?
Thank you

我從使用 Tapatalk 的 SM-G930F 發送

I've had a look at this and I think the extended LED has additional lights in the front doors above the door handle/trim? I might be wrong but the videos seem to show this additional piece of lighting.

Other than that, the led strips MAY be codable into the MMI but I don't know for sure.

We need some one with VCDS to see if they can find anything in the coding to indicate that you can turn on/off "extended LED"

Alternatively someone to tell us that there are two door cards to order - standard and ExLED

I originally spec'd ExLED but it would have meant a factory order and nasty tax so it was an option that I had to forgo!

I have the extended kit in my car I will share a video on it tomorow

I've read on my travels today that the extended LED's use a different/extra connector in the car or something so it isn't something which can be coded into obd11/vcds :(

Part one

Reactions: Buck
And here is the 2nd part

Some may not be able to be seen due to the camera phones poor pickup but the colour also affects the trim under the rear window like the front and the footwell too

Reactions: Buck