Extended LED Interior Lights - Dim?

mjcourtney

Reaction score
So I picked up my A4 last Friday and have been tinkering around with the interior light settings. The 3 main colours (Red, Blue, White) are great, and all the LEDs changed to the colour selected - they're all nice and bright too.

However, when selecting Individual mode they all seem really dim - even with all the zones on full brightness (the footwell lights seem to vary from off to very-dim). Additionally - in Drive Select mode only the upper-most door LED trim changes colour - not all the other LEDs.

Can anyone confirm whether theirs is also dimmer in individual mode, and whether any additional lights change colour in Drive Select mode?

Cheers!

I've not really played with drive select, but individual does not seem dim to me? But then I don't like distracting light on the cabin anyhow. I set individual top purple and it is enough to reflect off the pedals in the dark. If that helps any?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I could barely tell the pedals were lit at all on individual mode - even on full brightness. There is definite difference in brightness on mine between the pre-set blue/red/white options and the individual option. Will see if I can get any photos tonight to demonstrate it.

(Although - the preset colour options don't actually switch on the footwell lights anyway so that's harder to compare).

So I picked up my A4 last Friday and have been tinkering around with the interior light settings. The 3 main colours (Red, Blue, White) are great, and all the LEDs changed to the colour selected - they're all nice and bright too.

However, when selecting Individual mode they all seem really dim - even with all the zones on full brightness (the footwell lights seem to vary from off to very-dim). Additionally - in Drive Select mode only the upper-most door LED trim changes colour - not all the other LEDs.

Can anyone confirm whether theirs is also dimmer in individual mode, and whether any additional lights change colour in Drive Select mode?

Cheers!

I tested this with someone else as well.

In individual, they can be set as bright as you want. You can set them quite bright so I definitely wouldn't say dim. Are you doing it at night? As the lights only come on if your main full beams are on. In the day even if the lights are on, they aren't very visible. Can you take some pictures?

In Drive Select. Yeah only the door trim changes, everything else stays white. and unfortunately, you can't change the colours of what the Drive Select mode sets.

Yeah testing them at night. I've tried changing the dash light brightness up with the dial by the light switch too - but that only changes the dash/MMI brightness though.

I will have another play around with it tonight and double check. Thanks for confirming the drive-select mode - shame it doesn't change all of them!

Just seen this image posted by a member on here:
20160508_213622_zpsoemuo1la.jpg

No way is mine that bright - even at night time. The footwell lights are barely visible in mine! Will have to take it into the dealer I think - seems an odd fault tho.

Reactions: h1r4
Just seen this image posted by a member on here:
20160508_213622_zpsoemuo1la.jpg

No way is mine that bright - even at night time. The footwell lights are barely visible in mine! Will have to take it into the dealer I think - seems an odd fault tho.

Hmm thats mine! I'll take a picture of my settings. I believe in the individual settings you can alter brightness once again for the footwells and side porsch separately if I remeber correctly!

Ok, so had another look. There is an overall brightness setting for individual which I'm sure I set to full last night - but was back to a low value when I checked again.

Seems to working properly now, with full brightness. Will keep an eye in it to make sure its not losing the settings.

Maybe it wasn't the lights which were dim after all.....

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Reactions: h1r4, PhxViper, Brasso and 1 other person