Extended Ambient Light Pack - Gone?

We had one on order just before they stopped fitting them, then it arrived a without them, so decided to fit our own
That looks really good! Is this compatible with the MMI ambient light menu or is it completely separate?

I have the ambient light pack but hate the fact that the footwell lights are just white…

I have the ambient light pack but hate the fact that the footwell lights areust white…
Thanks it's controlled from your phone but can scroll through colours and pulse etc I have it set to red, its not as intense as the pics it's more of a soft glow, just about to start the rears but need to know where the rear footwell light is fitted

I did have a look around and saw the kits for the previous model year were available online at a reasonable price: https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005004767208501.html?pdp_npi=2%40dis%21GBP%21£88.84%21£89.22%21%21%21%21%21%40210312cb16725290884578111e1944%2112000030396345082%21btf&_t=pvid%3Ababd488e-ed6b-43f7-82b9-e4432c44d33f&afTraceInfo=1005004767208501__pc__pcBridgePPC__xxxxxx__1672529088&spm=a2g0o.ppclist.product.mainProduct&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=GB

They are starting to appear for the current model but I could only see them in left hand drive and they were expensive….

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/1005002624056622.html?spm=a2g0o.ppclist.product.10.237dj2nhj2nhl6&pdp_npi=2%40dis%21GBP%21£610.61%21£433.53%21%21%21%21%21%40210312f516725289210188929ee7a1%2112000021446557565%21btf&_t=pvid%3A1318c91c-3a16-431a-a294-7b964ac1e3b5&afTraceInfo=1005002624056622__pc__pcBridgePPC__xxxxxx__1672528921&gatewayAdapt=glo2usa&_randl_shipto=GB

When is the a3 going to be properly specced again? It’s ridiculous how basic they are making them by not fitting the options. Surely they are losing sales now due to this

When is the a3 going to be properly specced again? It’s ridiculous how basic they are making them by not fitting the options. Surely they are losing sales now due to this
When mine arrived at the dealer I was told that it was the model I’d ordered but the spec had changed and not all the options had not been fitted.

The response I got was that I could cancel my order and get a full refund as they’d be able to sell the car no problem.

My view, that I put to the salesman, is that they may be able to sell them now but it’s going to hit them in a few years time when the people that are taking delivery now decide not to have another Audi and replace their vehicle with an alternative manufacturer.

It's only interior lights they have stopped Isn't it

Well when I last went in they had also removed parking sensors lol. Don’t know if that was only temporary though (S3) as well

I ordered the flat bottomed steering wheel, which at the time of ordering was heated but wasn't when it arrived.

The high beam assist and adaptive cruise control was also part of the standard spec when I ordered, however it required a subscription to activate it when I got the car.

I also ordered as an option the integral dash cam but that wasn’t installed either and was refunded along with ambient lighting pack.

Last edited:
Pretty sure at least one member on here had the puddle lights missing on his edition 1 that were standard when he ordered.
I also read somewhere (not sure if it was here) but someone who had ordered a RSQ3 had lost the matrix headlights with little or no compensation to the price.
They can unfortunately change the spec of the car without giving you much or any notice.
The decision to accept the car with the items missing is then down to you and in the current climate they will likely get it sold if you do reject with no trouble at all.
This sounds about right to me. My car was someone else's cancelled order.

So do all S3’s come with puddle lights? Still not clear on whether I could order an S3 and it arrive with no lights at all in the doors? Which means you can’t even buy the Audi logo lights separatly and plug in to bottom of doors?I definitely want the Audi logo puddle lights

So do all S3’s come with puddle lights? Still not clear on whether I could order an S3 and it arrive with no lights at all in the doors? Which means you can’t even buy the Audi logo lights separatly and plug in to bottom of doors?I definitely want the Audi logo puddle lights
The puddle lights are as far as I know linked to the ambient light pack which is part of the S3 spec.

The most of this thread relates to the S-line, it was an option on the S-line, however it was removed as an option when they did the model year update in Mar 22, so people who had an S-line on order at this time and had specified them ultimately didn’t get them.

Me personally, I ordered and S-Line competition in March 21 with the ambient light pack which wasn’t on the car when it arrived in October 22. Audi UK (not the dealer) looked into retro fitting them for me (even using 3rd part installers) and this was not an option, they were also prepared to order me a replacement vehicle but it was not possible to build it with the pack on in the S-line spec.

Well when I last went in they had also removed parking sensors lol. Don’t know if that was only temporary though (S3) as well
My mum's looking for an A3 sportback at the moment and there's a few cars out there that allegedly have 'comfort and sound' but actually just have the B&O, heated seats and reversing camera - no parking sensors and no advanced parking system. The corner-cutting to get these out seems crazy to me.

My mum's looking for an A3 sportback at the moment and there's a few cars out there that allegedly have 'comfort and sound' but actually just have the B&O, heated seats and reversing camera - no parking sensors and no advanced parking system. The corner-cutting to get these out seems crazy to me.
You are right, when I was looking for mine there seemed to be 2 different versions of the comfort and sound pack listed on cars, you have to be careful what you are actually going to get

You are right, when I was looking for mine there seemed to be 2 different versions of the comfort and sound pack listed on cars, you have to be careful what you are actually going to get
Ironically, it the older models that have the better spec.

They put it all down to semi conductor shortages and needing to remove spec to deal with the order bank backlog.

Not suggesting it will change, but Audi normally do model year update in March so worth keeping an eye out to see if they improve spec on new orders.

What model is she looking to buy ?
I've just looked at the online configurator and I can't see sound and comfort without parking sensors and advanced park system.
I can't see 2 different versions of sound and comfort, could you help by sending me a link please.

I'm getting worried now the car I`ve ordered will come without half the options fitted.

I've just looked at the online configurator and I can't see sound and comfort without parking sensors and advanced park system.

I can't see 2 different versions of sound and comfort, could you help by sending me a link please.

I'm getting worried now the car I`ve ordered will come without half the options fitted.
What I learnt was, they will build your car to the specification for the model year at time of build and not order, therefore you’ll get what is in the configuration now if it was to be built now or before the next model year update irrespective of the spec at the time of order.

What you need to be aware of, they will do a model year update in next couple of months, so if your vehicle is not build for a few months you more than likely get a MY24 and whatever that spec is.

What I learnt was, they will build your car to the specification for the model year at time of build and not order, therefore you’ll get what is in the configuration now if it was to be built now or before the next model year update irrespective of the spec at the time of order.

What you need to be aware of, they will do a model year update in next couple of months, so if your vehicle is not build for a few months you more than likely get a MY24 and whatever that spec is.
Thanks.
Last update I’ve had is mine is due to be built week 9 but that’s not confirmed.

This is what i wrote on a post when i was looking earlier in the year, I bought mine in September so they may have stopped doing it now but it's something to look out for....What i have noticed on Audi's used car section of the website, they have two different c and s packs listed for some cars, one with parking assist and parking system plus, B and O sound system, heated front seats and the reversing camera and one that says the c and s includes lumber support, black styling pack, extended ambient, heated front seats and cockpit plus.

Reactions: itf

You can see the two different versions of C&S here on this recent car - https://www.audi.co.uk/uk/web/en/used-car-search/details.sc_detail.R0JSMDAyNzIyMDA3OTY0=.html - it's listed as C&S without sensors and you can see neither parking button that would normally be there is on the console.

This one for sale in the UK has the 360 camera and that’s not even an option!
F9620016 DD59 4C67 9F7F AEB51EFF8941

Oh so all s3 will have the puddle lights? I was thinking of extended ambient lighting pack and not the normal ambient lighting I guess

Oh so all s3 will have the puddle lights? I was thinking of extended ambient lighting pack and not the normal ambient lighting I guess
My S3 saloon, delivered Dec 22 has puddle lights in the front doors only, just a blanking plate in the rears. The fronts were swapped out for the Audi rings by the dealer.

My S3 saloon, delivered Dec 22 has puddle lights in the front doors only, just a blanking plate in the rears. The fronts were swapped out for the Audi rings by the dealer.
Did the S3 ever have puddle lights in the rear doors?
thought only the Edition 1 and R/S got them in the rears.

My S-Line has puddle lights in the rear doors, although i did order the Extended Ambient light pack.
Car was delivered in April 2022

Did the S3 ever have puddle lights in the rear doors?
thought only the Edition 1 and R/S got them in the rears.
My S3 Vorsprung, delivered in December 2022, has puddle lights all around. This is a mistake. It's meant to have Audi Beam on the front doors. The spec sheet says so, MyAudi say so, but the dealer has sadly just shrugged his shoulders. But to the point... it does have (crap) puddle lights on the back.

My S3 Vorsprung, delivered in December 2022, has puddle lights all around. This is a mistake. It's meant to have Audi Beam on the front doors. The spec sheet says so, MyAudi say so, but the dealer has sadly just shrugged his shoulders. But to the point... it does have (crap) puddle lights on the back.
My S3 Vorsprung is in build at the moment.

Which dealer did you order with? I'll be furious if I don't get the Audi Beam as per spec and build sheet. Is it purely laziness/incompetence on the dealers part that they haven't been fitted in the PDI?

Which dealer did you order with? I'll be furious if I don't get the Audi Beam as per spec and build sheet. Is it purely laziness/incompetence on the dealers part that they haven't been fitted in the PDI?
I’m not going to mention the specific dealer.
As for what happened, who can say? The factory clearly believe they’re present. I’ve seen lots of reports that they just get left in the glove box and the dealers fail to fit them, but mine aren’t there. Perhaps they got mislaid during the PDI? Who knows.

The light from the Vorsprung Audi beams is rubbish compared to the Audi 4 rings puddle lights. As soon as my wife saw them on her S3 she said I don’t like those so I swapped them for the Audi rings instead. Did the rear doors at the same time too. Much brighter now

So just to confirm, an S3 as standard (without the extended ambient lighting pack )comes with the door cards, centre console and footwell illuminated and also puddle lights? As I’ve read all sorts on here about cars not even having footwell lights etc. I was holding out until the ext amb pack was added again but I doubt it will be so will have to go without so just wanted to check what you actually get on an s3 without this, I also read about an S3 coming without any puddle lights and just a blanking plate? I assume that was a one off error and all S3 come with puddle lights as standard?

I
So just to confirm, an S3 as standard (without the extended ambient lighting pack )comes with the door cards, centre console and footwell illuminated and also puddle lights? As I’ve read all sorts on here about cars not even having footwell lights etc. I was holding out until the ext amb pack was added again but I doubt it will be so will have to go without so just wanted to check what you actually get on an s3 without this, I also read about an S3 coming without any puddle lights and just a blanking plate? I assume that was a one off error and all S3 come with puddle lights as standard?
I ordered and S-line, not an S3 so perhaps not in the best position to advise but this is what I learnt and understand is what is being built now.

To get illuminated door cards, centre console and light strip across the dashboard you need the Ambient lighting pack, this is not an option on any model but comes as standard on the S3 vorsprung only.

I understand the S3 comes with footwell lights and front only puddle lights, anything lower (S-like and Sport) do not have these.

If you have the puddle lights you can exchange them for the illuminated rings, if no puddle lights you have no chance.

My dealer to be fair did look into retrofitting, even involved Audi Technical and the factory in Germany. Upshot was it’s a no go. The door cards don’t have a blanking plate, they have a moulded recess. The wiring looms are modular and the required wiring is not in the vehicle, even if you get the wiring and put it in, the software in the car won’t recognise it as the factory have to configure it.

You can get lots from China, but I was told by an auto electrician that you literally have to find a positive and neutral for them and operate them manually independent of the car controls.

Model year update is imminent, will be interesting to see if they change anything else. If the semiconductor issue is easing, you’d expect specs to improve.

I

I ordered and S-line, not an S3 so perhaps not in the best position to advise but this is what I learnt and understand is what is being built now.

To get illuminated door cards, centre console and light strip across the dashboard you need the Ambient lighting pack, this is not an option on any model but comes as standard on the S3 vorsprung only.

I understand the S3 comes with footwell lights and front only puddle lights, anything lower (S-like and Sport) do not have these.

If you have the puddle lights you can exchange them for the illuminated rings, if no puddle lights you have no chance.

My dealer to be fair did look into retrofitting, even involved Audi Technical and the factory in Germany. Upshot was it’s a no go. The door cards don’t have a blanking plate, they have a moulded recess. The wiring looms are modular and the required wiring is not in the vehicle, even if you get the wiring and put it in, the software in the car won’t recognise it as the factory have to configure it.

You can get lots from China, but I was told by an auto electrician that you literally have to find a positive and neutral for them and operate them manually independent of the car controls.

Model year update is imminent, will be interesting to see if they change anything else. If the semiconductor issue is easing, you’d expect specs to improve.
The Edition 1 still shows as having the extended ambient lighting pack
Hopefully I’ll find out soon.

I

I just got a new S3 last week. I have the moulded recess in the front doors where the puddle lights should be and have a box of 2 Audi rings Entry LED units that were placed in the glovebox. Do I have to get a Stanley knife and carve out the inner edge of the recess (presumably I do - but is it perforated in any way, or continuous moulding?). Assuming I do that, will there be an accessible plug on a lead through that hole to plug the unit into or do I have to pull the door card off to access it?

Seems that current S3s are getting a pack of Audi Beam rings put in the glovebox, but have no puddle lights fitted to swap out. You need to get a retrofit done is the conclusion I've come to by reading this and other threads - a loom is needed and you'll need the door card off to cut out a recess. Then you'll need to code in the "Entry lights" to active (I checked my settings on OBD11 today and they're set to inactive).

I will be looking to do this as soon as I get the looms ordered. Anyone got options on where to buy the looms from. I'm aware of Rocket - anywhere else?

I just got a new S3 last week. I have the moulded recess in the front doors where the puddle lights should be and have a box of 2 Audi rings Entry LED units that were placed in the glovebox. Do I have to get a Stanley knife and carve out the inner edge of the recess (presumably I do - but is it perforated in any way, or continuous moulding?). Assuming I do that, will there be an accessible plug on a lead through that hole to plug the unit into or do I have to pull the door card off to access
I just got a new S3 last week. I have the moulded recess in the front doors where the puddle lights should be and have a box of 2 Audi rings Entry LED units that were placed in the glovebox. Do I have to get a Stanley knife and carve out the inner edge of the recess (presumably I do - but is it perforated in any way, or continuous moulding?). Assuming I do that, will there be an accessible plug on a lead through that hole to plug the unit into or do I have to pull the door card off to access it?View attachment 266658
The door card is solid moulded, I'm not sure if the recess is the same dimensions as the puddle lights but certainly there its not just a blanking plate and will need some precise cutting.

In terms of the wiring, you will need a new loom that plugs into the connector that’s already in the door any the car recoding to recognise them, unfortunately it’s not a simple case of plugging them
In and off you go.

Just a note to anyone who has an order placed, the new model year has been announced, so worth checking if the spec has been amended for your trim
Level and what model year yours will be built to if it has.

The door card is solid moulded, I'm not sure if the recess is the same dimensions as the puddle lights but certainly there its not just a blanking plate and will need some precise cutting.

In terms of the wiring, you will need a new loom that plugs into the connector that’s already in the door any the car recoding to recognise them, unfortunately it’s not a simple case of plugging them
In and off you go.
Yep, doesn't look too difficult if you know how to pull a car interior to bits (fitted a few hardwired dashcams in my time) - I have OBD11 and have done a bit of long coding already. Door card off. The Rocket loom comes with a template to mark up/cut around. Looks like the beam unit's body is about the size of the internal dimensions of the recess and the lens top overlaps the while hole. 4x 1mm holes drilled into the corners of rectangle to cut out and then dremel or stanley knife cut in between. The loom comes with soldered pins to put into the controller body after you've unclamped. A bit of OBD11 coding and refit the door card.

Tempted to repeat for back doors, with an extra loom pair and buy another set of beams from ebay - plenty of unused sets , presumably from bemused new Audi owners who don't know what to do with them or can't be ***** to retro fit.