Extended Ambient Light Pack - Gone?

Klin 42

Reaction score
Just been checking the Audi configurator and noticed that this option seems to have disappeared. Reversing sensors are still there. I ordered my S Line last September with this option and was told by my leasing company 2 weeks ago that my car was "in production" so I am hopeful it might have been included. Anybody else been notified of this option's removal?

Just been checking the Audi configurator and noticed that this option seems to have disappeared. Reversing sensors are still there. I ordered my S Line last September with this option and was told by my leasing company 2 weeks ago that my car was "in production" so I am hopeful it might have been included. Anybody else been notified of this option's removal?
It was off the option list in January when i Ordered . But was still on the edition one and vorsprung edition s as it’s standard fit

Looks like all this has been removed too for standard sline and edition 1:
Ambient door lighting front and rear
- Entry lights on the underside of the front doors
- Centre console storage compartment illuminated
- Front footwell lighting

Looks like all this has been removed too for standard sline and edition 1:
Ambient door lighting front and rear
- Entry lights on the underside of the front doors
- Centre console storage compartment illuminated
- Front footwell lighting
Looks like I will be cancelling my order , no ambient lighting , no reversing sensors , no sunroof , no B&O sound system .
at least I have all of these on my current A3 , plus it’s only 18 months old .

Reactions: Brian Leslie, Mado97 and chevy117
I placed an order for an A3 1st December 2021 that is on the factories accepted order list. Could audi cancel this option on orders not fulfilled. If they do would I get my money back for this?

I placed an order for an A3 1st December 2021 that is on the factories accepted order list. Could audi cancel this option on orders not fulfilled. If they do would I get my money back for this?
I don't think so, judging by comments in other threads, the price stays the same regardless of whether they can actually provide what you have ordered or not (the choice is you either accept what they can offer and pay the same - or cancel!). Which to me is an appalling level of customer service. Surely as parts are removed, the 'Standard' List price should reduce - or offer some gesture for orders already in flight! Trouble is, if you cancel and go elsewhere other manufacturers are in the same boat and you'd go to the back of the queue there!

At this rate, with everything they are removing 'as standard' and also reducing the options list, you will be lucky if you get four wheels and the steering wheel soon!

I ordered my S-Line in September 2021, which finally entered production last week (Build Week 11) and is due to leave the factory soon. My dealer has told me "I should get what I ordered and should be all on track and should be with them mid April" - too many should's in that sentence for me!

I don't think so, judging by comments in other threads, the price stays the same regardless of whether they can actually provide what you have ordered or not (the choice is you either accept what they can offer and pay the same - or cancel!). Which to me is an appalling level of customer service. Surely as parts are removed, the 'Standard' List price should reduce - or offer some gesture for orders already in flight! Trouble is, if you cancel and go elsewhere other manufacturers are in the same boat and you'd go to the back of the queue there!

At this rate, with everything they are removing 'as standard' and also reducing the options list, you will be lucky if you get four wheels and the steering wheel soon!

I ordered my S-Line in September 2021, which finally entered production last week (Build Week 11) and is due to leave the factory soon. My dealer has told me "I should get what I ordered and should be all on track and should be with them mid April" - too many should's in that sentence for me!
Your answer is in the small print, the 'weasely words' at the bottom of the Contract, read it thoroughly, in mine it said they could change the spec at no notice, no mention of compensation. A poor show for a supposed 'luxury' car manufacturer with trabant quality interior plastics.

Mike

Why wouldn't Audi offer a refund on the parts they cannot fit? This is my first ever Audi order and I thought they were a premium brand? I have £1900 worth of extras added on and would be very disappointed if this was not refunded.

How long after ordering were you given a build date? Love how the dealer is saying it all 'should' be there as they're not aware either.

It's a bit of a catch 22 like you're saying. If I go with another company then I'll be at the back of the queue. Most companies are probably having similar issues as well. I could go used but used car prices are extortionate and I'm not even sure what the true value of the car is.

I am currently driving an 88bhp Mazda 2 so I know the A3 will be worth the wait, but I would be annoyed if it's not specced the way I want. If the expensive items are not on the order and refunded I may just refund and eat up the used car price.

I hope your car arrives the way you want it!

VW have done the same with the Golf R builds, however I’d suggest speaking to your dealership as I’ve been advised that this Only impacts new orders. Anything that’s already been ordered will be as per the spec at the time of ordering.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Has anybody who has taken delivery recently had equipment absent that was part of their ordered spec or is it just new orders? I recall my dealership telling me in the past that Audi keep the configurator up to date to reflect what can be ordered???

Has anybody who has taken delivery recently had equipment absent that was part of their ordered spec or is it just new orders? I recall my dealership telling me in the past that Audi keep the configurator up to date to reflect what can be ordered???
Pretty sure at least one member on here had the puddle lights missing on his edition 1 that were standard when he ordered.
I also read somewhere (not sure if it was here) but someone who had ordered a RSQ3 had lost the matrix headlights with little or no compensation to the price.
They can unfortunately change the spec of the car without giving you much or any notice.
The decision to accept the car with the items missing is then down to you and in the current climate they will likely get it sold if you do reject with no trouble at all.

Last edited:
Pretty sure at least one member on here had the puddle lights missing on his edition 1 that were standard when he ordered.
I also read somewhere (not sure if it was here) but someone who had ordered a RSQ3 had lost the matrix headlights with little or no compensation to the price.
They can unfortunately change the spec of the car without giving you much or any notice.
The decision to accept the car with the items missing is then down to you and in the current climate they will likely get it sold if you do reject with no trouble at all.
Puddle lights are slightly different as they’re supposed to be fitted at PDI. So have been missed by a number of dealers, if you speak to them if they aren’t fitted they will supply them. They’re easy enough to fit.

Reactions: AdamInKent
Puddle lights are slightly different as they’re supposed to be fitted at PDI. So have been missed by a number of dealers, if you speak to them if they aren’t fitted they will supply them. They’re easy enough to fit.
Agree but it doesn't detract from the fact that if they change the spec you may not get what you ordered and they wont really care.

Agree but it doesn't detract from the fact that if they change the spec you may not get what you ordered and they wont really care.

like I said, rather than jumping to conclusions and getting wound up about something that is potentially a non issue, I’d advise to check with the dealership. I’ve got a mk8 golf R on order and similar thing has happened there. HK sound is no longer available, but the dealership has confirmed as it was available when I ordered mine I will still have it fitted.

Reactions: AdamInKent, tonyp03 and Brian Leslie
When I ordered mine last April , I specced power tailgate, which was taken off due to shortages. But I was refunded the price of the tailgate.
Received mine November last year.

Reactions: Mado97 and AdamInKent
In my experience, you'll get a refund / good will gesture if they can't fulfil an option which was available when you ordered the car.

They've taken this off the configurator for the Q3 as well, but no word from my dealer yet. I have a confirmed BW (19) so hopefully that's the order locked. I'd much rather have the lighting pack than a £100 refund!

for sure there will be small refund , it wont cover of retro fitting it latter

Been speaking to a dealer today that tells me they have a edition 1 c+s with a bw17 that has come down from bw20 that they ordered ages ago. They assure me that it’s likely to be built then.

My only concern is that it’s going to be missing some of the discussed standard features in this thread . They told me that because it was already ordered it won’t be missing them. I’m I to trust them on this? Things like parking sensors and ambient lighting etc are something I want! I’ve tried to look on the Audi website at the E1 standard features but of course they’ve changed, so I can’t compare what should be and what isn’t.
Is there anything else anyone has heard that is missing from the standard E1 c+s I should be checking? Apart from interior lighting?

Attachments

• CA801B62-9394-40E1-8FBA-1F78A252CC60.jpeg
    CA801B62-9394-40E1-8FBA-1F78A252CC60.jpeg
    273.3 KB · Views: 212
Last edited:
Been speaking to a dealer today that tells me they have a edition 1 c+s with a bw17 that has come down from bw20 that they ordered ages ago. They assure me that it’s likely to be built then.

My only concern is that it’s going to be missing some of the discussed standard features in this thread . They told me that because it was already ordered it won’t be missing them. I’m I to trust them on this? Things like parking sensors and ambient lighting etc are something I want! I’ve tried to look on the Audi website at the E1 standard features but of course they’ve changed, so I can’t compare what should be and what isn’t.
Is there anything else anyone has heard that is missing from the standard E1 c+s I should be checking? Apart from interior lighting?
The child lock buttons on the window controls. It says they are now manual

Reactions: Wxm
Just thought I’d give a little update on this after speaking to a couple of dealers for clarity. Been told :
*Rear parking sensors are only being removed on the technik and sport models
* There is still ambient lighting, it’s just not the coloured one.
♂️

Just thought I’d give a little update on this after speaking to a couple of dealers for clarity. Been told :
*Rear parking sensors are only being removed on the technik and sport models
* There is still ambient lighting, it’s just not the coloured one.
♂️
White ambient its super crap.;).better then nothing but still

Wonder if my S-Line saloon with matrix headlights and ambient lighting will do a bit better when I come to sell it now!

Wonder if my S-Line saloon with matrix headlights and ambient lighting will do a bit better when I come to sell it now!
I have matrix headlights , ambient lighting , sunroof and sight and sound pack , must be worth millions now

Reactions: FishyFinger, Mado97 and itf
Update again!

just come back to me with this stating this is all the interior lighting

D5E4097E 7381 40B8 A11D EBF367A27270

I took delivery of my Edition 1 C&S a couple weeks ago, built in Jan/Feb, ordered last September, and spec is as per order, everything there. No audi ring puddle lights but to be fair they were showing as an option when I ordered.

Reactions: Wxm
I took delivery of my Edition 1 C&S a couple weeks ago, built in Jan/Feb, ordered last September, and spec is as per order, everything there. No audi ring puddle lights but to be fair they were showing as an option when I ordered.
Can these be added after ? Or are they in the door mirrors?

I ordered 1st December 2021 car delivered 31st March Diesel S Line
extended Ambient light pack is present but the climate control unit appears standard white light ( i beleived it was multicoloured as per online audi site)
to be honest the Extended light pack is a gimmick and wish i ordered some other bits instead
Electric lumber support is present
Didnt get wireless charger, which i thought was standard however doesnt seem to be now?
storage pack present
no rear boot floor adjustment, well i cannot see anything obvious but i do have a spare wheel which i didnt order (company added to list)
no rear usb thought these were standard but seems not.

On another note BMW seem to be affected quite badly with a lot more stuff missing from a colleague's car that he ordered to the point it may as well been a basic car and not an M series
Also you cannot get minis now as the wiring loom is made in a Ukraine factory, which has been bombed.
I wonder if Audi have sourced any parts from Ukraine? could be why stuff is missing more and more.

I think it is due to the new chip that most modern cars use....this chip is needed to run some of the more advanced features, rear camera, extended lighting and a few other things...hence why they are not on some of the options or standard....this is what I was told.....or it could be just a way of Audi increasing the FOD options as these could be fitted as standard then activated at a cost....the A3 in the edition one spec offers very little, except for speed signs detection!....oh and shared bluetooth!.... who knows but one thing is for sure, the car industry is a mess at present, and Audi or VW are at the centre of it.....should be sorted with the brand history, yet its just becoming a glossed up ford focus...

I think it is due to the new chip that most modern cars use....this chip is needed to run some of the more advanced features, rear camera, extended lighting and a few other things...hence why they are not on some of the options or standard....this is what I was told.....or it could be just a way of Audi increasing the FOD options as these could be fitted as standard then activated at a cost....the A3 in the edition one spec offers very little, except for speed signs detection!....oh and shared bluetooth!.... who knows but one thing is for sure, the car industry is a mess at present, and Audi or VW are at the centre of it.....should be sorted with the brand history, yet its just becoming a glossed up ford focus...

The issue is the shortage of semi conductors in general rather than the lack of a specific type.

Cars can have something like 100 distinct electronics modules, and each module has multiple chips. The average car is packed with over 1000 semiconductors that control everything from airbags to the engine. Modern cars simply cannot run without chips.

The move to Electric cars is making the problem worse as these typically have twice this amount therefore increasing demand pressures even further

As with all the European car companies they stopped the order of these chips during the covid lockdown......and during this time the demmand went up because everyone on the planet got a new mobile device/game console/laptop/tablet in order to stay in touch, or order goods....so many over 60`s were introduced to the digital world...so these chip companies supplied them, when the car companies put the orders in they were told to wait....hence the slow production....plus a storm in Texas closed a main plant and I believe a fire in the Chinese one also meant two major supply chains were gone.......but those cars built and have all the chips are still having issues, this is a software issue and should be stable by now.....the car industry will recover in about 2 years, but look for German companies to pull out of the UK....be like the old days when you have to import or travel to buy a car......Brexit will open the door to cheap chinese cars.....say goodbye to the European market.

extended Ambient light pack is present but the climate control unit appears standard white light
What part are you referring to? The climate control screen itself?

no rear boot floor adjustment
You don't have the boot false floor? That should be standard across every A3... I'd speak to Audi about that as that hasn't been removed AFIK...

Reactions: Brian Leslie