Experience of Tootle ?

gary_a4_quattro

Reaction score
Just wondering if anyone has any experience of Tootle (saw them mentioned on an earlier thread) ?

https://www.tootle.co.uk/

Just toying with the idea of changing mine, and I guess, as we all are, looking to maximise the cash I have to spend on a replacement. Also interested in experiences of WBAC, tho seem to hear less than favourable things about them....

I listed my old S3 on Tootle when I came to buy my new car as the dealer wasn't willing to take it due to age.

They took a while for any offers to arrive and I only received the one before I needed the cash to purchase the new car. Ended up using webuyanycar.com as they offered more than Tootle.

If you have time and not desperate to move your car, I think it's another method to sell. With newer cars I imagine it might work well.

Reactions: gary_a4_quattro
It might be worth looking at Evans Halshaw, they offered me more than WBAC and also don't deduct a fee from their offer (the number you see is the amount you get).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I also tried Evans Halshaw and Wizzle. Didn't get a response from Wizzle at all and the offer from Evans was lower than webuyanycar.com.

But I shouldn't let this out you off, this was for my old car, doesn't mean they won't offer more for yours. I had previous experience of webuyanycar.com and they paid more than the online offer, was hoping for the same with the S3 (sadly not!).

Cheers again for the opinions, only way to get the best offer is try all of 'em !
The car I was looking at is a private sale, hence won't be a trade in price and need to move reasonably quickly so sticking mine up for sale privately, not sure I want the hassle !?
Will stick mine on tootle, wbac etc and see what comes back.....

Reactions: Steveredman
Well looks like I have sold my car through Tootle. Bit of back and forth, but dealer has offered me my asking price so will be sold in the next few days :)

Reactions: longp2 and gary_a4_quattro
Car was sold yesterday. Picked up the car from my house, looked it over and agreed that it was as described.

In all a very seamless and easy transaction. Would recommend Tootle, as it went for quite a bit more than Audi and WBAC were offering, but more notably I would recommend Mantis Cars. Obviously you cant know who you deal with using Tootle, and that may be a disadvantage, but my experience was very positive.

Sad to see the beast go though :(

I tried to sale my A4 (2014) with Tootle. I got around 4 offers but they were offering half price. So I had to look for other options. I tried with local garage and motorway. But never tried WABC. Got two good offers on Motorway. I think it is worth to take a look https://motorway.co.uk/how-it-works