Expendables III

T

T-800

Seen this at a preview, quite disappointed really very very toned down for its 12A cert.
I really wish studios would stop aiming this type of film at kids.

1/10.

Crap.

I was looking forward to this. Dont sound like its much good.

It's a shame Sandra, they ditch the older Expendables (and the whole hook of the films) for younger blood. But to me that just didn't work ! It takes an age for it to get going as well, then it's over.

I know its received mixed reaction from early viewers.

The 80's action stars in this (plus Statham) are pretty much all of my fave action actors, so it will have to be total and utter garbage for me not to like it.

I will be disappointed if the screen time of the main Guys such as Sly and Statham is limited, but I can live with the likes of Lundgren, Ford, Snipes etc having more limited time.

Looking forward to seeing Gibson - again assume his air time is limited as the movie bills him as "with" rather than "starring" which in itself suggests he has a more minor role - as Ford and Arnie.

I know Stallone was intentionally aiming for this to be the last Expendables movie before he hands over the torch to the younger stars - for the franchise to continue - so that may explain the screen time of the younger stars. That said, he has now confirmed that there will be an Expendables #4 and it will follow the format as the previous movies including the 80's guys - with possibly even Dwayne THE ROCK Johnson as the main bad guy, which sounds cool.

Reactions: Sandra
I will watch it, even just to see Jason Statham, lol . In future parts I would enjoy The rock, he is a pretty decent actor. :) x

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I will watch it, even just to see Jason Statham, lol . In future parts I would enjoy The rock, he is a pretty decent actor. :) x

The Rock would make a great bad Guy, that would be cool.

Try and see Homefront if you haven't already done so Sandra, its a great little film and Stath is really good in it - I've watched it twice already, so it must be good :)

Ok have seen this now .....

Well there is good news and bad news !

I'm afraid it does not live up to the hype of blending the best parts of 1 & 2 as Sly had told us.

The new 'younger' recruits are on the whole very un-memorable and down side of their presence is less air time for the iconic Expendables who we really wanna see.

The story is basic and possibly weakest of the 3 films and there is more dodgy cgi aerial scenes which bug me, as the first film was all real shot footage and looked better for it IMO - as in 'fry & die' scene from Ex1 with Stath out the front of the plane and they blow up the pier.

Some of the action is also far too frantic with too much going on with too many characters.

That said .....

There is still LOTS to like and enjoy about this film, more so if you enjoyed the last 2 instalments.

There are some amazing action scenes and plenty of them, snipes is great, Gibson is amazing !!! and steals the show for me (as JCVD did in 2) but yeah Gibson is on form here if under utilised I wish he featured more in the film.

Sly and the old school guys are enjoyable as ever and this still both redeems the film and adds to overall enjoyment at the same time.

I came away from the cinema slightly disappointed but still entertained on the whole and enjoyed it - I will be buying the bluray.