Exon light stuck on

L

Lee Pritchard

Help.

I own a 57 plate Audi A3 1.8 TFSI S-line.

The air con is blowing cool air and not icy cold.
The economy button is stuck on and no matter what I do will not go off.

I have taken it for a re-gas and it didn’t work. No leaks were found but the read out said it was not holding any pressure.

Would it be possible that it could be the G65 (high pressure sensor)?

If so how easy or hard is it to replace???

Needs a scan. This will identify the fault.

If it’s not holding pressure how could it not have a leak?

Needs a scan. This will identify the fault.

If it’s not holding pressure how could it not have a leak?
@abmat has a very valid point, a loss of pressure is a leak, if you can get hold of vcds check channel 8 (auto hvac) and use the measure block section to monitor the compresser shut off code and to monitor if you have faulty high pressure side valve and See what the system see the pressure as.

also before hand check the high pressure sensor connector, on my car I found pushing down on the sensor and turning clockwise sealed a leak for me (when filled with gas you could hear a slight hiss) but this needs to be done in an area is low noise if possible as you won’t hear anything otherwise. This is located near the high pressure value

However despite sealing this leak, i do have a hissing sound in the cabin when the compressor is active, so I’m losing pressure again.

So I’m still in the diagnostics stage as you but doing these will give you move infomation to help resolve your issue.

Reactions: abmat
Hi guys.

There is defiantly no leak. As I have heard a faulty high pressure sensor will make it read as though there is no pressure and leave it in econ mode constantly. I’m going to attempt to remove it to take a look.

Iirc they are on a Schrader valve so just unscrew. It’ll need a new one fitting. This should then allow the compressor to kick back in.

I think that’s the issue I had on my A6

Reactions: Lee Pritchard
I had that issue. It was G65 sensor.

Reactions: Lee Pritchard