Exhaust

Mike.46

I know it would wreck the motor for future use but, suppose the motor travels anti clockwise for wide open, if you cut the two locators off I have marked in green it would still open the valve but not close it, you'd still probably need to lock wire the valve open though

8Y exhaust.png

Doja cat

I'm thinking if you did jam or lock open the valve, then not actually refit the actuator (just secure it out the way), it would still motor and the car think it was moving the valve, is that what you did try @8YARWY ?

But then if it is looking for resistance against that spring, surely it would fault code eventually?

8YARWY

Talk to the Hand.......
I'm thinking if you did jam or lock open the valve, then not actually refit the actuator (just secure it out the way), it would still motor and the car think it was moving the valve, is that what you did try @8YARWY ?

But then if it is looking for resistance against that spring, surely it would fault code eventually?

I jammed the mechanism with a small thin screw driver through the side where you can see the motor and valve top mechanism meet.

I was curious to see if limited movement flagged up an error.

Another way to do this

Take the motor off

Remove the loose spring in the valve top

Open the valve with your finger

Tie it off with some bare earth cable so it can’t move back shut

Use one of the bolt holes on the top to bolt the motor back, but with the motor overhanging the outside of the flange instead of inside.

This way the motor is free to travel so no risk of damage to anything.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

shahaf2911

I jammed the mechanism with a small thin screw driver through the side where you can see the motor and valve top mechanism meet.

I was curious to see if limited movement flagged up an error.

Another way to do this

Take the motor off

Remove the loose spring in the valve top

Open the valve with your finger

Tie it off with some bare earth cable so it can’t move back shut

Use one of the bolt holes on the top to bolt the motor back, but with the motor overhanging the outside of the flange instead of inside.

This way the motor is free to travel so no risk of damage to anything.

but now that the motor won’t feel any pressure won’t it make a fault code ? I’m just trying to figure out what made the fault codes in the first place with the blanks cause something must have done it, I don’t mind trying it out at all but my OBDeleven hasn’t arrived yet and I’d rather be able to clear any codes that might appear

itsbigyellow

Hello Everybody, newbie in the house. Just got my first ever Audi after owning about 35 cars during my life, I think I missed a trick - got my RS3 and I am loving it. I am just about to click the buy button on an ASR controller mainly because I want the 'always open' in RS modes. However sometimes I actually like a bit of peace and quiet on a long cruise or on the dreary drive to work (getting old). Do I need to worry about the flaps opening at 3500/4500 with these controllers or in fact, is the native ECU doing it anyway ? Cheers

8YARWY

Talk to the Hand.......
Hello Everybody, newbie in the house. Just got my first ever Audi after owning about 35 cars during my life, I think I missed a trick - got my RS3 and I am loving it. I am just about to click the buy button on an ASR controller mainly because I want the 'always open' in RS modes. However sometimes I actually like a bit of peace and quiet on a long cruise or on the dreary drive to work (getting old). Do I need to worry about the flaps opening at 3500/4500 with these controllers or in fact, is the native ECU doing it anyway ? Cheers

Safety built into it they automatically open as normally even if in ‘closed’ mode.

8YARWY

Talk to the Hand.......
Could they be cut out as part of what that PCR chap does?

Why though ? Ruins a perfectly fine exhaust system.

Can’t see the point for marginal gain.

Amazes me how many want to trash the rear of the exhaust, when a valve controller does the same job and will have resale value in years to come.