Exhaust...

Carlos85

Reaction score
So I am a bit torn, I was going to remap the car before doing any exhaust mods but after a bit of a road trip on A and B and motorway roads I have decided that the car is actually pretty rapid and I might wait till I get used to it a bit more before mapping... so I am tempted to get an exhaust system to release a bit more noise... at the minute I am torn between BCS back boxes and a scorpion half system... I know that both of these systems should be pretty much drone free which is a big consideration as I have a baby due next month but I am also wondering which one will be louder and sound better and it's difficult to get an idea for how loud each one is etc so just wondering on people's opinions as to which they would choose if they have heard them both... any help will be greatly received!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

From what I have read , the BCS will give you a louder exhaust noise when you are pushing on

Yeah that's what I have gathered as well I guess the scorpion would be similar as well but I also get the impression they are really quiet...

Yeah that's what I have gathered as well I guess the scorpion would be similar as well but I also get the impression they are really quiet...

Yeah I get that impression too.I think getting best of both worlds with the BCS is a good compromise

Reactions: Sandra and Carlos85
Your reviews are great.

With regards to the DTUK box you had installed. Does the car need any modification to accommodate such increases or is it within stage 1 tolerances?

If it gives such gains why spend a lot more money on stage 2 for slightly more gains?
Thanks

Andy

The difference between the DTUK box and the revo 1+ were pretty massive, the torque difference is a big difference and you get more at the top end, especially with the TCU remap as well. The main reason I got the DTUK was because it was a cheap option whilst I waited to go for the full pulley and remap etc... I recouped some of the money of the box by selling it on as well so it didn't really cost that much at all.

Is the DTUK simply a case of plugging into the port? I may go down that route as I will probably end up buying an exhaust as well

Is the DTUK simply a case of plugging into the port? I may go down that route as I will probably end up buying an exhaust as well
its a simple install, a couple of sensors and a power to it is all, probably took 30 mins to do a neat job

I purchased Carlos' old DTUK box from him, if you're interested in getting one drop me a pm, I'll be looking at selling it on soon

The difference between the DTUK box and the revo 1+ were pretty massive, the torque difference is a big difference and you get more at the top end, especially with the TCU remap as well. The main reason I got the DTUK was because it was a cheap option whilst I waited to go for the full pulley and remap etc... I recouped some of the money of the box by selling it on as well so it didn't really cost that much at all.

Where did you get your Revo done?