Exhaust?

xdanpee

Reaction score
I want a new back box for my car can anyone recommend any? I want either a dual tipped one or just something that's different, don't like the big bore

What about a custom jobbie? Then you can specify exactly what you'd like

what car as A3's don't have tips that poke out... you have to mod the bumper and rear panel or have it hanging low

<tuffty/>

Thats for an 8P not an 8L

...maybe if the OP tells us what car he actually has...

<tuffty/>

Do you know if these are made for 8l, as I'm considering something like this to reduce the motorway drone...

Do you know if these are made for 8l, as I'm considering something like this to reduce the motorway drone...

What actual variant of 8L though dude? makes a difference and is the info I am trying (and failing it seems) to extract from this whole thread...

S3, A3, A3 TQS... all have different setups

<tuffty/>

What actual variant of 8L though dude? makes a difference and is the info I am trying (and failing it seems) to extract from this whole thread...

<tuffty/>

8L TUFFTY!!!!
PAY ATTENTION!!!!
:whistle2:

Reactions: superkarl, Nilz and <tuffty/>

<tuffty/>
Audi A3 1.8t 20v 2000 fwd 3 door

Currently installed is, 3" from turbo to reducer to 2.5" to silencer then silencer then a back box,
This isn't sufficient for the drone, I've read somewhere on the 8l threads that someone fitted one of these oem looking back boxes to reduce the motorway drone.

5c3f9d482f9ead14eaeab0523b7d25f2.jpg

I had a custom made and fitted yesterday... As my back box didn't line up any where near where it should as I have the s3 bumper cost me £80 for the lot

Yes but fairly pointless as an upgrade

<tuffty/>

Mine is riddled with cracks! Tried going down the oem route, only to find they are nearly £400, thus looking for a non ss alternative as have read that an ss version loses the torque low down. plan is to get this and port match... Unless you can advise me otherwise, im open to opinions. =]

Mine is riddled with cracks! Tried going down the oem route, only to find they are nearly £400, thus looking for a non ss alternative as have read that an ss version loses the torque low down. plan is to get this and port match... Unless you can advise me otherwise, im open to opinions. =]

Is there to many cracks to have it welded for time being ??

There should be plenty of OE mani's on eBay I would have though... anything with a transverse 1.8t in it and a K03 turbo should work...

SS version? you mean stainless steel? not sure where you got that info from... the higher flow one you linked to would be worse arguably as it has bigger runners so would hurt spool but on a K03 tbh I doubt the difference would be noticeable

The biggest issue with that type of aftermarket mani fold is the collector design... they generally just let the gases from each runner hit each other rather than 'merge' which affects top end power but again the K03 is limited anyway...

If you can't find a decent secondhand mani on ebay/breakers etc then its ok as an alternative but if you had a serviceable OE mani I'd save your money especially on a k03/k03s

<tuffty/>

There should be plenty of OE mani's on eBay I would have though... anything with a transverse 1.8t in it and a K03 turbo should work...

SS version? you mean stainless steel? not sure where you got that info from... the higher flow one you linked to would be worse arguably as it has bigger runners so would hurt spool but on a K03 tbh I doubt the difference would be noticeable

The biggest issue with that type of aftermarket mani fold is the collector design... they generally just let the gases from each runner hit each other rather than 'merge' which affects top end power but again the K03 is limited anyway...

If you can't find a decent secondhand mani on ebay/breakers etc then its ok as an alternative but if you had a serviceable OE mani I'd save your money especially on a k03/k03s

<tuffty/>

Sound advice, How easily are they welded? I'd have to take a better look to see actually how bad it is.