Exhaust will it be to loud ?????

Audia3bitch

Reaction score
Atm i have a custom 3inch down pipe de cat, with standerd b box its verry quite when driving nicely and abit loud when i pute my foot down i thort this would be quite practical but a year on its boring as hell my cars remaped and has quite a few mods so iv decided to get a strate thro pipe from the de cat a replace the back box i was advised by the giy building it at powerflow that it would be so loud i would just get pulled over so i think im going to put a small silencer box in the middle somwhere enyone know what noise levles you can get away with and can i push this iv seen a few cars on the road that are just ridiculously loud so what gos ???

I've got 3.5" from turbo back with decat and a rear muffle r

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

It's not overly loud, but it's definitely not quiet haha I recommend it man

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Your problem with a 4 pot is not noise its what sort of noise
The legal limits are hard to define without a decibel meter but for MOT it will fail if

3. A catalytic converter missing where one was fitted as standard

4. A silencer in such condition, or of such a type, that the noise emitted from the vehicle is clearly unreasonably above the level expected from a similar vehicle with a standard silencer in average condition.

The problem is if its a purpose designed system like Milltek or BCS you are going to get away with it but if it's just a load of bits cobbled together you are asking for trouble IMHO.
Get yourself a CD of a F1 car and listen to that while you drive

Reactions: DrSasso
I wouldnt delete the rear box.

I would delete the middle resonator, basically it cancels the kind of drone you hear when you accelerate, so it is not present at idle or off WOT. For some it can cause "exhaust drone" for others, like me, they like that drone, if it isn't too ott.

You can swap it for pipe or you can put a smaller resonator in its place which makes it louder but gets rid of the annoying kind of drone.

On my 1.8tFSI I had the resonator cut out and it didnt make much difference, so I had the rear box removed, the drone would rattle change in the car, make gunshot loud noises on upshifts (s-tronic burp) and was really antisocial. Then I had the resonator put back on and it sounded good but it droned too much, any kind of motorway driving was a constant headache, in the end I went back to standard. That fun mix of experiments cost me just under £600 which is more than a BCS catback... which would be my advice. Get a BCS Sport catback, pretty loud all the time due to no valve, but no drone as they use helmholtz resonators to get rid of drone without affecting the rest of the noise.
Its a 4 cylinder petrol so its never going to sound amazing.

https://www.powervalve.co.uk/produc...ack-system-choice-of-trims-sports-system.html

They give a 10% discount to forum members not sure if that applies here too.

Got a strate pipe in the end its great but soooooo noisy im so prang im going to get pulled now i have de cat strate thro from turbo going to have to get a back box people stand on the sidwalk ether smilling or shaking there heads at it lol its that bad its so obvius you can hear the turbo spool up so clear but i felt the diffrence in power ever so slightly i was quite amazed moor top end..... has eanyone been pulled for this by the old bill??!!?

You will be..lol and you will never pass an mot either.

Milltek non-res with cat is pretty loud on wot.
Yours must be painfull experience...

:rulez: Mot tests are tightening up on Decats so don't be surprised if it fails next time. I like 'em quiet. more relaxing,

Reactions: S.