Exhaust which one?

Adman

Reaction score
Hi all

looking at getting a milltek non resonated exhaust, what experiences have people had from these? I have a 2011 s3 5dr dsg and am unsure on what's "best" to put on it. Any help or advice much appreciated!

Thanks for the reply, not a huge amount on his website and I notice in your signature that's you also have a milltek...

If I was buying new then 100% BCS great quality and cheaper than Milltek.
I've gone against the grain and fitted a cobra sportscat downpipe and bought a fairly new Milltek catback for the right price.
Really happy with the outcome of getting a full turbo back for just over half the price.

How much are these BCS exhausts? I was under the impression they were dearer than miltek?

The sport or prestige system is about £100 cheaper than Milltek. The powervalve system is about £100 more expensive than Milltek.
Milltek don't offer a powervalve system though and BCS will make a system to suit your needs.

Would you say that a BCS is better quality than a Milltek? What is the customer support like? Also which exhaust gives the best gains?

Bcs is better quality and customer service is excellent.
I was planning on getting a bcs as I've had their systems on my 2 previous cars but I couldn't refuse the price I got my Milltek for.

Thanks for the reply, not a huge amount on his website and I notice in your signature that's you also have a milltek...

Milltek are generally fine, and if bought new then great, warranty stands up great so long as you meet certain criteria like engine mounts for example.

But the press from BCS is great, and being a regular round here, there's not much that I don't glance over. Unless it's crap about HID kits, I simply ignore!

I've spoken to Nige a few times and he's a nice chap.

I'd recommend him purely based on the above. Find someone who doesn't recommend them.

I only have a Milltek as it was around for good money at the time and was pretty much standard S3 protocol + I've never actually seen a full BCS system for sale second hand, I always keep to a budget!

If the money is there, go BCS.

Reactions: Forbzeeee
Another vote here for BCS, having read the reviews and spoke to the right people they all recommend a BCS over a milltek!

How long would it take a decent garage to change a downpipe?

Thanks for the replys to my op, been looking on YouTube and reading comments and it's looking like I've been pursuaded into the bcs side of things. I'd be after either a power valve or non power valve dependant upon price. Is the powervalve have a sports cat? As is still want it to pass an mot?