Exhaust Valves

becausephilchow

Reaction score
Hey,

I'm about to pick up a 2015 Audi RS3, very excited to join you guys! I'm going to take a look at it on Sunday, and if all goes well, will sign the papers.

Few questions though:

1) I've been told it does not have the Sport Exhaust. Is there a place where I can order the Sport Exhaust?

2) Are there valves on the Non-Sport Exhaust? Will I be able to order a Milltek, and re-use the Valves on it as it says?

3) How do I check if the car has Mag-Ride? It's not from an Audi Dealership, as most used cars in Hong Kong are from Third-Party Dealerships, so they're not 100% sure. Is there an option somewhere? It has Drive Select, and 4-Modes from the photos I've seen. Does that mean it has Mag-Ride?

4) Anybody have any reviews of the H&R Springs? I've read the thread(s) so far on them, people seem to be relatively happy with them?

Thanks in Advance! Appreciate it!

1) will be very expensive better to get a miltek I expect

2) yes there are valves, so as above the miltek will work just fine

3) go to DriveSelect menu, go to individual settings, check if it has suspension as an option or not

4) keep in mind the h&r springs are supposedly only for cars WITH mag ride. So if it doesn't have it you may want to look at other options.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi, just from my own search, i'd say if it doesn't have sports exhaust option, its unlikely to have mag ride as they were a joint option "WB0 Dynamic Package" £1,495 GBP

Dynamic Pack

Think it has been mentioned on here that exhaust can be purchased from Audi but its about £1000 (someone correct me) that makes the whole package look reasonable.

Don't think the mag ride could be fitted aftermarket. For me the dynamic package was the deal breaker, not only for having the exhaust but also the options for the ride, plus re-sale value. But we are all different, and TBH if you are in HK, the re-sale market will be very different (imagine a much smaller pool of cars?), and roads too so perhaps mag ride isn't as essential. Whatever you decide IMHO the car needs an exhaust to do the engine justice!

Good luck with your search!

Hi, just from my own search, i'd say if it doesn't have sports exhaust option, its unlikely to have mag ride as they were a joint option "WB0 Dynamic Package" £1,495 GBP

View attachment 96340

Think it has been mentioned on here that exhaust can be purchased from Audi but its about £1000 (someone correct me) that makes the whole package look reasonable.

Don't think the mag ride could be fitted aftermarket. For me the dynamic package was the deal breaker, not only for having the exhaust but also the options for the ride, plus re-sale value. But we are all different, and TBH if you are in HK, the re-sale market will be very different (imagine a much smaller pool of cars?), and roads too so perhaps mag ride isn't as essential. Whatever you decide IMHO the car needs an exhaust to do the engine justice!

In fairness though, not knowing the car and country specifics, certain packages have different items in it. So it could note as having the dynamic pack, but in HK that could mean something different. Best way to check for mag ride is as noted above going through drive select option on MMI.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

In the UK you could spec mag ride on its own however if you wanted the sports exhaust you had to pick both eg dynamic package.

TX.

Edit - to also note that Audi seem to have a bee in their bonnet about purchasing the sports exhaust later, most people have had trouble with that + it may also invalidate warranty amazingly :tonguewink:

Thanks for all the quick replies everybody.

Will take a look at the car on Sunday, and check if it has Mag-Ride.

HK cars are quite odd. We usually don't have any "packages" available, it's really weird to be honest with you. The only option we usually get are like Navigation, which nobody ever gets, because it's really expensive with the Taxes.

Thanks!

View attachment 96340

......wonder how many went for the Dynamic pack plus?.

......wonder how many went for the Dynamic pack plus?.
I did, great value it was too ..... not! 1k for the speed lift which gets the top end lifted and a different tyre pressure chart

Sent from my SM-N910F using Tapatalk

Reactions: RS3 S.