Exhaust valves stuck

D0C

Reaction score
My exhaust valves have decided to stick open. Could be worse, they could've stuck in the closed position. Question, is this a simple fix for a dealership? I've tried shutting down and restarting the car numerous times and cycled through comfort and dynamic etc but no joy.

My exhaust valves have decided to stick open. Could be worse, they could've stuck in the closed position. Question, is this a simple fix for a dealership? I've tried shutting down and restarting the car numerous times and cycled through comfort and dynamic etc but no joy.

Isn’t this what the ‘software’ update that’s been applied to some cars already supposed to fix.....
People were scared it was to quieten down the RS, but in reality it was to fix flaps that weren’t behaving properly.

Isn’t this what the ‘software’ update that’s been applied to some cars already supposed to fix.....
People were scared it was to quieten down the RS, but in reality it was to fix flaps that weren’t behaving properly.
Mine is a PFL. 2yrs old in March. Is it the PFL that had the problem?

Reactions: Ozmosis and T-800
******. Looks like I'll have to book it in. Typical after it's not long had the remap and secondary decat pipes...

Hmmmm tricky then as they’ll update the ECU with the modified files that relate to the update.

Hmmmm tricky then as they’ll update the ECU with the modified files that relate to the update.
Worth getting flashed back to stock then before I take it in?

Found another thread which I've just commented on. Apparently @Mark Brunskill needed an entire new back box!

Mine is a PFL. 2yrs old in March. Is it the PFL that had the problem?

Mine had the update done last year and no effect on the exhaust sound etc. I know it wasn't required on every PFL car so it would be worth checking with Audi if your VIN is included as one that is due the software update, before sorting any ECU re-flash...

Worth getting flashed back to stock then before I take it in?

Found another thread which I've just commented on. Apparently @Mark Brunskill needed an entire new back box!

I needed a new rear section mate, but mine were grinding and sticking open. Mine wasn't software related. It also took Audi a few weeks to get the exhaust!

I needed a new rear section mate, but mine were grinding and sticking open. Mine wasn't software related. It also took Audi a few weeks to get the exhaust!
What a pain in the ar5e. I doubt mine is software related and that they are jammed open. Probably all the salt and grit has got into the valves!

Doc let’s hope they don’t TD1 your car!,,,keep us posted

Reactions: D0C and Terminator x
Lol it must be giving you a headache?!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk

Lol it must be giving you a headache?!

TX.

Sent from my BBB100-2 using Tapatalk
I know some people buy devices to have them permanently open at all speeds. Too much for me, though!

Well, came out to the car this morning and it seems to have fixed itself overnight. Curious.

Hopefully that's the end of that, and that it's not something that is going to intermittently occur...

Reactions: Phil3, Ozmosis and teslaboy