exhaust valve

gingers3

Reaction score
any one know if its possible to override the electronic exhaust valve ?
on my old ttrs it worked by vacume andi put a small valve in the pipe to keep the exhaust flap open
is it possible to do any thing with the electronic flap ???

This is a guess based on other Audi's with electronic flaps, and I can't test it as the S1 is gone now, but, with VCDS, if you go to 1-Engine
Then Byte 9, Bit 2 and turn it off.

This should leave the flap in whatever state it was last in, so if closed it'll stay closed forevermore, and if open, then it'll stay open.

cheers , i know milltek just bolt the actuator to part of the chassis , might try taking it off and hold flap open !!

There was a post on the facebook group that someone uploaded I believe he just removed the valve I am sure if you ask on there someone will point you in the correct direction and he made a how to guide.

Reactions: shakey_hand_man
There was a post on the facebook group that someone uploaded I believe he just removed the valve I am sure if you ask on there someone will point you in the correct direction and he made a how to guide.

any link ?

Yea I spoke with a guy earlier who just unplugged it when open with no error

It's 50% open between 1000-3000rpm I believe on dynamic mode!

Saw this picture on Facebook if it helps!

Attachments

• image.jpeg
    image.jpeg
    210.4 KB · Views: 996
So, am I right in thinking you open up the control box turn the "circular spring thing" 90 degrees so it's fully open then close the box back up and disconnect the power / activation cable that is going to it?

Keen to get more sound from my S1 but not keen on blowing a grand on a full system.

If only;y I could get a "sport back box" for around £500 I'd be a happy man.

Cheers,

i think so, to be honest I don't really know lol! And I personally don't think there is a point because then you will lose the ability of having the car quiet when you want it.

And I agree! That's why I'm having the 2 silencers cut out when I get the car:)

The S1 certainly lacks in the sound department so think I'm going to bite the bullet and treat myself in Jan for birthday and get full turbo back system. The only thing now is to decide on what system to go for

i agree but on my last few audi s ive brought performace exhausts and not been too impressed
i like the cobra system but prefere milltek tailpipes
i ve used scorpion before and was impressed but seen one on an s1 and for me the tailpipes are too far under the car

I was thinking maybe the cobra system but the same as you I do like the tips to look good at the back. So the other option I'm thinking is getting a full custom made and having a large single exhaust either side like the Rs models, but want to keep the valve so the car is still comfortable on long journeys

i did have milltek non res on my gti edition 30 and an s3 ( simlar engine ) and they sounded awesome
i really like the black tailpipes too so i think if i did it would prob go milltek

Sorry I couldn't find the link but it was posted later on in thread.
I am the same boat as you guys but I really like the cobra slash cut but i am unsure how loud it will be as they haven't got a option for exhaust valve which is a shame.
Probably going to be like you ginger and go for the milltek as really liked it on my polo but at £1.2k its £400 more than the cobra which is a bit worrying

i had a listen to a cobra system at gti international , it does sound nice , not too loud just good , the owner said it was nt intrusive at motor way speeds too
ideally i would like this system with slightly bigger than oem tailpipes but in the black finish
could ask them , might be able to sort some thing out ?

i had a listen to a cobra system at gti international , it does sound nice , not too loud just good , the owner said it was nt intrusive at motor way speeds too
ideally i would like this system with slightly bigger than oem tailpipes but in the black finish
could ask them , might be able to sort some thing out ?

I would defiantly be up for cobra system if you see if can get a better deal if we order 2

im in sheffield tomorrow if i get time ill call in

ok guys ill find out today , we got 3 then , any more ?

I have the non res system, it is actually quite loud in the cabin and can feel quite droney at motorway speeds, just a heads up its not a problem to me personally and it does sound good from the outside.

Louder the better as far as i'm concerned........
I come from a background of many a TVR but now need a small 4 door hatch, hence the S1.

If it had the pops and crackles of the RS3 I would be a very happy man :(

guys , i spoke with matt today at cobrasport , if we can 4 together he ll do the cat back non res system for £733 inc vat and delivery BUT
he was quite keen on having an s1 mini meet in sheffield where he fit them for free
sounds a top guy and i think a good deal

I would be up for being the forth guy. But unforntaly I live up in Aberdeen so Sheffield would be a bit too far for travel for the meet. And I was under the impression the tail pipes are 3.5inch? And 3inch for the slashcut

tailpipes as per there website , theres 4 choices , not a problem to get yours delivered , see how much more interest we get , might get more discount

I'd probably be up delivery too as I'm in deepest darkest Essex and I don't fancy the 8 hour round trip :)

Cheers,

I don't mind a 8hr round trip if it's in a sat make a day of it :yum:
yes would have to be a saturday for me too , i think matt wanted a few s1 s there , good for publicity , its only just off the m1 a j34 near meadowhall

I have the non res system, it is actually quite loud in the cabin and can feel quite droney at motorway speeds, just a heads up its not a problem to me personally and it does sound good from the outside.
is yours the cobra system ? guy i spoke to at inters said it was hardly noticable on motorway !!

Not worried about the distance as used to use Rs tuning in Leeds with my previous car that use to be a entire day out

bcs who ive also been talking to are about to release a 75 mm down pipe and 200 cell sports cat for the s1, been trying to talk them into producing a cat back system for a while now if theres enough interest think they ll do it

bcs wont be cheapest but the quality will be out standing
i ll give nige ( bcs) a call tomorrow squeeze him for some details

Have any of you had a look on how to get the exhaust off? as I had a quick look and it looks like it there is a main bar that goes underneath one of the silencers. Anyone aware if that comes off and you can take the exhaust off as a full unit or if the exhaust has to be cut?