Exhaust Valve controller options

• Thread starter Deleted member 117185
  • Start date
D

Deleted member 117185

hi all,

Does anyone know what’s options I’ve got for a valve controller? Seem to be a few out there but what’s best and cheapest? Thanks

I've got the Cete Automotive one on my face lift 8v, its good for getting the car to be a bit more quiet during start up.

Its very loud when in dynamic (Almost too loud and droney for me) but if you put the drive mode in Auto then it goes back to original settings.

Easy to install as well and one of the cheaper options compared to others as far as I was aware.

What are you buying it for? More noise or less noise?

I've got the Cete Automotive one on my face lift 8v, its good for getting the car to be a bit more quiet during start up.

Its very loud when in dynamic (Almost too loud and droney for me) but if you put the drive mode in Auto then it goes back to original settings.

Easy to install as well and one of the cheaper options compared to others as far as I was aware.

I Want the flaps open around town, but at 70-80 on the motorway I’d like them shut! I don’t like the fact they close between 2-4k even in dynamic :(

I Want the flaps open around town, but at 70-80 on the motorway I’d like them shut! I don’t like the fact they close between 2-4k even in dynamic :(
Cete Automotive one will do the job then, pretty easy to install as well.
You can also double press the traction control button and it will open/close the valves regardless of the mode.

I literally only wanted mine to try and prevent my neighbours from wanting to key my car when I start it up early in the morning lol,

Reactions: frank71RS3
Cete Automotive one will do the job then, pretty easy to install as well.
You can also double press the traction control button and it will open/close the valves regardless of the mode.

I literally only wanted mine to try and prevent my neighbours from wanting to key my car when I start it up early in the morning lol,

I quite like the ones with the remote and they’re actually cheaper...I like the fact it remembers the setup each time you turn off. Anyone got experience with this one?

https://www.special-exhausts.de/sho...trol-for-electrical-flap/Valve-Control-2.html

I’ve got the ASR one, perfect so I can can close them for cold starts.
I have my default setting as standard so working with drive select but can open or close whenever I want.
I need this mines so loud on cold start

I also have the Cete Automotive one, for me it was essential so the cold startups are much quieter, but also the warm startups, before this mod the valves would open and then close immediately in every startup, it was so loud. Now it is much better, and I can still have loud startups when I want.

Are any of you running secondary decats with sports exhaust?
I removed mine because of the cold start noise at 5am.
Tempted to refit now I have the controller.

Are any of you running secondary decats with sports exhaust?
I removed mine because of the cold start noise at 5am.
Tempted to refit now I have the controller.
I have both with no controller yet and it is loud, I also had my exhaust valves unplugged for a few days and it was awful in the mornings

Reactions: Marshy
If a few folk are buying for you think we could try group buy discount ?

I like the Cete active-sound idea that you don't need separate remote

Up for buying in next few weeks if discount
1. Evil_scoobs

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk

I’ve just listed my ASR valve controller for sale in classifieds.
Comes with 3 control fobs and the centre console switch with extra button.

Hey bud - when you say easy to install, can you be more specific on time?
I'm disabled and have to hire someone to do it, unfortunately, but I'm trying to get an idea on cost.
TIA!!!!

Hey bud - when you say easy to install, can you be more specific on time?
I'm disabled and have to hire someone to do it, unfortunately, but I'm trying to get an idea on cost.
TIA!!!!
Where do you live mate, maybe someone on here could help you out, I would if you live in Norfolk?

It’s dead easy to install, about a 15-20 minute job just by removing some trim and plug and play.

Reactions: The6sisWicked
Where do you live mate, maybe someone on here could help you out, I would if you live in Norfolk?

It’s dead easy to install, about a 15-20 minute job just by removing some trim and plug and play.

Dude - that is VERY nice of you to offer.
I live in Vegas, LOL.
But I have remote start being installed (doctor's order/recommendation) as a result of the disability, and the company doing it said if the install was <30 minutes, no charge and if it's just plug and play + a bit of extra time, they'd work something out as they are already pulling the trunk up to get to the BCM.

Thank you again, because I would gladly have taken you up on the offer....

Reactions: D0C and Riko0073
I live in Vegas, LOL.
But I have remote start being installed (doctor's order/recommendation) as a result of the disability, and the company doing it said if the install was <30 minutes, no charge and if it's just plug and play + a bit of extra time, they'd work something out as they are already pulling the trunk up to get to the BCM.

Thank you again, but I would gladly have taken you up on the offer....
Ah! Yeah as much as a trip to Vegas would be nice!!!

Should be easily done within 30 minutes, although as you guys have the steering wheel on the wrong side you do have to remove the bonnet lever in the process so might take a bit longer with that :icon thumright:

I live in Vegas, LOL.

Thank you again, because I would gladly have taken you up on the offer....

Ok - now THAT is funny, mate.
Yeah, the whole steering wheel/boot thing makes me wonder now. ;-)

Good post, I just want one that will allow me to open and close the valves and also to just put it back to stock. I mainly want it to be open around down and low RPM, as they just shut in dynamic until you hit high RPM's. I'm also useless at anything like this and I dont want to break any connectors or anything when trying to fit a CETE module, which I will definitely mess up. Are there ones that fit in the back and connect to the valves ? Also has anyone got 2ndary cat deletes with the module open, how does that sound ?

Good post, I just want one that will allow me to open and close the valves and also to just put it back to stock. I mainly want it to be open around down and low RPM, as they just shut in dynamic until you hit high RPM's. I'm also useless at anything like this and I dont want to break any connectors or anything when trying to fit a CETE module, which I will definitely mess up. Are there ones that fit in the back and connect to the valves ? Also has anyone got 2ndary cat deletes with the module open, how does that sound ?
Honestly the CETE is easy to fit, I’m useless at this stuff but managed it easily!

The module does exactly that, more sound low down and around town, mines the OPF model and the amount of positive comments on how the car sounds and people looking round to see what car it is, just the right level of sound for me, no pops and bangs although I’d happily have a bit more of a deeper tone but that’s actually improved the more miles I’ve added.

Reactions: Luiggi
Been looking at the ASR one, I accept the keyfob is a touch overkill but they seem to be great value for money compared to the CETE and do the same thing...