Exhaust valve.. ASR or ACTIVE VALVE CONTROL ?

michelone

RS3 FL
Reaction score
I have the second one. Made by K-Electronic. Works great and one of the best mods on our cars.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I do not understand why it must cost € 100 more than the model ASR.. they should do the same thing!

JamesBaby did you make a video after mod?

I didn't make a video no, sorry. There should be a demo video online somewhere though. Maybe you Tube?

It's expensive but worth it IMO.

thanks anyway JamesBaby.
I have seen some videos,but in all the videos the car is parked and not running, so the difference is not very understandable.
I'd like to hear the sound in second and third gear at normal speed.

Ask gotcha, so this makes it louder all the time?

Do you have to use the remote control every time you start the car?

Ask gotcha, so this makes it louder all the time?

Do you have to use the remote control every time you start the car?

Yeh, pretty much. There’s another system above that when you flip it in to dynamic its open all the time as opposed to using a remote. Believe comfort is closed until 4000 rpm or something. Id rather a little remote

How much did you pay? Actually prefer the ASR due to the remote control. Tempted by one myself, as the flapsnarw constantly open on my R and it makes a world of difference

349€ including shipping

Reactions: FBF01
I found my PFL deafening with the flaps open all the time. Can't see the appeal!

The ASR is switchable via not only the Drive Select options, but via the traction control button. The traction control button opens and closes the flaps at will at anytime you like. So if you were in Dynamic (open) on the motorway and wanted a quiet cruise you just press traction control button and close the flaps. The 4k rpm safety parameters all still in place.

The traction control button works as a dual button controlling both the traction control and the flaps. It is either a quick double press for flap adjust, or a standard single press to control the traction control.

Much prefer that than an extra chunky fob kicking about.

I have the second one. Made by K-Electronic. Works great and one of the best mods on our cars.

I understand that with this system in comfort the valves are always closed and in dynamic are always open, but what happens in auto and individual modes? Can you still control the sound in the individual settings?

I'm very interested in buying this for my car, mainly because of the cold starts, the valves open randomly and intermittently.

In Auto it behaves like OEM auto. In Individual it behaves however you make the setting for the exhaust in that mode.

The ESP button allows manual switching at will, regardless of any Drive Select setting.

Reactions: mz21
In Auto it behaves like OEM auto. In Individual it behaves however you make the setting for the exhaust in that mode.

The ESP button allows manual switching at will, regardless of any Drive Select setting.

Thanks, that sounds perfect.

You got this system for how long? Any realiability issue? Is installation easy?

It’s plug and play and takes minutes to fit. High quality fit and parts.

Zero issues in 18 months.

Reactions: mz21
Good mod for FL cars but the PFL with open valves all the time is borderline unpleasant

I just ordered it, mainly because I want the car to start with valves closed all the time, at the moment even in comfort they open for a few seconds.

The bonus is that, in dynamic, I will be able to listen and enjoy the exhaust sound at low speeds, currently I have to go 3500+RPM (when the valves open) and go pretty fast to listen to it. It is a win-win situation.

Good mod for FL cars but the PFL with open valves all the time is borderline unpleasant

That’s the whole point though. The device allows you have the valves open when you want it.

Upon start it’s OEM. Cycle through back to Dynamic and the valves open but stay open. Then, when you finished having fun and fancy a quiet cruise just press the ESP button twice and the valves close. Opening only after around 4K rpm to protect the engine. The car remains in Dynamic.

I just ordered it, mainly because I want the car to start with valves closed all the time, at the moment even in comfort they open for a few seconds.

The bonus is that, in dynamic, I will be able to listen and enjoy the exhaust sound at low speeds, currently I have to go 3500+RPM (when the valves open) and go pretty fast to listen to it. It is a win-win situation.

How did you get on with this? I'd like to be able to start the car quietly with the valves closed, can this be done? Also which one did you order?
Cheers