Exhaust tips

Yes, I've had mine powder coated Satin Black. Looks a bit more stealthy. Image

I did this on my Remus system. Cost me £40 on a slow day at an alloy wheel refurb place.

Had plastidip on ours for the last 3 months and its been spot on

Only had my S3 a week.
Just replaced the Audi rings and S3 to black and had my exhaust tips powder coated (only £12 for all 4).

Attachments

• A8C82096-BE90-4D9C-9A41-172B7661278F.jpeg
    A8C82096-BE90-4D9C-9A41-172B7661278F.jpeg
    1.8 MB · Views: 145
Reactions: NevMan
Only had my S3 a week.
Just replaced the Audi rings and S3 to black and had my exhaust tips powder coated (only £12 for all 4).
Dam, I thought I got a good price. You just smashed me out of the park lol.

Reactions: S3-StevePn
Only had my S3 a week.

£12! How did you manage that?

Got my new gloss black exhaust tips on yesterday very happy with them
Car is looking very nice. :sunglasses: All the black touches are working well together.
I like your number plate too....although one might expect the car to be driven by a female. :D

Guys that have had them powder coated, were yours pitted and do you know if they stripped the chrome first?

Yes two were pitted also covers in tar spots they were going to sand blast then powder coat

Cheers Colin, not sure if the place I emailed does sand blasting or not. He said -

Hello Tom,

I am not sure if you may need the chrome taken off first because they have pickled on edges.
I would try and have a go if you like, but could go wrong.

Hmmm, tad far from me. I've just emailed a place I used for a wheel refurb though to see if they can help. The factory 'chrome' finish is terrible, not very robust at all!

Mine are terrible and I was going to get them re-chromed but they wanted around £200 for the job... I’m surprised somebody hasn’t come up with a aftermarket slip on part, maybe even a round end.

Reactions: Adam14