Exhaust tips on 3.0 v6

Padw

Reaction score
Hi, I'm new to the forum.

Just bought a a4 v6 quattro coming from a mk4 r32. On the r32, you could unclamp the exhaust tips and simply clamp on some bigger milltek ones, keeping the rest of the exhaust system standard.

Can you do this on the audi? Just thinking the standard pipes don't fill the holes as well as they could and don't want to shell out on a whole system just yet.

Cheers, Paul

Reactions: DieselJake
Welcome
I have just bought and S4 with a Miltek back box and the rest is still standard, you can however get a set of exhaust tips and replace the standard ones, rather than having to buy a new/2nd hand back box
If you search Audi S4 V8 Nickvw on Detailing World, he is selling his S4 and he has done exactly that, exhaust is all standard, apart from the tips which he bought off ebay

Nice, thanks for the info. I haven't managed to find any on eBay (most of the 'universal' tips look cheap and nasty) so may have to give a milltek dealer a ring.

Ps, would have liked an s4 myself.

no worries mate, he picked them up for around about £35 and it made a huge difference to the look of the rear of his car, way better than the standard ones
I've only had the S4 a month but I love it, the 4.2 V8 engine sounds like thunder :yahoo:

Thanks for the link. Not bad prices either, will just have to decide on size now