Exhaust temp sensor location

scotto

Reaction score
Hey folks,

I have almost finished putting in a new engine to a 2001 AMK S3 and was looking for some info on the egt sensor. I bought the car with the head off so have had to figure out where all the wiring, pipes and hoses etc go now i have the new engine in. The egt sensor wire goes around the front of the engine but i am a bit confused as to how it mounts to the inlet manifold??? I thought i had it right as i had it bolted to the under side of the manifold but them i realised there was a bracket the dipstick slots in to that bolts on the front of the manifold. When that bracket is on the egt controller cant fit in the the manifold like i thought it did. Does anyone have a picture of how the controller is mounted to the manifold?

Hey folks,

I have almost finished putting in a new engine to a 2001 AMK S3 and was looking for some info on the egt sensor. I bought the car with the head off so have had to figure out where all the wiring, pipes and hoses etc go now i have the new engine in. The egt sensor wire goes around the front of the engine but i am a bit confused as to how it mounts to the inlet manifold??? I thought i had it right as i had it bolted to the under side of the manifold but them i realised there was a bracket the dipstick slots in to that bolts on the front of the manifold. When that bracket is on the egt controller cant fit in the the manifold like i thought it did. Does anyone have a picture of how the controller is mounted to the manifold?

your on the rite tracks mate
Ain't got a picture but have you tried turning it upside down?