Exhaust tailpipes - I've had a sad moment

cosmicblue

Reaction score
:anguished: So the red beast is sat in the garage, clean and looking good. The black tail pipe trims are shiny on the outside (metal polish - Brasso...about a month ago) but the insides are looking grubby....some engine oil on a cloth coating the inner surfaces looks much better. I don't supposed it will last - I fear I may have crossed the boundary to sad old git..

Reactions: Chris518, seanick and Thundercliffe81
:anguished: So the red beast is sat in the garage, clean and looking good. The black tail pipe trims are shiny on the outside (metal polish - Brasso...about a month ago) but the insides are looking grubby....some engine oil on a cloth coating the inner surfaces looks much better. I don't supposed it will last - I fear I may have crossed the boundary to sad old git..
Pic

Sent from my SM-G930F using Tapatalk

No don't think like that bieng proud of your ride is good . I've always polished my tail pipe whether it was on the scooby or the S4 it's part of the car and normally missed
Chris

Reactions: Sandra and cosmicblue
Thanks Chris, there is comfort in knowing I'm not alone in the 'barking-mad' camp...

Reactions: Sandra
Same here,if my car had chrome exhaust tips i always polished them. Must admit i like the ''fake'' ones now on my SQ5 ,no polishing required.