Exhaust systems

keep the audi system , there sports model exhausts are pretty good , i put a milltek on my old tt and hated it !!
oem sports system was better

I agree had a non resonated miltek on my old focus St hated it noisy and boomy on motorway, waste of money.
Stick with oem and get a remap.

There's a good video on you tube with a s1 with a supersprint exhaust fitted.
does sound a bit louder!

Just picked up my new S1 yesterday, from the videos I had seen and from the short test drive I was worried about the exhaust being too quiet. But I can safely say after driven 150 miles it's much better in the 'flesh' it's actually quite boomy and racey and I havnt even fully opened the taps yet.

Dynamic mode is a noticeably better tone aswell.

I have gone for an MTM cat back
DTYME83
file.php

Tbh don't know much about exhausts but the s1 seems to have an electronic valve on the left does this have one to?

Yes it does as far as I am aware, but the value is only there so that the exhaust is quieter on idle and obviously opens when the you give it some.
DTYME83

e8e29fe47e9c02b1a41e777e217b9484.jpg

MTM rear silencer fitted.

DTYME83

Reactions: kevin lewis
My middle box is getting removed next weekend and fitting a custom performance pipe

Reactions: DTYME83
I'm the prototype car for the FiE Exhaust. Once it is complete and they send us the sample I'll have a video up.

Reactions: S1Grant
Both silencers removed today happy with the results

Reactions: Prof.Farnsworth, Claud19, DTYME83 and 2 others
I was thinking of going to Power flow in Bromley and get them to fit a custom pipe from the cat to the rear sliencer

I had mine done at torque flow Birmingham at MSL performance the s1 has two middle silencers then obviously silencer in the back box 200 quid it cost

Reactions: Ian Whiffen
That's definately better than forking out for a stainless steel system. I saw on ebay that Cobra do an S/S system for about £850 without fitting but to be honest yours sounds pretty good like that

Reactions: S1Grant
Yes it is the guys at torque flow said bring it back if you want it louder and they will take the back box out and put a screamer pipe on and might take the cat out haha

Aha yeah no cat is the way to go lol. My old Clio 197 had a stainless manifold plus milltek so no cats at all and it was brilliant. There is a video on YouTube of it shooting flames out the back

This looks good. I like the black tips, especially as my car is black and yellow
GetDocument 1
GetDocument

Expensive is what it is
£2500. Richard richter sport gave me a quote in one and it's not even a full turbo back system. What ABT are charging gets you the full MTM or milltek system

DTYME83

Just take the silencers out cheap and cheer full

That's absolutely ridiculous!!!
It would cost them about £100 to make.

Yeah was going to say the same thing. 2.5k is a hell of a lot for a cat back exhaust. I would imagine the Supersprint will probably work out the same. Just a straight through pipe from the cat to the rear silencer me thinks.

Yeah was going to say the same thing. 2.5k is a hell of a lot for a cat back exhaust. I would imagine the Supersprint will probably work out the same. Just a straight through pipe from the cat to the rear silencer me thinks.

I believe that the supersprint system also includes the turbo back which the ABT doesn't. ABT are just ripping people off IMO

DTYME83

Reactions: PastS1Owner and Ian Whiffen
I believe that the supersprint system also includes the turbo back which the ABT doesn't. ABT are just ripping people off IMO

DTYME83
I agree totally. Supersprint do the option of no cat, sports cat and cat back systems depending on what you want. ABT are kind of taking the ****.

I'm doing Milltek Resonated with Black tips towards the end of the year.
That would be good. I'm going to maybe get a custom straight through stainless steelpipe from the cat to the rear box then maybe just sort out a different rear box next year

I wish I could get a Titanium Cat back like I have on my RX8 it is 26lbs lighter than stock. The milltek is more than what I paid for the Titanium Exhaust with shipping from Japan.