Exhaust pipe gap

Gazza84

Reaction score
Hi, as I await my saloon ordered 4 weeks ago, probably into 2024 I was wondering if anyone knows of a funnel or sleeve that can cover this awful gap that ruins this almost perfect looking car? I don’t want to change the exhaust but would like a cosmetic solution to fill the gap if anyone knows of a company fabricating these?

What an odd post……..

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Haha
Reactions: Snake Pliskin and Daggerit
I have to say, I notice my massive steering wheel more than I've ever noticed the exhaust gap. Just tell people it's the same as an R8 V10.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
Just make a nice sleeve to join the 'proper' exhaust pipes to the 'fake' fixed tailpipes.

And then you can watch as the vibrations and the heat break and melt your plastic bumper, job done :)

Reactions: 8YARWY
Audi R8 exhaust you say? Excuse for my favourite advert ever ...

TX.

Reactions: garethdj, Snake Pliskin, RS03??? and 2 others
Just make a nice sleeve to join the 'proper' exhaust pipes to the 'fake' fixed tailpipes.

And then you can watch as the vibrations and the heat break and melt your plastic bumper, job done :)
It doesn’t have to be joined at both ends, just look like it is lol

I much preferred the 8V look but you get used to it just like you get used to all the other quirks.

It's easier to wash.

Reactions: Snake Pliskin
I much preferred the 8V look but you get used to it just like you get used to all the other quirks.

It's easier to wash.

And if it starts flaking easier to replace

Reactions: Snake Pliskin and kayemill
And if it starts flaking easier to replace

I religiously cleaned the tailpipes on my Golf R but at 2 years old they still started to pit, really annoyed me, tailpipes were welded on so complete new rear section required.
On my R8 they just screwed to the bumper, still a PITA to change though

Reactions: 8YARWY
I religiously cleaned the tailpipes on my Golf R but at 2 years old they still started to pit, really annoyed me, tailpipes were welded on so complete new rear section required.
On my R8 they just screwed to the bumper, still a PITA to change though

Cheaper than paying out for a complete new back box though.

Reactions: Mike.46