Exhaust paint flaking

Jsimba

Reaction score
Hi folks, has anyone actually had any luck in getting Audi to repair the flaky paintwork on the inner surface of the exhaust tips? Mine have started to peel (12 months old, still under warranty) and I'd like to think this should be something Audi would fix... has anyone managed to get them to sort it on their car yet? Thanks!

Sent from my SM-G960F using Tapatalk

I knw this is slightly different circumstances but I had pitting on my PFL exhaust around the tips on a 18 month old car. I showed my local dealer at the time to be told that this was unfortunately not covered whatsoever through the manufacturer's warranty.
They argued that I had used some aggressive to clean them, I hadn't in this case. Some battles you have to walk away from.

Sent from my SM-G981B using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jsimba
Exhaust tip quality is shocking!

Both my S3 and S4 exhausts corroded/pitted badly, Audi did replace the S4 exhaust as a gesture of goodwill but after 6 months of careful cleaning it did it again!

Same here with the RS3, black paint flaking which I reported, dealer advised it was under review by Audi UK but nothing they could do currently! Will get it sprayed myself at some point as others have done on here with decent results.

Reactions: Jsimba and FBF01
Waste of time going to Audi with it.
Life’s too short......

I did a thread on this.

Tips are still as good today as when I sprayed them earlier this year.
964d59cfb667c0f9e713c31cafe50323.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Riko0073, seventeenapg and Jsimba
Thanks guys, I thought as much. I saw your post as part of my research earlier T-1000. I was hoping someone may have got further with Audi but I guess I'll need to find some temp-resistant spray then!

Thanks guys, I thought as much. I saw your post as part of my research earlier T-1000. I was hoping someone may have got further with Audi but I guess I'll need to find some temp-resistant spray then!

The tip flaking is on Audi’s system I’ve seen it in Erwin online.
The thing is it says dealers aren’t to replace exhausts because there is no resolution to this in place, this is why dealers won’t do anything because they’ll not get the £1400 it costs for a new back box section from Audi under warranty.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: Jsimba
Yeah mine was really bad.
They re welded some tips on mine.

Took some time to order the new tips. 4 weeks

I couldnt believe it when Audi said they weld ha.

Attachments

• 20201108_134202.jpg
    20201108_134202.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 172