Exhaust options for stage 2+ ?

Hookmonster

Reaction score
Hi guys
I have an s3 2010 sportback, and im on the way to stage 2+ with a revo intake, loba hpfp, and need to sort out an exhaust option at a sensible price.

Its very likely gping to be from BCS as there customer service is superb from what im told.. word of mouth is a great thing.
My exhaust is standard at the moment so what would be your recomendations? From the cheapest but still ok for the job through to the the best..

BCS if you want the best.

They're busy working out a custom 90mm exhaust for me.

Other than that there are Milltek,Scorpion and a few others.
My previous one was/is a Milltek,which has been fine up until the last round of mods.

Reactions: Connor121 and Hookmonster
Cheaper options are cobra scorpion then miltek then at the top you have bcs and ipe ,all depends what you want out of it

Id definatly prefer a full BCS powervalve system but im considering bcs downpipe and 200 cell cat.. to save a bit of money.... (to go towards a sachs clutch) will i notice performance difference... she'l lbe mapped at Rtech..

To get the full benefits of a Stg2+ remap,you should have the full exhaust system,although the downpipe and cat are the worst of the problem.

Reactions: Hookmonster
Out of interest has anybody got/tried a Blueflame TBE? I had one on my Leon Cupra R and the quality was excellent

I have a full Powervalve with decat and its awesome! Its ****** addictive i worn you! lol
As for other options, ive tried Cobra and if they ahvent made a new revision, then i wouldnt bother with that design! Mine went back under warranty which was good of them.

BCS for top quality, i can fully recommend them.

I should have known better to ask a question on this forum.... always seems to cost money... lol

Sounds like ill have to speak to nige again and order a powervalve..

Thanks guys.

Reactions: Smirky and S3Alex
I should have known better to ask a question on this forum.... always seems to cost money... lol

Sounds like ill have to speak to nige again and order a powervalve..

Thanks guys.
Do it.

It's worth it, r tech have reported seeing slight power gains on cars equipped with the powervalve over other exhaust manufacturers too

Buy cheap, buy twice... Unfortunately that is what happened to me!

Reactions: Smirky and Hookmonster
I'm revo stage 2 and have just received delivery of a BCS downpipe with 200 cell cat to mate up to my stock cat back for time being untill funds allow me to get the Powervalve cat back. Is 2+ achievable with just downpipe and sports cat exhaust wise?

Usual recommendation is to have the full exhaust. The downpipe on S3 is very restrictive, so with that and standard cat replaced you have moved the restriction to the standard backbox. Not sure how restrictive that is though, so you may be quite close to Stg2+ figures in theory.

I too can also vouch for BCS, I have a full turbo-back Powervalve system (De-Cat) and it's awesome.

The quality and service is second to none and you wont be dissapointed!!

Reactions: Compkiler and Hookmonster
Fitted my BCS downpipe and sports cat yesterday and he quality is unbelievable. So glad I got it over a milltek downpipe. Now just have to choose a cat back to go on it

Reactions: Compkiler and Hookmonster
Fitted my BCS downpipe and sports cat yesterday and he quality is unbelievable. So glad I got it over a milltek downpipe. Now just have to choose a cat back to go on it
Bcs powervalve

Reactions: Hookmonster, smurfworth and leshkin
When I asked I'm sure they said they sell the cat back separate.

Reactions: S.
I'm sure they don't sell cat back for standard downpipe (no point) but if you have a bcs downpipe I'm sure they will make the cat back section

Give me a shout when you're ready - I'm doing a great deal on the systems at the moment...
Cheers
Nige

Will do Nige, im just contemplating wether to get the new clutch in first so they dont have to unbolt all of your good work !!

I contacted bcs last week and there prices are a lot more than the leading brands were they always used to be a lot lower. @bcsnige

I contacted bcs last week and there prices are a lot more than the leading brands were they always used to be a lot lower. @bcsnige
Bcs is the leading brand

Reactions: BCS Nige, Compkiler and leshkin
Bcs is the leading brand
yer in the form world so to speak but you can not walk into a shop and buy one were i would love another one but the prices he come back to me with i have thought again to be honest

I spoke to nige a few weeks ago and the price he gave me was good.. fitted too.. slightly more than other top brands but not by much.. quality always costs a bit more.. otherwise wed all have old fords..

Reactions: Smirky
yer in the form world so to speak but you can not walk into a shop and buy one were i would love another one but the prices he come back to me with i have thought again to be honest
True you can't because there not mass-produced on a production line ,
For the 8p platform I'm pretty sure its been proven to be the best on the dyno

True you can't because there not mass-produced on a production line ,
For the 8p platform I'm pretty sure its been proven to be the best on the dyno
Yer they have but as I say the price I was quoted was a lot more than what I paid two years ago and I know things go up but for the difference was shocking I just think he has got his name now so let's put it up a bit were other brands have come down in price as I know 304l has come down in price too.

I spoke to nige a few weeks ago and the price he gave me was good.. fitted too.. slightly more than other top brands but not by much.. quality always costs a bit more.. otherwise wed all have old fords..
Can you pm the price and see what it was compare to what I got.

The price i paid was around £300 more than the Cobra i had which was totally useless... Buy cheap, you buy twice as ive said before!! If you love your car and im sure most on here will or else they wouldnt be on here, then i believe spending an extra £300 for the best exhaust for my car is money well spent!
Trust me, i thought the same as you S3joe at one point, but im so pleased i went and purchased my Powervalve now! Its transformed my driving experience in a car i absolutely love driving!
Im a convert!

Reactions: S3Alex
Yeah I agree ^ Now I actually have a BCS first hand and see'ing the quality etc I'm so glad I paid the extra.

Custom service is much better aswell, If you have a problem they'll happily sort it out for you hassle free!!

Firstly the Powervalve system is unique - no other brand uses boost actuated technology to control both torque and sound, so it would be wrong to compare it directly with other companies systems.
The current deal I have on for the full turbo back 3.0" system with 200 cell cat is £1342.68
If you want the non Powervalve 3.0" system which has a full time sound then the price is £1175.00
A quick search on ebay shows a Milltek 2.75" system at £1197.00
If you want to call me and allow me to tell you where the expense is compared to other brands - I'll happily go through it for you - I think you'll be surprised...
It's also worth considering that the Powervalve is a hand made product manufactured in very limited numbers and therefore carries a high residual value when you come to sell it on... (when was the last time you saw one for sale second hand or on ebay?)
I understand that customers have to work within a budget but i think it's unfair to make an assumption that our prices are where they are because...
"I just think he has got his name now"

Reactions: S., Compkiler, leshkin and 1 other person
Firstly the Powervalve system is unique - no other brand uses boost actuated technology to control both torque and sound, so it would be wrong to compare it directly with other companies systems.
The current deal I have on for the full turbo back 3.0" system with 200 cell cat is £1342.68
If you want the non Powervalve 3.0" system which has a full time sound then the price is £1175.00
A quick search on ebay shows a Milltek 2.75" system at £1197.00
If you want to call me and allow me to tell you where the expense is compared to other brands - I'll happily go through it for you - I think you'll be surprised...
It's also worth considering that the Powervalve is a hand made product manufactured in very limited numbers and therefore carries a high residual value when you come to sell it on... (when was the last time you saw one for sale second hand or on ebay?)
I understand that customers have to work within a budget but i think it's unfair to make an assumption that our prices are where they are because...
"I just think he has got his name now"
Now if that's a dig at me this would be the second exhaust I would be getting off you if you remember my car was the solar orange one you done one to about two years ago and I have changed my car now so I might just have to have a think now as I am annoyed you have put this up and not a pm

Well it was a dig at Nige and his brand so tbh, he has every right to defend himself from your comment mate tbh.